Laudrup in talks with Charles Green

Senna

BRIAN LAUDRUP is in talks with chief executive Charles Green about rejoining Rangers as a club ambassador.

The Light Blues legend, 44 next month, was back in Glasgow today to meet the Yorkshireman at Ibrox for discussions.

It was the first time the pair had met and their 90-minute meeting was extremely productive as they exchanged views on how Gers will move forward.

You can see a full interview with the Dane on his anticipated appointment on RangersTV.tv, the club’s official television channel, tonight.

Laudrup, clearly impressed by what he heard, said: “Since Rangers went into these chaotic circumstances, I have said all along that if I could help the club in any way I would do it.

“I’ve been here today to speak to Charles a little bit and we’ll see if we can find a way for me to do that.

“To be able to be an ambassador for Rangers Football Club would be absolutely fantastic and we want to see if we can find a way to work together.”

Laudrup was a key figure during the Nine in a Row era, scoring 45 goals in 151 appearances and winning five major honours including three league titles.

He scored two winners against Celtic in the 1996/97 campaign when that final championship was claimed.

The winger was also the star of the 1996 Scottish Cup final when he virtually defeated Hearts on his own, scoring twice and setting up all three of Gordon Durie’s goals in a 5-1 success.

Laudrup played for a number of other top European clubs including Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Fiorentina, Chelsea and Ajax in a glittering career.

On top of that, he was a star performer for his country Denmark and was instrumental in both their Euro 92 victory and their run to the quarter-finals of the 1998 World Cup.

Almost 15 years after leaving Rangers for Stamford Bridge, hope are high he can return after spending arguably the best period of his playing days in Scotland.

After watching the club slump to the depths of administration then rise again in such stunning fashion over the last few months, Laudrup is eager to assist in whatever way he can.

He added: “If the club wants me to help – and it looks like it does – I would love to do it. I have always said I had four tremendous years at Rangers.

“The issue at the moment is to find a way in which I can help and it has been fantastic to meet Charles. He is a fantastic man to speak to and he has a great vision for this club.

“Now we just have to sit down at some point and formalise things so that we can work together, that would be great.”

bit.ly/Vs2HLr

OH MY FUCKING GOD :crywank:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Yes. Yes. Just get it done. Do it. DO IT NOW!!!!

BRIAN LAUDRUP was back in Glasgow today to discuss a role at the club with Charles Green – and we’ve spoken to him exclusively for RangersTV.

The Danish legend was discussing the possibility of becoming a Light Blues ambassador and was impressed with what the Gers chief executive had to say.

Straight after their meeting, Laudrup sat down to talk about his hopes of helping the 54-times Scottish champions in their quest to get back to the very top level.

You’ll be able to see his interview with Andrew Dickson later this evening, only on the club’s official television channel.

Be watching that later.

:thumbup:

Cant think of many better ambassadors, however this appointment should only be if there is to be some tangible benefit to the club and its not just an appointment for the sake of making an appointment. However, good to have him onboard, if only we could get his brother to be our next manager!