Team selection v united ?

Ano we have a few weeks untill we play united but what will be the best possible team selection

A really want us to win this game !! Am nervous of the team selection !! Am nervous about watching the game !! Am nervous that people who are reading this will think am a idiot for bring it up just now ! So fellow bears , what do yous think the best possible team selection will be for the 2nd of February ? ..... PLAY TWO STRIKERS !

I can't see super playing two up front against them, he wouldn't do at home against Elgin so it's unlikely.

I think it's important Lee gets match fit because we will need all our men to be at the top of their game. If Templeton is on form we have a chance of scoring 2 or 3. My worry is, how the defence will cope with their attackers.

If we start with Templeton and McKay we should be able to cause them problems. McCulloch upfront supported by Sheils just behind him. Black and Macleod in the middle of the Midfeld.

Our defence has looked good recently, all be it against division 3 opponents. Apart from Alexander's mistake at the weekend, the only goals we have conceded recently have been crackers or quite fortunate.

I'm confident going into this game, more confident than I would be playing at Ibrox. At home, people would have possibly expected us to win, but away takes that pressure off our lads and puts it all on a very average Dundee Utd squad.

What I would like us to start with and what will happen are probably going to be very different. There is no accounting for injuries, form or Ally's thoughts on the match...

For me though we are at our best when we play with width and pace and utilise our full backs in attacking areas when Temps/Mckay etc come infield....Our biggest weakness is our defence so there is no point trying to defend for 90 minutes and the long ball stuff will not work against utd especially if we play Jig up top who wont have to pace to get in behind their backline. I fear for us if we have a right side of Hegarty and Little to be honest. I would start with;

Alexander

Arigiou Hegarty Cribari Wallace

Hutton Macleod

Mckay Sheils Templeton

Jig

I imagine it will be a horrid turgid defensive team that go for the draw in all honesty. 5-4-1.

Which is what Scumdee HIVs will be expecting and will go all out attack in an attempt to humiliate us.

We, however, should be prepared for this, play an attacking formation and pump them into next week.

We need to beat them up there as we don't want them getting 40% of a home replay gate money.

In an ideal world, we would play 4 2 3 1 with mckay, temps and Shiels in behind mcculloch or sandaza (oh how I would love Francisco to get a goal v them!). Hutton and Macleod as the two Def mids and our usual defence if possible. Cribari has come on to a game so will be interesting to see how he does

I am not expecting anything from this match as it's the most difficult we will have faced, that's not saying I don't want to win, I understand it will be a tall order to beat utd but not impossible.

The defence worries me apart from Wallace obviously. Going forward we are good enough to give them a beating but that defence could be taken apart as they were by Inverness.Would probably go with

Alexander

Wallace perry Cribari Argiriou

Black. Hutton

McCloud (spelling escapes me :( )

McKay. Templeton

Jig

A defensive 433 with plenty of potential going forward.Think we need two defensive midfielders in there to protect the back 4 and allow Wallace and the Greek to get forward and support the forward three.

alexander, aririgou, jig, cibari, wallace. midfield comprising of

rm andrew littlew

cm mcleod and black ...relunctantly

lm temps

shiels playing just behind big fran. he is due to get his career kickstarted and against spl enemy there would be no better time.

i think we need jig at the back to protect it. we have been losing goals in the league at a rate of 0.78 goals per game. its ok for jig to score against div three teams but i think he wld be of better use to us on this ocassion at the back using his knowledge of spl and overall experience......

alexander, aririgou, jig, cibari, wallace. midfield comprising of

rm andrew littlew

cm mcleod and black ...relunctantly

lm temps

shiels playing just behind big fran. he is due to get his career kickstarted and against spl enemy there would be no better time.

i think we need jig at the back to protect it. we have been losing goals in the league at a rate of 0.78 goals per game. its ok for jig to score against div three teams but i think he wld be of better use to us on this ocassion at the back using his knowledge of spl and overall experience......

Big Jig would get destroyed with Russell's pace at the back.

what the same as everyone said weire wld when he played in spl? its about how to read a game mate and knowing where ball is headed before it gets there. anticipating and that comes with knowledge and experience. i think we will be desrtoyed by anyone if we play hegarty and cibari. he is weak in the air, not too quick on the deck and if the truth be told not that great a player. imo

Well for starters Andy little is not a midfielder in a million years.

McCoist will do what smith would do.

Put faure on the right infront of argiriyou.

That way it. Looks a 4-4-2 but with as much threat as dog vs a lion.

I would say Perry and cribrari is our best pairing at cb. Wallace and argiriyou full backs.

Templeton on the left. Wee McKay a free role and fill in where needed. Black and Macleod in centre.

This game could well be won by Ian black dominating players who are afraid to go in against him.

Little and jig upfront.

believe perry is injured from weekend. i know its a few weeks away but will he be ok? perry looked ok with bocanegra last year but just looks bewildered out there playing. think a lot of whaty was getting written about him last year went to the lads head, future gers captain etc. would like to see the big man succeed just think he needs that reliable experience in there with him

At the weekend me and the boys around me were a bit baffled at 1 up front but thought that may be super ally getting the team in shape for scumdee game. But if we are as pish as we were on Saturday formation will make no difference.

Wallace jig cribrari haggerty. McLeod black Templeton sheils McKay. Little.

That's my ideal. Think little is wasted out on right wing and has proved he can score goals.

4-4-2, attack them. Utd are a complete shambles this season, very poor, we should beat them comfortably if we play the right way.

----------------Alexander--------------------

Argyriou --- Cribari - Perry --- Wallace

McKay - MacLeod - Black - Templeton

----------McCulloch - Shiels---------------