'No Bigger Club Than Liverpool in the EPL' - Sturridge

Senna

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, just revelling in your delivery.

I do have a tendency to speak in a sarcastic tone even when I'm being wholly sincere. It means that my compliments seem more offensive than my insults :(

Once told a woman that she looked like Botticelli's Venus and she told me to fuck off and die.

I do have a tendency to speak in a sarcastic tone even when I'm being wholly sincere. It means that my compliments seem more offensive than my insults :(

Once told a woman that she looked like Botticelli's Venus and she told me to fuck off and die.

:lol: That's brilliant!

It doesn't work like this. There's a reason Alex Ferguson jumped at the chance to manage Man Utd, even though their claim to be a big club (which they were) was based on past glories.

If Liverpool are no longer a big club, neither are Rangers.

I still maintain that to be called a big club, you have to win domestic trophies a little more consistently than the odd FA Cup now and again. You could apply the same to Arsenal. If Liverpool were to have won the EPL a few times since their last one, this wouldn't even be an argument.

huge domestic fanbase

consistently successful domestically (within reason)

vastly successful history

European success (within reason)

That's the four I judge them on, though it's purely opinion.

At the moment, we're not the big club we once were, and that's largely down to the D3 status/no Europe.

Agree with Casey's reply too about new player at a new club.

Agreed.

The bears den is always full of people talking about how Rangers history is such an important part of what makes us such a huge club and then you come in here and it's full of people basically dismissing Liverpools history like its some sort of irrelevant side point which totally contradicts a massive part of what they believe makes Rangers such an institution.

Liverpool and Man Utd are easily the two biggest clubs in England.

Wether anyone cares to be honest about it or not, there is a possibility Rangers could go 6-10 years without a major trophy. Not saying that will happen but it's a possibility. The same people claiming Liverpool not to be a big club probably wont be as quick to dismiss Rangers. I had someone on here the other day say he would be embarrassed to like united due to how long they never won a title. Again I wonder if the feeling would be the same if Rangers go years?

Why wouldn't you include the League Cup?

*Rhetorical question*

I will answer anyway :lol:

I don't think you can include a tournament that most other countries don't even have. Putting aside the fact that some clubs don't take it seriously, if you compared "major" trophies of an English club versus Spanish, Italian or German then including the league cup skews the figures and gives a massive advantage to English clubs.

I will answer anyway :lol:

I don't think you can include a tournament that most other countries don't even have. Putting aside the fact that some clubs don't take it seriously, if you compared "major" trophies of an English club versus Spanish, Italian or German then including the league cup skews the figures and gives a massive advantage to English clubs.

It's a comparison between two English clubs though?

Man Utd pulled out of the FA Cup to play in the WCC, so in the name of fairness, we should take the wins from that competition out of the equation too.

Wether anyone cares to be honest about it or not, there is a possibility Rangers could go 6-10 years without a major trophy. Not saying that will happen but it's a possibility. The same people claiming Liverpool not to be a big club probably wont be as quick to dismiss Rangers. I had someone on here the other day say he would be embarrassed to like united due to how long they never won a title. Again I wonder if the feeling would be the same if Rangers go years?

Would we say that about celtic during our 9 in a row, or us during their 9 in a row? Maybe not because the other side were still in the race, whereas at the moment, Liverpool are not.

Would we say that about celtic during our 9 in a row, or us during their 9 in a row? Maybe not because the other side were still in the race, whereas at the moment, Liverpool are not.

It's a lot easier to be 'in the race' when it only has two/three runners.

It's a comparison between two English clubs though?

Man Utd pulled out of the FA Cup to play in the WCC, so in the name of fairness, we should take the wins from that competition out of the equation too.

If it's just between English clubs the possibly the charity shield should be included?

So you don't want the League Cup, but you do want the Charity Shield?

Transparent, derek.

Not at all. I never said that. I said if it's just English honours and we are adding a cup most others in Europe dont even have then maybe the charity shield should be included.

Not at all. I never said that. I said if it's just English honours and we are adding a cup most others in Europe dont even have then maybe the charity shield should be included.

Include or exclude what ever suits your agenda. The Lancashire Cup next?

Include or exclude what ever suits your agenda. The Lancashire Cup next?

Depends. Who won more county cups? :lol:

In all seriousness though. I put Liverpool in the same bracket as united in terms of size. I've never said otherwise. I do believe man u have a bigger all round package though.

I dont class either the league cup or the world club cup as a major. Maybe that's just my opinion.