Trials at Rangers. What happens?

MCLACHLAN1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're probably all world class. Hate to say it but when Green mentions McCoist having a £10million war chest at his disposal I seize up with dread.

I'm now past the point in believing Ally is manager material and frightened to think what players he'll bring in when the transfer embargo is up.

Aye, coz the last time he had £10 million to spend he made an arse of it.

I don't think you do hate to say it. In fact I think some on here love to say it. It's become a catchphrase.

This thread is about trialists signed for nothing, not to mention the 2 week rush (coz that's just another excuse).

Argyriou is not garbage by any stretch

I glad I'm not the only one who thinks this...he's certainly not a world beater but he offers us so much balance on the right and has great energy...I can't understand why ally chooses to play two players out of position over him.

They're probably all world class. Hate to say it but when Green mentions McCoist having a £10million war chest at his disposal I seize up with dread.

I'm now past the point in believing Ally is manager material and frightened to think what players he'll bring in when the transfer embargo is up.

I dont want to be too harsh on Ally but id seize up with dread at the prospect of ally being given a bag of ginger bottles to spend on players when i look at previous signings made. The scouting system has been pish for ages to.

I dont want to be too harsh on Ally but id seize up with dread at the prospect of ally being given a bag of ginger bottles to spend on players when i look at previous signings made. The scouting system has been pish for ages to.

in allys defense c.w severely hindered any chances of ally signing his main targets, goodwillie,cuellar,danns,hemad,grant Holt and the player from anderlecht. This summer without a license we couldnt sign anyone we had just over 3 weeks in the end ti negotiate deals with players. We wont get a window this summer and the.only real transfer window is next January.

Having said all that there is still a few things McCoist could do to try and change matches and the 1st one would be to ditch this diabolical 4-2-3-1 formation until we have the personnel for that, and play a rb at rb, rw at rw, and so on

They turned up for training, they had football somewhere on their CVs, they showed they could run around a bit and kick a ball broadly in the direction of a team mate. Good enough to get in it seems. But then again, nobody else was interested. When you are looking at the bottom of the selection barrel, the only football apples you can pick are those in front of you. And with the defectors having defected that's how far Rangers has been weakened. And you can only work with those who are prepared to join the so-called adventure. It then becomes a test of coaching and management but that's a whole different question.

This, 100%.

Lets look at it:

Faure = Decent at times, but at other times looks shy and spineless. No real pace, more of a centre back I think.

Kyle = Struggled early on for fitness, shed a stone or whatever it was. Finally coming on to a game, scoring goals etc and looking useful - more useful than Sandaza - before apparently his tooth got knocked out in a collision with a keeper and ever since we hear of a leg injury, a knee injury and then following the DU game I read "unsure if he will recover from an ankle injury in time". Something more than meets the eye there.

Argyriou = One of the better signings I'd say. Natural right back who poses more of a threat going forward than Hegarty and Faure. Yet, after picking up an injury and returning to the reserves he can't get a finger on the first team, which is a shame because McCoist is missing a real trick there.

Cribari = Isn't as bad as some make out but nowhere near SPL standard. Probably Div2 maximum. Does the job required for Div3.

Stella = Nobody can comment as we never really seen him play. I'm sure I read a Reserve report saying he was pushing for a First Team place, obviously not.

I don't know where from or why people got the idea that we would have an SPL team in the 3rd Division. It is not required. There is no point in aiming for Cups from the 3rd Division when 1) we can't qualify for Europe through them 2) our squad isn't big enough for them or talented enough and 3) our main focus is getting up the leagues as quickly as possible.

I dismissed any chance in the League or Scottish Cup when we couldn't even win the Challenge Cup. That should have been the eye opener for many on here and throughout the Rangers support.

Despite all the above, another reason we couldn't compete with DU yesterday and aren't dominating SFL3 teams is because we are far from the required fitness levels.

The summer will be welcomed with joy by this Bear because we need a good break, a good pre-season and a dramatic overhaul of the playing squad and coaching staff.

Agree with all you said.

However. I want to see some passion, some drive, a desire. I want to see some good old fashioned Rangers pride.

Remember we had Kali Uche on trial? He signed for Espanyol after that. Scored 6 in 15 in the Spanish League. Now at Kasimpasa, 4th in the Turkish league where he has 10 goals in 20. Luigi Bruins plays for Nice. And Frings is Captain of Toronto FC.

This, 100%.

Lets look at it:

Faure = Decent at times, but at other times looks shy and spineless. No real pace, more of a centre back I think.

Kyle = Struggled early on for fitness, shed a stone or whatever it was. Finally coming on to a game, scoring goals etc and looking useful - more useful than Sandaza - before apparently his tooth got knocked out in a collision with a keeper and ever since we hear of a leg injury, a knee injury and then following the DU game I read "unsure if he will recover from an ankle injury in time". Something more than meets the eye there.

