Why? Because he was drunk?

No because Paul is clearly very unwell. Detox would be a start. He has a long history of dual diagnosis (mental health and addiction issues) and whatever treatment he is on at present clearly isn't working for him.As other posters have stated perhaps Paul doesn't want to change anymore or maybe he cant but parading him about like this is a disgrace and is in no way therapeutic or beneficial. You really fear the worst is just around the corner for him.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No because Paul is clearly very unwell. Detox would be a start. He has a long history of dual diagnosis (mental health and addiction issues) and whatever treatment he is on at present clearly isn't working for him.As other posters have stated perhaps Paul doesn't want to change anymore or maybe he cant but parading him about like this is a disgrace and is in no way therapeutic or beneficial. You really fear the worst is just around the corner for him.

Did you even listen to the interview with his agent?

Did you even listen to the interview with his agent?

No and I don't intend to, I just saw a little of the clip and switched it off. I am happy to hear from you how it is beneficial for Paul to be led on to a public stage in his condition. I hope that you respect my opinion in the way that I respect yours!.

get of your moral tree, we have been singing about tommy burns and johnny doyle for years

TBH none of us have morals

Maybe because your`e sitting in the away end..just maybe

Your replies to me after criticizing the Celtic fans singing these songs...You have tried to justify that by tarring us all with your own standards and then accusing me of being a taig because I dont lower myself to those same standards. Now you are threatening me which is not only hilarious but further illustrates your character.

Now this thread is about Gazza not your justifications of what is acceptable to sing in football stadiums.

No and I don't intend to, I just saw a little of the clip and switched it off. I am happy to hear from you how it is beneficial for Paul to be led on to a public stage in his condition. I hope that you respect my opinion in the way that I respect yours!.

He wasn't led there in that condition. He was taken OFF stage because his behavior and body language suddenly became erratic and worrying. By his agent.

As for detox/rehab he has tried to book Paul into a rehab in Marbella but, conveniently, Paul claims to have "lost" his passport.

He was also asked whether Gazza should be sectioned, to which he answered "I don't want to say that... but maybe someone else can instead."

Your replies to me after criticizing the Celtic fans singing these songs...You have tried to justify that by tarring us all with your own standards and then accusing me of being a taig because I dont lower myself to those same standards. Now you are threatening me which is not only hilarious but further illustrates your character.

Now this thread is about Gazza not your justifications of what is acceptable to sing in football stadiums.

And all without a rod and reel....Scar your`e a plonker..ha ha ha

The FA, Gary Lineker etc, all saying they are willing to help.

Hopefully they go and do it instead of just talking about it.

Won't be long until fame hungry Sheryl is back in the paper with another "My Story"

The only person who can help Paul Gascoigne is Paul himself.

I say this through bitter and very recent experience.

He wasn't led there in that condition. He was taken OFF stage because his behavior and body language suddenly became erratic and worrying. By his agent.

As for detox/rehab he has tried to book Paul into a rehab in Marbella but, conveniently, Paul claims to have "lost" his passport.

He was also asked whether Gazza should be sectioned, to which he answered "I don't want to say that... but maybe someone else can instead."

You would think that his agent would have spent some time with Paul prior to the show ,saw his condition and cancelled. But he didn't. The main thing is that all Rangers fans wish or pray for Paul to make a recovery.That is the most important thing. Its only a doctor and Mental Health Officer who can detain someone under the Mental Health Act but his agent could have contacted a GP if he was so concerned.That would have got the ball rolling.

We just have different opinions on this and thats what makes the world go round.

I fear the worst for Gazza now.

Over the years Walter and Ally have offered Gazza help to get back into football and give him focus but he's turned it down.Gazza has serious mental health issues which is turning him to drink to cure it and IMO that's where the treatment has to start,but you can't force him into getting treatment unless you section him and that's the last straw.

My uncle was an alcoholic and died at 47 through a shot liver.

This is a human tragedy, regardless of who he used to play for.

Where are the family? Sadly a lot of people have done well out of gazza are nowhere to be seen

The criteria for being sectioned is a risk to himself or others, surely Gazza is now a risk to himself