Is there a need ?

D'Artagnan

If a book which is truly unbiased and factual can be written, I truly believe that would be a great thing.

It is difficult to imagine such a book, as the people who are interested enough in the subject tend to be those with a strong view either way.

That said, there is every need for the right person to nail it.

From what I have seen of your posts D'art you are very logical and interested in pursuing the truth.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be great to have a book available to not only chronicle what happened, but also to examine the roles of the protagonists and the various attitudes towards the crisis. My biggest question is not should it be done, but is it too early to do it?

The woefull tome written by the failed journalist has been roundly slaughtered as purile and oppinionated. The temptation to answer claim with counterclaim is, understandably, difficult to resist but imo we meed to keep our powder dry for a wee while longer. We have shored up our club and its value as a solid and respectable institution, worthy of its place in the 21st century football community. I see this period as the time to wipe out the termites who'd chew away at our structure because they can't eat from the Rangers' bountiful table. A rush to print may pre-empt the findings of Nimmo and the kangaroo court. I also firmly believe that the full extent of criminality has been largely swept, swept, swept back into the dark corner from whence it emmanated ( and we all know who does sweep, sweep, sweep so extremely effectively ). If SDM can crack the tax conspiracy then the whole plot will gradually unravell , with the unavoidable consequence of the fall of the " house of cards "...........now there's the book I'd pay handsomely to read. btw D'Art, I acknowledge your sentiments and motivation. I look out for your posts and can assure you that it would be difficult to squeeze a fag paper between us in almost everything that matters in our demands for justice. I'm now convinced that we will only experience justice when it is accompanied by redress i.e. payback time is looming ever closer for the cabal.

bax

It would not be my intention to write something purely as a response or reactive to 3 names book. But it concerns me that it is the only piece of literature out there which deals with the subject.

There are a lot of lies which need to be put to bed once and for all - some of Stephen Thomson's comments are a prime example

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18365480

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

I ask because a number of bears have suggested I address this imbalance.

D'Art your the perfect author for a new book.

Your articles are second to none and you style of writing would be exsactly what we need moving forward.

My own opinion is that your book would be the opposite of that published (and therefore may be needed) but in its own way would only be pandering to 'our' views.

I think what I would like to see is one where the author was neutral - so that where there are issues to be tackled its not with blue tinted glasses nor green tinted glasses but one with real equity (for instance there were a lot of issues re: blue knights/ Deeds Brown / RST where some of our own supports comments/tactics could be open to critisism). The way the BBC handled the whole thing takes different perspectives as well (The initial investigation into Whyte is something that needed to be in the public domain - the way it was put together with EBT issues is worthy of critisism).

Rather than pander BP9, I would hope it would reflect the genuine feelings of the Rangers support to some of the events that have transpired, our sense of shame, bewilderment, anger etc....though i do see where you are coming from. I appreciate I see the world through blue tinted glasses, but if that view is objective, fair and balanced in its search for the truth then I think the world could cope with that.

Rather than pander BP9, I would hope it would reflect the genuine feelings of the Rangers support to some of the events that have transpired, our sense of shame, bewilderment, anger etc....though i do see where you are coming from. I appreciate I see the world through blue tinted glasses, but if that view is objective, fair and balanced in its search for the truth then I think the world could cope with that.

I agree the story needs told, and even told from a Rangers perspective but ( and I am just being forthright here) we need to keep (IMHO) the vitriol , paranoia and excess 'chip on our shoulder' ( or should that be ' no one likes us we don't care' ) out of it , including the excessive thirst for revenge and downfall of others that many seem to seek. . if you can write it without resorting to the excess then good luck and let me know if I can help .

At present the only book which looks at the Rangers crisis over the last 12 months has been written by someone with a particular hatred of our club. Is there a need for a book which seeks to look at the whole debacle from the perspective of the Rangers support ?

If penned by you I'd buy it brother!

Thanks for the various points of view - I do appreciate them all.

I still feel the perspective of the Rangers support has never been properly aired - and I think within the press, in particular there is still a lack of understanding as to how we feel about all that has transpired, and in particular, why we feel as we do.

Whilst I understand the feelings of some that it would be more balanced written from a neutral perspective, I don't honestly feel a neutral could express some of the emotions we have experienced these last few months. Just my opinion of course.

History is written by the victors. Our enemies set out their stall and waited for their opportunity to

strike. They did, and they failed. They did not finish us off. Like you I have an anger burning in

me at their methods and their motivations. How many events or biographies in history do we read

that are qualified by the words "early details are sketchy" ? I think we need as erudite and lucid a

chronology of events up to this point as we can get. I have read many of your posts and articles on

other sites and I think you are eminently qualified to tackle this project. Let the truth be known

as best it can be at this point.

I still feel the perspective of the Rangers support has never been properly aired - and I think within the press, in particular there is still a lack of understanding as to how we feel about all that has transpired, and in particular, why we feel as we do.

Whilst I understand the feelings of some that it would be more balanced written from a neutral perspective, I don't honestly feel a neutral could express some of the emotions we have experienced these last few months. Just my opinion of course.

