Man to stand trial for 'racially abusing Rangers players' on Twitter

Mark Walters

As I understand it Parick (at least in the past) was more staunchly blue than Govan

I believe you're right Thermo, although when I was growing up in Govan there was no doubt it was still a Rangers area - it could never be anything else given we had the honour of the Rangers' home being situated on the doorstep. The Walk was always a big day and the crowds lining the streets were thousands strong.

In saying that there always was a vociferous tarrier presence around as well, and as the area has declined it follows that they increase in numbers so these days maybe the balance has swung their way - I'm very seldom back so I can't comment with any authority.

Also when the teuchters came to Glasgow from the Western Isles, most of the Presbyterians from Lewis, Harris and North Uist settled in Partick while the beadrattlers from Barra and South Uist ended up in Govan.

http://local.stv.tv/...nd-maurice-edu/

A man is to stand trial accused of racially abusing two former Rangers players on Twitter.

Michael Convery, 41, from Govan, Glasgow, is accused of making racist remarks which caused or were intended to cause alarm and distress.

The alleged comments were made to Swansea player Kyle Bartley and Bursapor midfielder Maurice Edu on January 14, 2012.

Both players were with Rangers at the time of the alleged incident.

Convery denied the charges when he appeared at Glasgow Sheriff Court on Wednesday.

A trial date has been set for later this year.

No mention of what team this alleged racist supports.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Michael%20Convery%2C%20govan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

^^ google search for him, almost certainly a taig.

Away you go ya maddy. There are tonnes of them in Govan.

Its always been the case My family still live there and its always had a lot of scum supporters living there.

More tims in Govan than you might think mate.

Loads of them ,its been that way as long as i can remember and i still have family living there at the moment.

Remember a few seasons back you had to watch if you ended up on your own coming from games as the Young Team were jumping Rangers supporters.

No matter what the tottie blawers are accused of they always plead not guilty when found out

This is the '' lennon Defence '' when the pikey ginger twat was accused last year of abusing opposing fans on twitter he simply lied that it must have been someone else that was messing about with his phone at the time when the offending remarks were tweeted.

Thus we have this rattler of the rosary following his dentally challenged mentors example --in other words like---It wisnae me yer honour.

Like wise Andy Goram gets disgustingly abused in a Peterhead bookies by another of the fish on Friday mob and pleads not guily--his defence --no one can prove that the sound on the you tube video that this cretin posted on you tube ( What a brainless twat )was not added in at a separate time from the visual aspect.

Encouraging all the same that an increasing number of these genetically defective bead rattlers are being outed.

The more the merrier.

Like wise Andy Goram gets disgustingly abused in a Peterhead bookies by another of the no fish on Friday mob and pleads not guily--his defence --no one can prove that the sound on the you tube video that this cretin posted on you tube ( What a brainless twat )was not added in at a separate time from the visual aspect.

Aye, no-one except Andy Goram and all the other folk that were there... d'oh the wee thicko didn't think of that. In any event he's also been charged with offences in relation to the uploading of the video but i'm sure the Lennon defence will creep in there, "It wisnae me, a bigger boy did it"

:huh:

Been loaned out.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/17/3678705/-

Always had a soft spot for Mo, doesn't look happy holding that bursaspor scarf.

Maybe somebody has just told him how the Turks treat black people.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire for mo there regarding racism !

Also when the teuchters came to Glasgow from the Western Isles, most of the Presbyterians from Lewis, Harris and North Uist settled in Partick while the beadrattlers from Barra and South Uist ended up in Govan.

This is generally true, although there are plenty of exceptions. My grandparents were from Lewis but stayed in Govan, as did quite a few other folk I know of.

I believe you're right Thermo, although when I was growing up in Govan there was no doubt it was still a Rangers area - it could never be anything else given we had the honour of the Rangers' home being situated on the doorstep. The Walk was always a big day and the crowds lining the streets were thousands strong.

In saying that there always was a vociferous tarrier presence around as well, and as the area has declined it follows that they increase in numbers so these days maybe the balance has swung their way - I'm very seldom back so I can't comment with any authority.

There must have been a big old firm style gulf between north and south Uist :pipe:

Its about time the media highlighted the fact that racism is a far bigger problem than sectarianism. 4500 racist crimes compared with around 800 sectarian. The black and asian population of this country is tiny, making it even worse. Best little racist country in europe.

Aye but its hidden because Scots are a welcoming all inclusive people. Aye that will be right.

Wee Fat Alex knows the issue of racial abuse in Scotland exists but prefers to dance around the topic and deflect attention to sectarianism.

The number of racist incidents recorded by the police in Scotland has increased by 10%, official statistics have revealed.

The figure stands at 5,389 for 2011/12, compared with 4,911 in 2010/11. Scotland's Minister for Community Safety, Roseanna (i'm a fenian bitch) Cunningham, said she was "very disappointed" with the rise.

In the five years before 2011, annually there were between 600 and 700 charges of an offence aggravated by religious prejudice in Scotland.

Scotland where its illegal to abuse someone because of their religion but tolerable to abuse a person because of their colour.