Starting to get pissed off at how bad we are.

Dennis

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did finish the stronger team. They hit us with an inevitable sucker punch because we were throwing everything at them, thus leaving ourselves open at the back. Someone said earlier that perhaps we should have sat in to defend our lead.

Also, it was obvious to me that we weren't going to score a 2nd. Not only because we weren't good enough, but mainly because there was just no way through such a packed defence.

I cannot agree that we finished the stronger team just like against Berwick, Elgin and Peterhead when all of these teams looked the full time set up and we looked the knackered part timers ; Templeton,for example struggled badly in the 20 minutes culminating in the lazy tired way he gave the ball away, Sheils was falling over himself most of the second half before he trudged off.

I would say that before the turn of the year we won most of our games because we over powered teams after 60 minutes when they very visibly tired and our superior fitness saved game s or won games so I do not know what has changed to make us look like 90 minutes is too long; training,virus effects or just not being able to raise tempo from the ambling pace which the team prefers to play at from the start?

I cannot agree that we finished the stronger team just like against Berwick, Elgin and Peterhead when all of these teams looked the full time set up and we looked the knackered part timers ; Templeton,for example struggled badly in the 20 minutes culminating in the lazy tired way he gave the ball away, Sheils was falling over himself most of the second half before he trudged off.

I would say that before the turn of the year we won most of our games because we over powered teams after 60 minutes when they very visibly tired and our superior fitness saved game s or won games so I do not know what has changed to make us look like 90 minutes is too long; training,virus effects or just not being able to raise tempo from the ambling pace which the team prefers to play at from the start?

That's a good point, but still most of the game was spent in their half, and they only occasionally got a chance to get anywhere near our 18 yard line.

CD myself today and it was dire stuff, in fact the 20 odd strong group of us were pretty much in agreement that the game was very poor.

Judging by the talk coming out and in the boozer we were not alone in that.

FFS el carpintero, now you...

They'll let any old riff-raff in the Club Deck these days. :(

You mean you didn't have a slanted view :rolleyes:

I've been going to Ibrox for more years than I care to admit and I have been dotted all over the great lady but I can't really say the game looks that much different when seated elsewhere tbh.

The nephew is at the other end of the ground so I'll see him tomorrow no doubt and ask his opinion although the text I got this evening from him pretty much tells me it ain't too diff from myself :lol:

We did finish the stronger team. They hit us with an inevitable sucker punch because we were throwing everything at them, thus leaving ourselves open at the back. Someone said earlier that perhaps we should have sat in to defend our lead.

Also, it was obvious to me that we weren't going to score a 2nd. Not only because we weren't good enough, but mainly because there was just no way through such a packed defence.

The defence was packed because our style of play is so ponderous & predictable that their guys had time to get back into positions to block us out.

That is exactly where the sustained pace and sharpness that our full time status should give us should show through - but it isn't happening.

You mean you didn't have a slanted view :rolleyes:

I've been going to Ibrox for more years than I care to admit and I have been dotted all over the great lady but I can't really say the game looks that much different when seated elsewhere tbh.

The nephew is at the other end of the ground so I'll see him tomorrow no doubt and ask his opinion although the text I got this evening from him pretty much tells me it ain't too diff from myself :lol:

Exactly, I'm beginning to think that govanblue is Ally McCoist because he's coming out with ever more outlandish excuses for the performance :rolleyes:

The defence was packed because our style of play is so ponderous & predictable that their guys had time to get back into positions to block us out.

That is exactly where the sustained pace and sharpness that our full time status should give us should show through - but it isn't happening.

I agree.

Losing MacLeod was the defining moment.

Temps and Shiels were lousy, when in the past, they've been sporadically brilliant.

McKay was brought on too late, and in the wrong position

Sandaza's got a monkey on his back.

I'm aware we have problems, but we're still 'romping' the league, and that's all I need this season.

That's a good point, but still most of the game was spent in their half, and they only occasionally got a chance to get anywhere near our 18 yard line.

Think they got forward quite a bit before they scored - they must've sensed a chance with 10 mins left & still just one in arrears.

I did think we responded well though, with some real sustained pressure for what was left of the game - just left ourselves too little time to get ahead again.

Exactly, I'm beginning to think that govanblue is Ally McCoist because he's coming out with ever more outlandish excuses for the performance :rolleyes:

If only I were Ally. I'd be able to implement some of the sensible stuff from here :(

Anyway, hopefully Jig will be back soon, I wonder if that will make a difference.

Ally had the 2010-11 SPL Championship Title Winning Team and we where dire too .

Malmo, Marribor and I know we went into Admin but we where very Poor prior too all of that too .

I am struggling to see the Positives in our Play , and we have Struggled since we started this Div 3 campaign . The Coaching and Tactical awareness just seems to not be there , as our Performances have been Dire to say the Least .

I just don't know if Ally will make it , but no matter what I will be there supporting the Team.

Something has to change Quick. The Cup Game will tell us a lot about where we are .