Very much agree . If I'm looking for news bulletins , updates etc i want it from a neutral perspective but if its about my club then I want to read the words of someone who loves my club as much as me .

I don't know who you are but from reading your posts I like your flavour . Go for it .

To my mind, there are two books out there for this.

The first is a story of the trials and tribulations of the club, culminating at the end of the year with our record-breaking attendances and successful share issue. (and hopefully with a follow up a few years from now on our glorious return to Europe)

The second needs to take longer, and be a full, and factual account of what has gone on, agendas, potential criminal acts, etc. But this will be years in the researching and writing.

Very much agree . If I'm looking for news bulletins , updates etc i want it from a neutral perspective but if its about my club then I want to read the words of someone who loves my club as much as me .

I don't know who you are but from reading your posts I like your flavour . Go for it .

http://dartagnanthe4thmusketeer.blogspot.co.uk/

Careful what you wish for Gallows ! :sherlock:

Guest Andypendek

Dunno if it's been mentioned but there's an admin on here who is nearing the end of a post-graduate course in investigative journalism. That seems fairly appropriate!

But it's still too soon for anything other than best guesses, unless someone has unbelievable sources.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but there's an admin on here who is nearing the end of a post-graduate course in investigative journalism. That seems fairly appropriate!

But it's still too soon for anything other than best guesses, unless someone has unbelievable sources.

I respectfully disagree Andy.

I agree there is much more to run on this story and that will require careful documenting and comment at some future stage. But think about what we have subjected to over the last few months. Someone suggested that any book should be titled "Guilty until proven innocent" on another forum - I thought that particularly apt.

Yes its too early for a book which charts the complete story - but is it too early for a book which airs the feelings of the Rangers support it view of what has already transpired ? Pre-determination of guilt, claims by SDM he was duped, 5 way agreements, HMRC behaviour, BBC Scotland behaviour, Harper McLeods invovlement, the conduct of the SPL/SFA, the Blue Knights, Brown and his title deeds, Green and of course the extraordinary conduct of the Rangers support. Enough there to fill several volumes !

yes D'Art and we can have it in the factual category rather than Phil White's work of hatred and fiction.

did you read leggo on pcc backing the sun's prouncement on multi-names being a bigot?

yes D'Art and we can have it in the factual category rather than Phil White's work of hatred and fiction.

did you read leggo on pcc backing the sun's prouncement on multi-names being a bigot?

Yes it appears that 2013 has not started well for Phil, even those within the republican movement are now turning on him. Wonder how Alex Thomson feels now having penned his name and reputation to this individiual.

Yes it appears that 2013 has not started well for Phil, even those within the republican movement are now turning on him. Wonder how Alex Thomson feels now having penned his name and reputation to this individiual.

i suspect that AT does not give a shit he is far too arrogant to admit an error of judgement. like most people that stuck the knife into us.

but even if written from our perspective you need to avoid the paranoic , everyone is out to get us, angle or it won't be taken seriously by anyone

but even if written from our perspective you need to avoid the paranoic , everyone is out to get us, angle or it won't be taken seriously by anyone

Of course that depends on your interpretation of paranoia BP9.

For some considerable time on these boards you and I have jousted with regard to BBC Scotland, yet I have always supported my views with evidence to support my claims. Two of their most respected broadcasters in recent times have been highly critical of their treatment of Rangers and acknowledged that a less than professional and objective attitude has caused serious harm to our club.

Many years ago when I applied Allports theory to Rangers many criticised me saying I was going way over the top. Who now would argue with my original post that there is a determination by some to exterminate our club ?

Yes, yes there is, and your the very fella to do it.

Okay the "gently persuasive" General on VB along with the other messages of support for this project on both here and VB have almost convinced me to do it.

Ive being doing a little research since and there seems to be a lot of merit in self publishing in the form of an e-book through Amazon - this keeps the cost of the book down (as little as 75p) and negates any publishing costs. This is not a money making exercise but rather an attempt to get the perspective of the Rangers support out there.

All that I would require would be a proof reader (perhaps 2) and a cover designer.

Here's the link to self publishing on Amazon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-2040044/Kindle-How-make-million-writing-e-book.html

Id welcome your thoughts on this.

Okay the "gently persuasive" General on VB along with the other messages of support for this project on both here and VB have almost convinced me to do it.

Ive being doing a little research since and there seems to be a lot of merit in self publishing in the form of an e-book through Amazon - this keeps the cost of the book down (as little as 75p) and negates any publishing costs. This is not a money making exercise but rather an attempt to get the perspective of the Rangers support out there.

All that I would require would be a proof reader (perhaps 2) and a cover designer.

Here's the link to self publishing on Amazon.

http://www.dailymail...ing-e-book.html

Id welcome your thoughts on this.

Two missed apostrophes, and one grammatical glitch ('on both here and VB' - reads better as 'both on here and on VB')

Also 'Amazon.' should be 'Amazon:'

And finally, proofreader is one word. :)

See? I'm an excellent poofreader (tu)