Stadium Renaming

BearAbroad

Seeing activity on twitter that set to be announced that will sign deal with Sports Direct to call Ibrox "Sports Direct Ibrox Stadium" for 7.5m over 3 year deal. Have seen nothing official, but will have to wait and see if this is bullshit or not. If true, I personally would not be against it for that sort of cash. As long as ibrox is firmly kept in the name that is what it will always be called.

The only thing I've seen on this is someone on Twitter saying they overheard someone talking about it at the game yesterday. Until anything concrete happens, I'll file this in the same 'dubious' category as that claim a load of red and white seats had been delivered, a few months ago.

Hurts that soo many fans are willing to sell our tradition and history for money.

What's next? 'Sports direct 9iar team' 'Rangers Sports Direct Hall of Fame' As long as it brings in the money eh?

If this is true, Green has lost a season ticket holder.

it is nothing to do with history it's about moving the club forward in this modern era.

it is nothing to do with history it's about moving the club forward in this modern era.

Exactly. Can't think why any Bear would turn down a deal like that (£7million over 3 years) for sponsorship. Especially when Ibrox Stadium is still in there aswell.

Exactly. Can't think why any Bear would turn down a deal like that (£7million over 3 years) for sponsorship. Especially when Ibrox Stadium is still in there aswell.

he's doing a casey it seems, wont be back ;)

No to name changing.

other ways of making money.

Again we will be publicly ridiculed.

Where have you been? They do that anyway.

If they want to take the piss that we can generate more money than them that's fine with me. I give a fuck what they think and I'll :lol: as their clubs go under.