ibrox set to be the biggest stadium in scotland

rangersxfc

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I love Charles, and perhaps this article is making a mountain from a small comment, but I think he needs to start keeping his own counsel on some of these things.

We are getting alot of conflicting reports on shirt deals, stadium renaming, reconstruction etc and it might be time just to sit back and get these issues sorted before talking about things like capacity increase, which is clearly something that is 5 - 10 years away judging by his comments

one thing I've learned is to only trust statements from the official club website. Charles in no way say it was a certainty, it was said just incase there is a higher demand for season tickets year on year,

Everyone wants a season ticket, but not all can afford one especially when we end up champions of Scotland and in Europe again. I dont think stadium expansion will ever be needed, the top tiers would only be full 2-3 times per season

Well Murray spun this yarn for a decade and I cant see it changing any time soon or even in the next 10 years.

We only sold out on a few occasions when we were in the top flight so I can't see how that will change now especially when the ticket prices return to the normal rate.

Do we really need to spend millions on a increased capacity that would only really be full a hand full of times during a season?

These stories being "released" every single day are getting boring. I wish we'd just announce things when they are actually happening, all this crap does is gives more ammo to our detractors.

We know the stadium won't be expanded, there's no necessity for it. Concentrate on more important things.

*Puts hand up*

Very possible,all you have to do is have more outgoings than you have income.

If we're operating at a loss with season ticket sales more than double our playing squads out goings,how can we ever improve the squad?

Something is seriously fucked up if we're operating at a loss.

What the fuck have we spent upwards of £8m on?

When CG says he has chatted with Ally over this, I picture the conversation of ..

CG .. "Do you think we should get more seats in if we make the champions league?"

AMc ... "Possibly, longt time to go yet though"

CG ... Yeah, see you later !!

We are getting crowds of 45,000+ against the likes of Peterhead and Stirling Albion. How many would come watch a game against Barcelona or Man Utd?

Remember aswell that the 45,000 is practically all Rangers fans, there is minimal away fans. I'd love a bigger Ibrox, it deserves to be bigger and we deserve it to be bigger. Future project though.

People saying CG shouldn't talk about it? Give it a break.

Stadium expansions are great business investments.

Even if it costs a few million, an increased attendance of 15k at £30 quid a ticket for 5 games (2 vs scum and 3 in CL) in an increased ticket taking of well over £2m a season. It pays for itself in no time.

Not to mention the fact that t would mean Ibrox was worth more money, so would increase the value of our assets.

I think there is scope to increase the capacity but the reality is as we move up costs will increase as well and that might price some families out of it in this financial climate.

I would like any increase to incorporate standing areas that are cheaper like in Germany and make it as accessible as possible for all fans.

Would prefer a retractable roof which could generate income as multi function venue

If there is going to be a massive capital spend within the next decade to increase the capacity then I totally agree that it's got to be bigger than the piggery and also have a retractable roof and pitch for concerts/events all throughout the year.

The income generated over the years would surely pay some of the initial spend.

Maybe just dreaming but surely it's viable.

I think this is largely due to the whole "no redundancy" situation...other than first team squad, we are effectively running as an SPL club, with less money coming in the door.

Having said that, i do not think it takes into consideration the share issue

I really do hope you are right on that last point!

At the moment- We need to be sure we can keep on filling what we've got as we endeavour to play our way back up through the divisions- whilst dealing with the uncertainty of league reconstruction, allowing for a decline in novelty factor, possible increased costs of ticket prices as we rise through the leagues, and maintaining a footballing spectacle which is attractive to the spectator (not always possible in the lower divisions- it would appear). All this and whilst maintaining a sensible financial operating position.

So yes a possibility for the future, but hardly a priority.

At the moment- We need to be sure we can keep on filling what we've got as we endeavour to play our way back up through the divisions- whilst dealing with the uncertainty of league reconstruction, allowing for a decline in novelty factor, possible increased costs of ticket prices as we rise through the leagues, and maintaining a footballing spectacle which is attractive to the spectator (not always possible in the lower divisions- it would appear). All this and whilst maintaining a sensible financial operating position.

So yes a possibility for the future, but hardly a priority.

Joke stuff coming out with crap like this at this time .

Murray used to have a new one every year and look how that went ...........

Please actually read the statement before you spout pish...

At present, the 51,082 seats inside the ground are serving supporters well, with a number of games there close to selling out completely this season.

Demand to see Rangers in action is high despite the club’s move from the SPL to the Third Division over the summer as fans continue to give phenomenal backing to the team.

Green expects that hunger to increase as the Light Blues move through the leagues and hopefully take their place back at the top of the Scottish game and in European competition.

There are no concrete plans in place to develop Ibrox further at present but the chief executive has ideas of how it could be enhanced.

And he said: “It’s for further down the line but it’s a discussion I’ve had with Ally. He knows this club significantly better than I do.

“He said: ‘Look Charles, if you can achieve your dream and consistently deliver Champions League football and get into the last 16, this stadium is not big enough’.