Earliest date the league can be wrapped up?

Oso

Rangers are on 49 points with 20 games played out of 36.

Closest rivals are Queens park on 30 points after 18 played.

Assuming QP win both of their games in hand, they will be on 36 points, thus 13 points behind.

The way I see it, if both teams win all their games from now, if we even draw with QP at Hampden on 6th April, the league is won. Any points dropped by QP will obviously accelerate this. Maybe we could have a party at Hampden to celebrate the winning of the title.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming QP win both of their games in hand, they will be on 36 points, thus 13 points behind.

The way I see it, if both teams win all their games from now, if we even draw with QP at Hampden on 6th April, the league is won. Any points dropped by QP will obviously accelerate this. Maybe we could have a party at Hampden to celebrate the winning of the title.

Would be ironic if we did but at least most bears could go. Although QP will drop more points

I think we'll be setting a few more records in terms of how soon leagues are won. we got of to a shakey start this season but the next two will be even quicker than this one imo. n the way they're playing over at the mechano stadium we'll prob wrap up the spl in record time tae

If QP have accumulated 30 points after eighteen games it is reasonable to conclude they might accumulate 30 points in the next eighteen games. Either way No more than seventy points will be required to win the league. Seven wins.

I was trying to figure this out during the game too.

We could have it sorted in the first or second weekend in March (going with the seven wins theory).

But (and this may be unpopular) I reckon we may drop some point away from home again soon. I'm not overly confident about next weekend's trip to Peterhead - I just hope I'm wrong!

If QP have accumulated 30 points after eighteen games it is reasonable to conclude they might accumulate 30 points in the next eighteen games. Either way No more than seventy points will be required to win the league. Seven wins.

As the assurance and investment companies are so wont to tell us "past perfomance is no indicator of future results".

Note that I am working on the "ABSOLUTE" earliest time, if both teams win all their coming games. I will try to keep a track of this once I am in NZ and keep the counter going. Every point that QP drop will make it earlier.

I am in no doubt that we will lift the title earlier than the 6th of April but we just have to keep track of it.

As the assurance and investment companies are so wont to tell us "past perfomance is no indicator of future results".

Note that I am working on the "ABSOLUTE" earliest time, if both teams win all their coming games. I will try to keep a track of this once I am in NZ and keep the counter going. Every point that QP drop will make it earlier.

I am in no doubt that we will lift the title earlier than the 6th of April but we just have to keep track of it.

That's just a wee disclaimer. This is football not finance. Stand by original assessment, league will be won after another seven wins. Depends how quickly we achieve seven wins.

Are people actually going to celebrate winning the countries most minor honour? <cr>

I celebrate every tick in the win column.

And,after being forced to lose enough players to field 2 teams thus having to play babies against hammer-throwers,I will,most certainly enjoy a few shandies at the party that signals the start of our march back to our rightful position.

Are people actually going to celebrate winning the countries most minor honour? <cr>

we nearly folded we were cheated out of higher level football and cheated out of millions in transfer fees. we have a team with a fair few young raw talents. fucking right we'll celebrate it.

I celebrate every tick in the win column.

And,after being forced to lose enough players to field 2 teams thus having to play babies against hammer-throwers,I will,most certainly enjoy a few shandies at the party that signals the start of our march back to our rightful position.

Still going with this myth are we?

I think we'll be setting a few more records in terms of how soon leagues are won. we got of to a shakey start this season but the next two will be even quicker than this one imo. n the way they're playing over at the mechano stadium we'll prob wrap up the spl in record time tae

Sadly due to the form we started this season in, no thanks to the fuckers involved in the infamous five way agreement, if we win ALL of our remaining games we'll still be a point shy of Gretna's total of 98 points in the 2004-05 season.