***The Official Dundee United v Rangers Thread***

wearethepeople1

Ross perry should be nowhere near any football team. Never mind rangers!

He is brutal...many of us have being saying it all season but we are "negative", "disloyal" etc...not only is he a poor excuse of a player he showed today a lack of bottle...he chucked that today guaranteed.

We all knew defensively it would be a struggle but you can't legislate for conceding 2 goals as bad as that! Little on the right is not working (again)....I can't see us getting anything now but just want to see some character in the 2nd half...must get McKay on!

This was always on he cards.

Our back line is fucking terrible, one defender that's all we have the rest are simply pish.

You can't progress as a team when your back line is as fragile and poor as ours is.

Yes there is a transfer embargo but we knew this and brought in Black, Templeton, Sandaza, Kyle, Sheils ect while the back line got neglected.

This was always on he cards.

Our back line is fucking terrible, one defender that's all we have the rest are simply pish.

You can't progress as a team when your back line is as fragile and poor as ours is.

Yes there is a transfer embargo but we knew this and brought in Black, Templeton, Sandaza, Kyle, Sheils ect while the back line got neglected.

The Midfield has been just as bad as the defence

I would hazard a guess that players like Perry etc don't realise that they are so woeful and lack fight because they lead such pampered and privilidged lives.

Taking ablity to one side, the cruncher for me is the lack of fight and urgency displayed by players of that ilk.

I can't see any change making a real difference. We seem to be lacking direction and I don't see a personnel change changing that. I hope I'm wrong and Ally is able to put some fire in their bellies with his ht talk because at the moment there is nothing more than an ember there.

Honestly, we knew there was going to be some pain before the golden days return. DU always seem to be a bogey team for us in cup competitions anyway, and considering our recent form I can't say I'm too surprised at how this is going so far. Hopefully we can at least pick our heads up and make a game of it in the second half.

If i am honest i didnt think we would win, but i just wanted the boys to try their best that is all you can ask of anyone. The early goal was a real confidence killer, couldnt believe it. However they are trying, Dundee however in all honesty are all also giving it everything, their players are all shattered running, russell and smith, bright red faces. I think the problem is, the ref is an absolute joke, as im sure we all expected, constantly poor tackles on us ignored, even at one point commentator said "...oh another warning...for Dundee..." but our boys are getting booked for the slightest of touches.

SO many people are forgetting this isnt SPL Rangers against Dundee, this is our youngsters doing their best against a team who did beat our old squad many times. If I am really honest, I never noticed how quick Russell is, he is off like a shot, with Tempelton lagging way behind in his attempts to catch him.

I dont really care about the cup, i dont really want to play Celtic, so if we lose we lose, but I really dont want us to get humilated that wont be good for anyone at the club, perhaps we should concentrate a bit more on defending, if we get a goal great. I really care about the team, and is so upsetting to watch us get beaten and sickens me to see full staduim of Dundee fans screaming abuse (where did they come from?) Next week the place will be deserted back to normal. Also i am very annoyed with the Rangers fans who have gone after being told not to. I just want the boys to come home and we will continue on our journey, we were a whole new team and they are trying their best. I will be there for them no matter what. :7325:

The buck stops at the manager unfortunately. This isn't a surprising result so far, we've been conceding in the third division and we'll concede against better opposition every single game.

There's no more room for sentiment, we need to move on and move upwards with a fresh start. Green has to prove his strength and do the dirty work here.

Sorry Coisty, the jig's up big man.

Agreed. Look at the teams who have come to Ibrox filled with joiners and electricians who have been able to press us all match and even score. Being a 'Division 3' side is simply not a good enough excuse for this shambolic display.

McCoist has had his chance to prove himself, but enough is enough. I wish it wasn't the case but he simply is not good enough.