Is there a need ?

D'Artagnan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay the "gently persuasive" General on VB along with the other messages of support for this project on both here and VB have almost convinced me to do it.

Ive being doing a little research since and there seems to be a lot of merit in self publishing in the form of an e-book through Amazon - this keeps the cost of the book down (as little as 75p) and negates any publishing costs. This is not a money making exercise but rather an attempt to get the perspective of the Rangers support out there.

All that I would require would be a proof reader (perhaps 2) and a cover designer.

Here's the link to self publishing on Amazon.

http://www.dailymail...ing-e-book.html

Id welcome your thoughts on this.

D'Art,to take this task on without any financial reward is a very noble act indeed and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you every success in doing so.

D'Art,to take this task on without any financial reward is a very noble act indeed and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you every success in doing so.

Not really that much difference from what I do at the moment Allc. I deliberately don't have any advertising on my blog and writing a book is not a million miles away from blogging. If i put all my blogs together it would be a book in itself ! Thanks for your kind wishes.

Not really that much difference from what I do at the moment Allc. I deliberately don't have any advertising on my blog and writing a book is not a million miles away from blogging. If i put all my blogs together it would be a book in itself ! Thanks for your kind wishes.

Personally, I think that the time and effort involved in creating something of this importance should be accordingly rewarded and I would certainly be willing to pay more than the 75p for it that you have suggested.

Okay the "gently persuasive" General on VB along with the other messages of support for this project on both here and VB have almost convinced me to do it.

Ive being doing a little research since and there seems to be a lot of merit in self publishing in the form of an e-book through Amazon - this keeps the cost of the book down (as little as 75p) and negates any publishing costs. This is not a money making exercise but rather an attempt to get the perspective of the Rangers support out there.

All that I would require would be a proof reader (perhaps 2) and a cover designer.

Here's the link to self publishing on Amazon.

http://www.dailymail...ing-e-book.html

Id welcome your thoughts on this.

Should I be embarrassed that you appear to know more about technology than I do? I don't even know what an E-Book is.

Should I be embarrassed that you appear to know more about technology than I do? I don't even know what an E-Book is.

Probably TWB given my own technophobia - but your post underlines one of my fears about going down this route that it may make the book less available.

E-books are electronic books which is the format for Kindle/Kobo etc - written word in digital format. If you have an android phone you can read e-books

Probably TWB given my own technophobia - but your post underlines one of my fears about going down this route that it may make the book less available.

E-books are electronic books which is the format for Kindle/Kobo etc - written word in digital format. If you have an android phone you can read e-books

Never thought of that D’Art, sometimes people like me perceive the world through the narrow perspective of their own reality.

I thought most people had an e-reader

I may be wrong, but I think it’s possible to obtain an e-version that can be read on a laptop using Word.

Never thought of that D’Art, sometimes people like me perceive the world through the narrow perspective of their own reality.

I thought most people had an e-reader

I may be wrong, but I think it’s possible to obtain an e-version that can be read on a laptop using Word.

or you can use Calibre (free download) on your PC as an e-reader as well as a library manager.. and send books to Stanza app on your fave i-appliance