• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lifted from the blog of "the manthebeastscanttame"

To: jimmurphymp@parliament.uk

The Rt Hon Jim Murphy MP

Sir,

I wish to draw your attention to the appearance of some members of the British Armed Forces at Ibrox Park on Remembrance Sunday. I assume that you are unaware of the appearance of said troops and the disgusting way that they were manipulated and turned a solemn occasion into a farce and a circus.

I was disgusted at the way these troops paraded themselves waving Rangers scarves and flags as well as seeing one particular individual adorn himself in an Ulster flag and dancing in front of a cheering and baying support.

This is no way for anyone, let alone uniformed British troops, to act on a day when we, as a Nation are engaged in honouring our fallen from numerous military campaigns, including the conflict in Ulster itself. This despicable escapade shows utter disrespect and a total disregard for the sacrifices made by millions of British men and women in protecting this Nation.

I would like to ask you to enquire into the reasons that this circus was allowed to occur as it casts shame on every single individual who took part in this pantomime. The image of British Uniformed Troops dancing and prancing under banners of orange coloured poppy’s, waving Rangers scarves and playing to an overtly sectarian audience makes me feel sick, especially when you consider the connotations for the minority ethnic population of Ulster.

On a personal note Jim, this was absolutely disgusting and if you haven’t seen it, have a look on you tube and you will understand the outrage that I and many, many others feel at this escapade. Someone was responsible for allowing this to happen and I am contacting you as both the Shadow Sec of Def, but also as a person that I know will not stand for instances of troops being manipulated in such a shocking and ugly manner.

I look forward to hearing you ask a question of your opposite number in the House as to why this was allowed to happen as well as who authorised it. It was a disgrace Jim, an utterly disgusting display that must never be allowed to happen again. I greatly anticipate your reply.

Finally, Its a pity that I have to contact you over a matter such as this, but it would be good to catch up sometime.

Your friend

That goodness for that. These displays are rather embarrassing and lack sincerity. The aim of them is simply to antagonize taigs rather than remember old soldiers.

You are making serious allegations in respect of the integrity and motivation of our club.

Would you care to substantiate them.

The only way to counter this is to make next year even bigger.

I watched how West Ham did it this year with a guard of honour the ball being brought on by a soldier.

We should have this and have the track side surrounded in troops.

As for the half time bit while it does pain me we may have to give this up on that day.

These guys are either just back or just about to head for the middle east and some may not return.

Some of our fellow country men would deny them this day out.... well fine we do it on another day... we make it bigger invite 1000 current and past service men.

This has Kearney written all over it so the only defence is attack.

Lets make no mistake this would never happen in any other part of the UK

Next year lets make it bigger and better.

Nothing to do with Scotland or any Army Scotland.

It was a decision made by the British Army, RAF and Navy top brass.

Havent I explained this to you properly.

This desicion has not come from someone sitting in an Office in England.

Army Scotland Div is a bit like A Region .

The desicion has neen made by the GOC of the Scottiah Div HQ thats where they make all the Administrative desicions on matters such as these.

Tha Army GOC will also be able to make the desicion with regards to the RAF, and the Navy here in Scotland.

He has overall say in any of these Admin matters on top of Deployment issues .In Scotland.

This topic will not be a big enough issue to come under UK Command ,which HQ are in England.

This is a Scottish Divisional Army issue taken by the General who is in charge sitting at the Castle in Edinburgh.

The UK Div which is in England, would only involve themselves if it was an issue of National Security.

IE simmilar to the Glasgow Airport Attack.

This is low level shit for the Army, who would also liase with The Navy Cdr ,and the RAF chief of Staff.

Everything concerned with this issue would go through the GOC at Edinburgh.

I cant realy explain this any more to you.

There is an Echelon of Command which would be adheard to.

Sorry if this doesnt help you.

Its all abput Scotish Divisional HQ Edinburgh.

Not England.

Hope that helps.

Army Scotland is only a Military terminoligy used to describe The Brittish Army in Scotland thats 2 Div.

It doesnt mean its a Scottish Army.

He is the Man up here who makes the desicions .

The only way to counter this is to make next year even bigger.

I watched how West Ham did it this year with a guard of honour the ball being brought on by a soldier.

We should have this and have the track side surrounded in troops.

As for the half time bit while it does pain me we may have to give this up on that day.

These guys are either just back or just about to head for the middle east and some may not return.

Some of our fellow country men would deny them this day out.... well fine we do it on another day... we make it bigger invite 1000 current and past service men.

This has Kearney written all over it so the only defence is attack.

Lets make no mistake this would never happen in any other part of the UK

Next year lets make it bigger and better.

You are correct Band T it would not happen in any other Divisional Region which covers my explanation of the Scottish Divisional HQ thing above.

This has been made a Political and Social Religous Scottish thing and would only be allowed in Scotland.

Wonder why? We the people in Scotland are Tollerating this crap ,and this Commander in charge has been made a political Pawn.

Only in Scotland is that allowed.

Dosgusting if you ask me.

That goodness for that. These displays are rather embarrassing and lack sincerity. The aim of them is simply to antagonize taigs rather than remember old soldiers.

This comment has been brought to my attention by another poster. I've not had the time nor the inclination to trawl through these many pages to see if you've withdrawn these comments - however, your card is marked.

This was the comment of a Tarrier or fellow-traveller.

Which are you? :angry:

Do these people who get "offended" or feel our display of support as inappropriate ever watch the Royal British Legion Service of Remembrance. It’s full of support for our armed forces and not simply a minutes silence, and HM The Queen and Royal Family never appear offended so GTF ya bunch of whinging anti-British cnuts.

If it wasn’t for people like those that fought for us in WW2 and other conflicts, you would have no freedom to state your thoughts and never ever forget that and show some appreciation.

:7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: :7325: