***The Official Peterhead v Rangers Thread***

simplythebest

That turned into a street fight from them. Got the 3 points, back to Ibrox 19 points clear.

Which we won.

I don't think the Rangers from the start of the season would have taken all 3 points today. It shows progression, and it shows that the players want to fight for the points. Which was seriously lacking in the first 5-10 games.

we are good going forward, mckay, mcleod, templeton, shiels when he is back. we are always going to create chances we just need an out and out forward who can make the runs and just tap the ball in the net.. boyd anyone? :P

Played football in flashes --- generally not great to watch.

Booted off the pitch --- which is perhaps why McKay was not risked till late in the game.

End of the day three points.

I'm convinced we could play like Barca, score 20 goals in each half and folks on here would still be moaning faced barstewards.

I know mate, i also missed the fans makin too much noise by banging on the advertising boards, singing a song that offends no one.... The list goes on. All in all a depressing side, christ i hate being a rangers fan

you'll need to add on temple tons pish and ally's hats are push and the managers dress sense is pish .....

.... oh and you might want to tell our good fks on RM that we won today!

another hard fought 3pts this can only be doing the youngsters good.ok it might be hard to watch but playing great football is not what div 3 is about its about getting the result.would be great to see as splaying 50/60 yard passes tearing teams apart with them but at this time its about getting the youngsters experience and them learning how to win and we are doing that

I know the usual comments will get rolled out...results all that matters, tough conditions, bad tackles etc....but that was another very poor and ultimately a boring performance!

It is so fucking obvious that if hegarty is playing at rb (through no fault of his) he won't give you much going forward so you can't play little there who always looks to cut in, giving us very little options on the right.

I wouldn't say any of the midfield 3 were that bad today but we can't play with all 3....Macleod is lost in that more advanced role and Sandaza was isolated..

I really am getting more and more concerned that there is no improvement! Defending looks amateur even at this level! Very poor and we need to start doing more...it may be a reduced quality to what we are used to but they still are on big wages and its not fair on the fans who pay their money to go and see them perform as poorly as we have done against part time players!

The positives - 3 points and Sandaza scoring

The rest of the game, horrible to watch as have most of our games this season been. I dont think we have got out of 3rd gear yet and I include games that we have hammered teams in amongst that. Another game the opposition has been down to 10 men and we haven't been able to exploit it. Ach well a wins a win

They've only conceded 7 goals all season 3 of which have come from us.

They're a tough team to open up at home.

Worth bringing this up again.

In 11 home games, Peterhead have only lost to Montrose, and now us

They've conceded only 8 goals at home, 3 of which have come from us.

Only one team has conceded fewer home goals - and that's us.

Does that put things into perspective any?

Got the points

But that was brutal, apart from sandaza getting a goal I don't see any positives out if that today. A few glimpses from tempelton, but apart from that we are totally pish. Can hardly make an accurate pass in the final third. Defence is still Shakey.

I know we are doing what we need to do in terms of winning these games, but the football is terrible and shows no signs of changing IMO

Tannadice is going to be an eye opener for some on here, and they won't like it

no they are still a bunch of plumbers and joiners being the best of a bad lot does not make them good.

No it doesn't mate...at that level they are a decent team who work hard and have a good home record...however we have the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland, are the only full time team in the league and result aside we should be producing more!

Which we won.

I don't think the Rangers from the start of the season would have taken all 3 points today. It shows progression, and it shows that the players want to fight for the points. Which was seriously lacking in the first 5-10 games.

Correct. We have shown significant progression as a side since the start of the season, and we'll continue to progress.

But, don't let that get in the way of a good moan gogzy. You should know that by now. ;)

Now excuse me the :beer1: is calling.

I really dont understand why McKay hasnt done enough to be a first pick on the team sheet, especially when the commentators saying black is still carrying an injury.

I always have problems with the 'burn out' excuse as well. What's the logic in it?

Deny your team a promising player in case he over does it and missing games due to too much exhertion.

But if you're not playing him, you're sort of 'self denying' his talents. Surely there's a 'wall' any young, inexperienced player must find in order to improve, so just play him.

Crazy!!!