I know we are Top of Div 3 , but we have some Big Money Players and we should be Top of any SFL Div with them.

But our Style and performances have been Poor.

Well said. It pains me and I'm sure everybody else but I just don't think he's got it as a manager.

Think they got forward quite a bit before they scored - they must've sensed a chance with 10 mins left & still just one in arrears.

I did think we responded well though, with some real sustained pressure for what was left of the game - just left ourselves too little time to get ahead again.

Oh and we hit the post twice.

So as usual, an inch or two either way, and we'd be singing a different tune tonight.

It's a funny old game.

Gnite all. Don't sack the manager while I'm gone please!

We are in a situation (Through No fault of our own) that we have been put into by those who hate us.

This situation is that we Cannot buy any players to improve our team, which Yes needs improving.

We were given next to no time to get a team together at the start of the season and those that have stayed and turned out should be applauded in what has been the most difficult time in the Club's near 141 year old history.

Those Players may not be the Best in the World , but they are the best in my eyes at the moment as they have given commitment to the Jersey every week!

We know as do many of those heroes that turn out for us every week that we are far from the finished article and to be honest apart from Templeton and Wallace (Perhaps Alexander) This squad is good enough to win Div 3 and perhaps 2 but then we would really struggle and new blood has to be brought in before that and thankfully the illegal embargo will be gone by that stage.

The Players and Management have a job to do as have the Support. The players and Management's Job this season is to win the League! Ours is to support them in every way we can to do this. And to be blunt Both Team and Support have stepped up to the Mark.

Today my mate and I said before the game Someone is going to get a real doing off us with the chances we create and we decided to count them this week.

We Counted 15 reasonable Goal Scoring chances ,with 8 which we would class as 'Sitters' (Credit where due tho Montrose did block well and their Keeper made some outstanding saves)

So we are by no means Great but we are not a million miles away either........Lets Just win Div 3 and then look at our options after that!

Today showed to me the Unity that the club has developed like no other time that I have ever known by the One Minutes Silence in Respect of a lost Bear.

Thats what makes Us Special. The Team, The Management and The Support, No Matter what the situation is, must Stick together.

So lets Win the league this season then step up and play from there!

WATP!

I agree.

Losing MacLeod was the defining moment.

Temps and Shiels were lousy, when in the past, they've been sporadically brilliant.

McKay was brought on too late, and in the wrong position

Sandaza's got a monkey on his back.

I'm aware we have problems, but we're still 'romping' the league, and that's all I need this season.

And I'll go with you on all these points.

My main disappointment is that we had a great spell for a month or so towards the middle of December, where it looked as if the gelling/development we were hoping for was beginning to kick in - ever since we've been going backwards, it would appear.

So as usual, an inch or two either way, and we'd be singing a different tune tonight.

It's a funny old game.

however, hasn't ally been saying its all about the result? he cant have it both ways.

We are in a situation (Through No fault of our own) that we have been put into by those who hate us.

This situation is that we Cannot buy any players to improve our team, which Yes needs improving.

We were given next to no time to get a team together at the start of the season and those that have stayed and turned out should be applauded in what has been the most difficult time in the Club's near 141 year old history.

Those Players may not be the Best in the World , but they are the best in my eyes at the moment as they have given commitment to the Jersey every week!

We know as do many of those heroes that turn out for us every week that we are far from the finished article and to be honest apart from Templeton and Wallace (Perhaps Alexander) This squad is good enough to win Div 3 and perhaps 2 but then we would really struggle and new blood has to be brought in before that and thankfully the illegal embargo will be gone by that stage.

The Players and Management have a job to do as have the Support. The players and Management's Job this season is to win the League! Ours is to support them in every way we can to do this. And to be blunt Both Team and Support have stepped up to the Mark.

Today my mate and I said before the game Someone is going to get a real doing off us with the chances we create and we decided to count them this week.

We Counted 15 reasonable Goal Scoring chances ,with 8 which we would class as 'Sitters' (Credit where due tho Montrose did block well and their Keeper made some outstanding saves)

So we are by no means Great but we are not a million miles away either........Lets Just win Div 3 and then look at our options after that!

Today showed to me the Unity that the club has developed like no other time that I have ever known by the One Minutes Silence in Respect of a lost Bear.

Thats what makes Us Special. The Team, The Management and The Support, No Matter what the situation is, must Stick together.

So lets Win the league this season then step up and play from there!

WATP!

I almost didn't buy shares at the thought of Ally getting some of the money to sign players :anguish:

And I'll go with you on all these points.

My main disappointment is that we had a great spell for a month or so towards the middle of December, where it looked as if the gelling/development we were hoping for was beginning to kick in - ever since we've been going backwards, it would appear.

Can't disagree with that - some great football at times, and it hurts me to see that we've lost it (for the moment)

But don't worry, next Saturday, we'll have a smile on our faces again :21:

It's a funny old game.

Agreed - it was 1-1 going on 10-1!

But that's where the extra sharpness we should have should enable us to be a bit more clinical!

Night!