***The Official Peterhead v Rangers Thread***

simplythebest

If playing poorly gets you 19 points clear at the halfway mark, I'll take it every day.

But that's the problem mate...we as rangers fans have it ingrained in us that winning is all that matters. Now this is important and in the top flight it is why we have won as much as we have in our history.

However...we are playing in the 4th tier with a young squad...this is a chance to develop a way of playing expressive football in an environment where we don't have the pressure of competing with Celtic! Instead we seem stuck in this grind it out mentality...this means instead of bringing through our own players and enhancing their level of performance...we will need to spend big money again to compete with Celtic which shouldn't be needed!

are you being serious?

Do you not think there is a reason they are part time? I will answer that for you because they aren't good enough to play full time football in higher leagues

Perfectly serious. Again it's been well documented that many of them stay part time because they earn far more in their day job than they would earn playing full time even in a higher division.

Footballers who train and play football all day as their job are going to be better than people who do it as a hobby on the side of going to work.

Again, not necessarily true. You can't polish a turd, but you can have a diamond in the rough.

Disrespectful?

It's the truth though very few of them are full time players in this league so tell me how it's wrong? The Scottish League is one of the worst in Europe and we are in the bottom tier of it ffs! we are Rangers a huge club who gets over 45 thousand people turning up every other week we should be hammering teams like this I have played 5 asides with some of these bloody players. Rangers should be aiming for the top and expecting to beat teams like this. Do you think Juventus were happy content with scraping by when they got put in the lower Italian leagues or did they act like a big club and have big expectations?

Got to agree with you bud. It saddens me just how much some of our fans are willing to accept the dross that's on display from us at times. Yes we've had to cut back, yes we lost nearly a whole squad of players but those that have been bought in are more than capable at this level. Sandaza. Black, Shiels, Temps were all playing in the SPL last season and amongst the top players in that league, so why now do they look inept at times against a bunch of journeymen and never will be's? Smith the Peterhead goalie now works the early shift at Tesco's ffs, we should be hammering these teams and that may be arrogance because "we are Rangers" but it's the truth. We have had some dire results this season and I would have accepted that had we had a team made up only of young lads, but it's not, we have a blend of youth and experience and so far this season despite being miles ahead in the league it's been a disappointment where (most) performances are concerned

Theres atleast 25 european leagues worse than the scottish league mate, so one of the worst? Hmmmmmmmm

Aye if you included all the little tiny countries with hardly any people in them.

The following leagues are rated higher than the Scottish League.

Sweden, Croatia, Belarus, Poland, Romania, Czech Republic, Israel, Denmark, Switzerland, Cyprus

The Scottish leagues are fucking dross.

We don't have a God given right to walk these games,it's 11 v 11 on the day.Every game to the 'wee' clubs in still like a cup final.I thought our MF and defence did well today but our lack of killer instinct in front of goal let us down.We won't be arguing if we'd won 4/5 nil but 1 nil is still only 3 pts.No doubt Black will be the target today again,will many just close their eyes to the good work he does?Can understand Alley 'protecting' the young lads in some of these games,especially young MacKay,as some of these defenders will kick lumps out of him,simply because they can't deal with his ability.A wins a win,onward and upward 'GERS.

But that's the problem mate...we as rangers fans have it ingrained in us that winning is all that matters. Now this is important and in the top flight it is why we have won as much as we have in our history.

You may have, and others may have. I have it ingrained in me that watching the Rangers is all that matters. We will lose games, we will play shit sometimes. That doesn't matter, as long as The Rangers are playing.

The same people moaning about ally no giving him enough game time would be moaning about ally if he did give him more and he got injured

true bud so true, not all but some, you just need to read the first five or six pages in the match thread and you can clearly see who is here to troll and who has genuine concerns.

However...we are playing in the 4th tier with a young squad...this is a chance to develop a way of playing expressive football in an environment where we don't have the pressure of competing with Celtic! Instead we seem stuck in this grind it out mentality...this means instead of bringing through our own players and enhancing their level of performance...we will need to spend big money again to compete with Celtic which shouldn't be needed!

Terrible isn't it?

It's only got us to 54 league championships, 115 trophies, 7 trebles, 9 in a row, 4 European finals...

Disrespectful?

It's the truth though very few of them are full time players in this league so tell me how it's wrong? The Scottish League is one of the worst in Europe and we are in the bottom tier of it ffs! we are Rangers a huge club who gets over 45 thousand people turning up every other week we should be hammering teams like this I have played 5 asides with some of these bloody players. Rangers should be aiming for the top and expecting to beat teams like this. Do you think Juventus were happy content with scraping by when they got put in the lower Italian leagues or did they act like a big club and have big expectations?

This.

It may be 11 vs 11 but we're far superior in every department and should be brushing these teams aside. The football is absolutely horrifying to watch as well which doesn't make it easier.

are you being serious?

Do you not think there is a reason they are part time? I will answer that for you because they aren't good enough to play full time football in higher leagues, how you can seriously compare this to part time workers in the real world I don't know. Footballers who train and play football all day as their job are going to be better than people who do it as a hobby on the side of going to work.

Do you mean like the number of spl loanees we've played against in the SFL? Or the ones who have played at high levels and find themselves struggling to find a club? Just look at Graeme Smith. on the bench in a UEFA Cup final not that long ago, currently part time in sfl3.

You may have, and others may have. I have it ingrained in me that watching the Rangers is all that matters. We will lose games, we will play shit sometimes. That doesn't matter, as long as The Rangers are playing.

Surely though you want to watch the best rangers you can...weather that means great international players, loyal hard workers or good football! Rangers are the club we are because of expectation levels...now everyone has different views...I will go to Ibrox every season and enjoy the match day experience as always but I also want to enjoy what I'm watching and see my club be the best it can be but today, like alot of the games this season it hasn't been enjoyable to watch.

Terrible isn't it?

It's only got us to 54 league championships, 115 trophies, 7 trebles, 9 in a row, 4 European finals...

I don't need a history lesson mate....we aren't competing at that level at the moment though so our expectations and targets should change to suit!

Surely though you want to watch the best rangers you can...weather that means great international players, loyal hard workers or good football! Rangers are the club we are because of expectation levels...now everyone has different views...I will go to Ibrox every season and enjoy the match day experience as always but I also want to enjoy what I'm watching and see my club be the best it can be but today, like alot of the games this season it hasn't been enjoyable to watch.

Show me a game in Scotland this weekend that was more enjoyable to watch.