Ross Perry and his "injury"

korealoyal

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Perry was at it yesterday. He faked a pulled hamstring when the true reason was his embarrassment at being found out. He never moved far or fast enough to pull a hamstring. He has heart to match his footballing talent - f*ck all!!!

Let's see if he "recovers" in time for the next diddy team coming to Ibrox (although if the poster is right, he already has if he was out on the town last night). Even in D3 he should never be seen in a Rangers shirt after yesterday. Rant over. And I thought I would feel better this morning as the nightmare faded! I was really looking forward to that game...15 f*cking seconds and that was it over.

Perry is not very good footballer and wouldn't be near the team if things were different but he is and since when did we only support good players. The people that suggest he chucked it are saying more about their mentality than his which is a disgrace!

Perry is not very good footballer and wouldn't be near the team if things were different but he is and since when did we only support good players. The people that suggest he chucked it are saying more about their mentality than his which is a disgrace!

Ok lets say I am wrong and he didnt chuck it, he did suffer an injury. He was out drinking in Sugarcube last night after sustaining an injury and performing like he had. That in itself is a complete lack of professionalism and is an indication of the lads mentality.

I would never accuse a Rangers player of faking iniury to get out of a bad game, if he was in a nightclub last night thats very disapointing but we only have a second hand account of that nothing more as yet. If true then if Ally finds out i expect Perry to be delt with accordingly but until then i wont join in the rumor and speculation.

If he 'chucked it', and there was no sign of injury when he came off, then there isn't any chance whatsoever that our manager would have him near our first team ever again.

I expect him to play again for us (despite him being extraordinarily, and disappointingly poor this season)

(tu)

The fact that 'fans' would think this of one of our players takes the biscuit.

As for being out last night, too many unfounded rumours/accusations on this site with no evidence, professional footballer or not we are all human. I know after that I needed a drink.

As for being out last night, too many unfounded rumours/accusations on this site with no evidence, professional footballer or not we are all human. I know after that I needed a drink.

Your not a professional athlete.

IMO no professional athlete in this modern day should be drinking, you don't see olympic athletes drinking during training months or competition season

Personally, I don't think you can criticise him for this without any facts. Far too much stuff in football is based on random bullshit from would be body language experts in the stands. For instance all of the "he doesn't want to be here" stuff that periodically gets trotted out about certain players is just baseless nonsense. Nobody can tell what's going on inside a player's head when they're looking at it from the stand/on TV.

With that said, anyone that's played the game at lower levels will have seen someone do this at one time or another (or done it themselves). The team's having a disaster, you're all over the place defensively and you just use any excuse to get off the pitch. I've seen that happen countless times, so it's not completely out of the question that Perry did it yesterday given all the pressure surrounding it (Sky Sports, all the boycott stuff, etc.)

IMO no professional athlete in this modern day should be drinking, you don't see olympic athletes drinking during training months or competition season

Humans are humans. I'm not going to give the boy stick for having a drink, if he even did.

probably needed a drink after yesterday!!!!

The lads had a hernia op a broken nose and probably is not 100 percent match fit.

He also hasn't a Davie Wier-Boca or sim guiding him like wee Wilson had...

So get off the young teams back and if your a true blue get behind them instead of trying to demoralise them.

iv heard Olympians comment about drinking without the need to get hammered, it can be a social thing as well as getting drunk, some enjoy a drink some enjoy getting wrecked.

Not as clean cut as just being on the frink

Personally, I don't think you can criticise him for this without any facts. Far too much stuff in football is based on random bullshit from would be body language experts in the stands. For instance all of the "he doesn't want to be here" stuff that periodically gets trotted out about certain players is just baseless nonsense. Nobody can tell what's going on inside a player's head when they're looking at it from the stand/on TV.

With that said, anyone that's played the game at lower levels will have seen someone do this at one time or another (or done it themselves). The team's having a disaster, you're all over the place defensively and you just use any excuse to get off the pitch. I've seen that happen countless times, so it's not completely out of the question that Perry did it yesterday given all the pressure surrounding it (Sky Sports, all the boycott stuff, etc.)

Firstly, thank god I'm not the only one who thought he just looked done in... nervous, shaky look in his eyes told the story to me. I know you are not agreeing with me but others seem to think what I think so I'm not going mad!

I've seen players and talked to players who went down with an "injury" only to get themselves off the park. I've been on the verge of doing it myself at times and as a center half it can be torture when you are getting ripped asunder, let me tell you!

It was inevitable that at least one or two players who were propelled into the first wouldn't be able to handle it.

Unfortunately for Perry, he appears to be one of them.

He's what, 23 now? he would've had great advice from the likes of Weir and Bocanegra, and regretably, he hasn't retained any of it.

The first thing I thought and said when he went down was, "that boy's chucked it, he's looking to get taken off", his face and body language seemed to confirm this, and judging from what other posters have said on here it would seem it's a common perception.