So what did the 350 scabs achieve then?

bunter

The boycott worked to the extent we got the media attention we sought and through the support of the club made our opinions known.

Where it failed, and was always destined to do so, was that some fans decided to attend the game. Sad but it was always on the cards. From the TV pictures seems that many who elected to attend were youngsters.

Most boycotts will antagonize the opposition who will pick up any spare tickets. Remember these people hate Rangers more than they love their own clubs. Sad but that is Scottish society.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They proved Boycotts are divisive and only work when there is 100% support for the Boycott. It just takes a few to break ranks for the message to be undermined.

This has been badly handled from the moment The Club itself decided to get involved, an unnecessary distraction for the Manager and his Team.

I would agree with those who argue that the Boycott worked and that we made a point. I am just not sure as to the value of the point made or if it was worth the price.

They proved Boycotts are divisive and only work when there is 100% support for the Boycott. It just takes a few to break ranks for the message to be undermined.

I would agree with those who argue that the Boycott worked and that we made a point. I am just not sure as to the value of the point made or if it was worth the price.

read your post again and see if you can spot the contradiction.

They weren't scabs, they were Rangers supporters who did what they thought was right. I see that in hindsight. Time to move on and concentrate on winning our division. As it says on our smartcards... Together we are Rangers.

A Rangers supporter is a person who supports the Rangers Football Club - & comply to their decision.

A lowlife scab opposes that, with the pretense he's supporting the team.

The hatred and vitriol directed at fellow Bears is breath-taking.

"Not Rangers supporters, scabs, scum" etc etc etc

Really should be fucking ashamed some of you. They had their reasons for going, what are your reasons for insulting and belittling them with such passion?

The boycott was 100% correct in concept. It was spolied only by the actions of selfish, attention-seeking fools.

Their actions were no different to Trade Union members breaking a strike by crossing a picket line.

Whether in work or in football, a scab is a scab.

The boycott was 100% correct in concept. It was spolied only by the actions of selfish, attention-seeking fools.

Their actions were no different to Trade Union members breaking a strike by crossing a picket line.

Whether in work or in football, a scab is a scab.

And cunts are still cunts.

A Rangers supporter is a person who supports the Rangers Football Club - & comply to their decision.

A lowlife scab opposes that, with the pretense he's supporting the team.

It wasn't the football club that made the decision though. Green just bowed to pressure from the fans who were already speaking of a boycott before he decided that if he took tickets we would be at a financial loss for not selling them, and he would risk the fans not continuing to back him.

The true time to boycott Tannadice was in the direct aftermath of the 2009 game. This boycott was just petty and causes divisions amongst the fans.

What was the point? The club said it would not be accepting tickets and a boycott of this game was taking place and yet we still got complete idiots turning up and showed the club up and made the boycott null and void.

Hardly. People saying this shows how divided we are, they showed us up etc are at it.

365 people are not reflective of the Rangers support. We would have been expecting 5000-6000 fans to take tickets without a boycott. So, it achieved what it was set out to achieve I suppose. But I don't agree we should be doing it again.

Hardly. People saying this shows how divided we are, they showed us up etc are at it.

365 people are not reflective of the Rangers support. We would have been expecting 5000-6000 fans to take tickets without a boycott. So, it achieved what it was set out to achieve I suppose. But I don't agree we should be doing it again.

There is no point I suppose in future of doing boycotts. Our support is just too big to be able to get NO ONE to turn up.

For too many years now Scottish football clubs have lived off Rangers and our fans and then in our hour of need kicked us while we were down.Now the club has decided enough is enough and took the fans view and done a boycott.Every fan should have backed the club in this to a man but sadly some fans see themselves as the be all and end all of our club.SCAB BASTARDS.

There is no point I suppose in future of doing boycotts. Our support is just too big to be able to get NO ONE to turn up.

If we compare ourselves to spl support then the boycott was a complete failure, we took more than they take without a boycott. However if we compare it to what we are capable of, 365 people was as good as no one.

The hatred and vitriol directed at fellow Bears is breath-taking.

"Not Rangers supporters, scabs, scum" etc etc etc

Really should be fucking ashamed some of you. They had their reasons for going, what are your reasons for insulting and belittling them with such passion?

Because they went against the wishes of our supporters & they've embarrassed our club.

This was not a push for democracy, the decision of the scabs was contrary to Rangers, & in actual fact was a support for thompson & d.utd.

Because they went against the wishes of our supporters & they've embarrassed our club.

This was not a push for democracy, the decision of the scabs was contrary to Rangers, & in actual fact was a support for thompson & d.utd.

Correct. Not words I use lightly but the few hundred who gifted Dundee Utd their money yesterday are traitorous scabs.

For me those who went where foolish and to go against the majority was futile.

I would say the boycott was a sucess in that Dundee scumbags never got the 10,000 tangarine sea they so desired.

Terrible support who are just gloryhunting.

9,564 is a pish crowd v Rangers no matter what Tournament.

They where only there to see us.

Bawbags the lot of them .

I will never ever step foot in anotjer spl clubs ground again. Ever.

All my money goes to one club and one club only.

For me those who went where foolish and to go against the majority was futile.

I would say the boycott was a sucess in that Dundee scumbags never got the 10,000 tangarine sea they so desired.

Terrible support who are just gloryhunting.

9,564 is a pish crowd v Rangers no matter what Tournament.

They where only there to see us.

Bawbags the lot of them .

I will never ever step foot in anotjer spl clubs ground again. Ever.

All my money goes to one club and one club only.

Im suprised anyone would be silly enough to make comments like "i'll never set foot in another SPL clubs ground again". You never know whats round the corner.

They proved Boycotts are divisive and only work when there is 100% support for the Boycott. It just takes a few to break ranks for the message to be undermined....

first you say that a boycott cant work if there's not 100% participation.

now we know that there wasn't 100% participation.

therefore, according to this the boycott didn't work.

then you say the boycott did work, knowing fine well we didn't get 100%.

so what the fuck is it - it can't be both ffs.

a boycott can't work and not work concurrently!

duh!

furthermore, we got 94% participation by our away support for this boycott.

who the fuck expects 100% agreement when it comes to human nature.

to harp on about a measly 6% who didn't participate and call it divisive is absolutely ridiculous.

94% participation is nothing short of amazing!