Argyriou = One of the better signings I'd say. Natural right back who poses more of a threat going forward than Hegarty and Faure. Yet, after picking up an injury and returning to the reserves he can't get a finger on the first team, which is a shame because McCoist is missing a real trick there.

Cribari = Isn't as bad as some make out but nowhere near SPL standard. Probably Div2 maximum. Does the job required for Div3.

Stella = Nobody can comment as we never really seen him play. I'm sure I read a Reserve report saying he was pushing for a First Team place, obviously not.

I don't know where from or why people got the idea that we would have an SPL team in the 3rd Division. It is not required. There is no point in aiming for Cups from the 3rd Division when 1) we can't qualify for Europe through them 2) our squad isn't big enough for them or talented enough and 3) our main focus is getting up the leagues as quickly as possible.

I dismissed any chance in the League or Scottish Cup when we couldn't even win the Challenge Cup. That should have been the eye opener for many on here and throughout the Rangers support.

Despite all the above, another reason we couldn't compete with DU yesterday and aren't dominating SFL3 teams is because we are far from the required fitness levels.

The summer will be welcomed with joy by this Bear because we need a good break, a good pre-season and a dramatic overhaul of the playing squad and coaching staff.

People thought we could have an SPL class team in SFL3 because we are paying the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland. The players mentioned aren't good enough to play for Rangers and never will be. SFL3, SPL or Highland League.

They should never have been signed.

Faure = Garbage

Kyle = not fit/never was

Argyriou = Garbage

Cribari = Garbage

Stella = No comment

What on earth did these guys show that made Ally think we should sign them? We had umpteen trialists through the door and ended up with that dross. Quite a few folk say they aren't Ally's signings? Well whose are they?

Don't want a repeat of this this summer.

The only thing i can say is they players were the only one willing to sign for us. The rest either didn't or wanted more money?

And when you start signings people just to make up the numbers then your fucked. it looks like this is what has happened.

People thought we could have an SPL class team in SFL3 because we are paying the 2nd highest wage bill in Scotland. The players mentioned aren't good enough to play for Rangers and never will be. SFL3, SPL or Highland League.

They should never have been signed.

Sadly, the truth is they had to be signed or we were fucked. Nobody any better than them were willing to come to the Club in SFL3. If you need evidence of this, take a look at Boca and Goian's departure. They could have remained if they wanted to play at this level but they never. Write down the squad, score out the ones above. Who are we left with? Barely a starting 11.

They are enough for this level and possibly the next (judging by our result against Alloa) but no more than that.

Sadly, the truth is they had to be signed or we were fucked. Nobody any better than them were willing to come to the Club in SFL3. If you need evidence of this, take a look at Boca and Goian's departure. They could have remained if they wanted to play at this level but they never. Write down the squad, score out the ones above. Who are we left with? Barely a starting 11.

They are enough for this level and possibly the next (judging by our result against Alloa) but no more than that.

I get what you're saying but I don't believe there weren't better players out there who would have came. Most players in Scoand would still jump at the chance to play for us and earn a fortune.

But I accept slight lee-way has to be given due to the rush to sign players but fook me. They are a bad bunch the players mentioned.

McCoist did say attracting players in the third division was going to be a challenge...we cant really moan of the quality we have .

Haud the bus.

Ian Black, David Templeton, Dean Shiels, Sandaza, Kyle... they are all experienced SPL/Premiership players who CAN play football. They were very good signings by any stretch of the imagination.

The problem lies in how they are now playing. Is it McCoist's fault? Who knows!

The only thing i can say is they players were the only one willing to sign for us. The rest either didn't or wanted more money?

And when you start signings people just to make up the numbers then your fucked. it looks like this is what has happened.

Or maybe they signed because no other team which looked at them would have them.

Faure = Garbage

Kyle = not fit/never was

Argyriou = Garbage

Cribari = Garbage

Stella = No comment

What on earth did these guys show that made Ally think we should sign them? We had umpteen trialists through the door and ended up with that dross. Quite a few folk say they aren't Ally's signings? Well whose are they?

Don't want a repeat of this this summer.

Golf handicap of 8 or under,bet Fred account,ability to laugh idiotically at any joke from management,desire to train as little as possible and lack of desire to improve as professional footballers.

They turned up for training, they had football somewhere on their CVs, they showed they could run around a bit and kick a ball broadly in the direction of a team mate. Good enough to get in it seems. But then again, nobody else was interested. When you are looking at the bottom of the selection barrel, the only football apples you can pick are those in front of you. And with the defectors having defected that's how far Rangers has been weakened. And you can only work with those who are prepared to join the so-called adventure. It then becomes a test of coaching and management but that's a whole different question.

Sadly- I agree with a lot of this.