***Official EL Classico Match Thread Spanish Cup***

Columbo

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to really enjoy watching Barcelona play, especially under Guardiola a couple years ago.

They are just pish to watch these days. And once again Messi hasn't turned up. Preferred him when he was younger, when he'd come in off the right wing . He might be more productive now, but he's about half as enjoyable to watch.

No width, Cesc and Iniesta can't play together, nowhere near as much creativity and no-ones willing to go in behind the defence. Villa or Tello needed to start, the Milan and Granada games showed that this would be likely.

Real were really good though. Ronaldo was a beast and Raphael Varane is absolutely outstanding.

:lol: :lol:

Excellent result.

Barcelona are horrendous at the moment, and where was Messi ? It seemed like he was only out there for a bit of exercise tonight, and that isn't the first time this season.

Madrid were excellent and thoroughly deserved their win, Ronaldo seemed to have as much energy in the last minute as he did in the first.

Two shots on target all night and no Plan B.

Gerry Armstrong was trying to claim it would have been different had they had Tito there, but I don't see it myself. Even before his illness they had no plan b.

In many ways their plan A was so perfect for so long it didn't seem like they really needed a plan b, but now they're getting caught out and have no answer.

I don't think not having a plan B is necessarily what's wrong, it's just they're not using their plan A well at all. Barcelona are at their best when they have width and pace and they had neither tonight.

To be fair, GM, have never seen this team with width since Villa got his injury and even then it was down one side.

You're correct, they don't need a Plan B, their A game is still the best in the world but maybe the players are getting a bit bored with each other?

To be fair, GM, have never seen this team with width since Villa got his injury and even then it was down one side.

You're correct, they don't need a Plan B, their A game is still the best in the world but maybe the players are getting a bit bored with each other?

But Alves was rampaging down the right hand side when Messi cut inside and they had someone on the left to balance the play. I think Alves got forward a few times tonight but he's been almost like a winger for him.

I just think they're trying to fit Cesc and Iniesta into the same team and position and it's having a really negative impact on them, and they're so reliant on Messi. When he's not at his best, as was the case tonight and in Milan, they don't have much anymore.

I think too much has happened for everyone to forgive and forget but they're all trying to unite for now to win what they can. I reckon he'll be away in the summer.

I think it's Madrid's loss if so especially considering they have him on a long contract, no doubt he has fucked up La Liga this year, they may not get past Man Utd and some of the publicity he's brought isn't so good. But tonight showed what can be done under his management and Barcelona aren't exactly going from strength to strength, I don't see who better they can bring in.

Brilliant result for Madrid who set themselves up fantastically.

Defending was brilliant, Varane looks a great player in the making. In attack for Madrid Ozil and Ronaldo were supreme. I expected more from Di Maria but Alba who was Barca's best player on the night dealt with him well.

Credit to Ronaldo totally outshone Messi tonight who has been posted missing in Barca's last two big games (AC and tonight).

Big victory for Mourinho and Madrid now the next big test is Old Trafford as to win only the Copa Del Rey would be a bit underwhelming considering the record breaking title victory they achieved last year (tu)