Ross Blyth offers resignation after attending Tannadice

Adoniram

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the lads without access to Follow Follow,here's Mark Dingwall's take on it..

Originally Posted by Grandmaster_Suck viewpost.gif

I’ve had to chop umpteen nutty posts from this thread - sometimes when punters are in a feeding frenzy it is best to wait for the anger to blow out before calling a halt otherwise it just makes things worse on other sites.

I think Ross was daft to publicly back a boycott and then break it. If he had kept his personal views quiet and gone to the game then I wouldn’t have had a major problem with that. My reasoning over the boycott and those who would break it are in this article - http://www.followfol....59/index.shtml

Despite the anger (or sadness) over this is is important we as a support do not descend into a full-scale witch-hunt. We see the legacy of bitterness Matt McGlone’s Parkhead boycott left amongst their fans - and it still rears it’s head.

Last year, in the club’s greatest hour of need, we saw the poisonous effects of internet bampots fired up with hate trying to disrupt initiatives such as SaveRangers, the black and red scarf campaign or even (almost unbelievably) the share issue - all because some believe themselves to be better fans than the rest of us.

A daft campaign to ‘name and shame’ the OAPs and teenagers who made up the buy of the Rangers support is to be avoided at all costs - what happens when the wrong person is ‘named and shamed’? How do you out that genie back in the bottle?

It’s very easy to use the anonymity of the internet to incite people to be attacked by creating an atmosphere by the language you use against them - some of the terms used to described Ross Blyth have been filthy. Inciting others to do your dirty work is the mark of the bully and the coward. It has no place at Ibrox.

I wouldn’t claim to be a close pals of Ross’s but if you know him there is no doubt he is a tremendous fan of the club and by his behavior at home and abroad an ambassador for and a credit to it. He’s made a stupid decision and he has offered to resign from a post he obviously holds very dear. Let him be and let him support his club.

----------------------------------------------

Who are the RSA accountable to? They're not elected, they 'represent' all RSC members (whether they want them to or not).

What can anyone do about it if Blyth's resignation isn't accepted? Who controls this group?

I will be notifying them of my clubs withdrawal from the assembly if he doesn't go

For the lads without access to Follow Follow,here's Mark Dingwall's take on it..

I’ve had to chop umpteen nutty posts from this thread - sometimes when punters are in a feeding frenzy it is best to wait for the anger to blow out before calling a halt otherwise it just makes things worse on other sites.

I think Ross was daft to publicly back a boycott and then break it. If he had kept his personal views quiet and gone to the game then I wouldn’t have had a major problem with that. My reasoning over the boycott and those who would break it are in this article - http://www.followfol....59/index.shtml

Despite the anger (or sadness) over this is is important we as a support do not descend into a full-scale witch-hunt. We see the legacy of bitterness Matt McGlone’s Parkhead boycott left amongst their fans - and it still rears it’s head.

Last year, in the club’s greatest hour of need, we saw the poisonous effects of internet bampots fired up with hate trying to disrupt initiatives such as SaveRangers, the black and red scarf campaign or even (almost unbelievably) the share issue - all because some believe themselves to be better fans than the rest of us.

A daft campaign to ‘name and shame’ the OAPs and teenagers who made up the buy of the Rangers support is to be avoided at all costs - what happens when the wrong person is ‘named and shamed’? How do you out that genie back in the bottle?

It’s very easy to use the anonymity of the internet to incite people to be attacked by creating an atmosphere by the language you use against them - some of the terms used to described Ross Blyth have been filthy. Inciting others to do your dirty work is the mark of the bully and the coward. It has no place at Ibrox.

I wouldn’t claim to be a close pals of Ross’s but if you know him there is no doubt he is a tremendous fan of the club and by his behavior at home and abroad an ambassador for and a credit to it. He’s made a stupid decision and he has offered to resign from a post he obviously holds very dear. Let him be and let him support his club.

----------------------------------------------

Appreciate all that but the "Offer to quit" is not going to wash with the majority of fans on here or i suspect most others who followed the boycot and the club.

In government we would not accept "Offer to resign" and let them stay in position when someone does something they said otherwise now would we? So whay do we have to accept it is alright now as he is one of us?

Yes I do not believe the scabs thing should not be going on any further than it has but I damn well know I do not see this person as fit and proper to be in his position any more.

What the hell, only my view and not the vast majority of boycotters.......err Rangers fans :-)

Says the Starve Green Out campaigner

Appreciate all that but the "Offer to quit" is not going to wash with the majority of fans on here or i suspect most others who followed the boycot and the club.

In government we would not accept "Offer to resign" and let them stay in position when someone does something they said otherwise now would we? So whay do we have to accept it is alright now as he is one of us?

Yes I do not believe the scabs thing should not be going on any further than it has but I damn well know I do not see this person as fit and proper to be in his position any more.

What the hell, only my view and not the vast majority of boycotters.......err Rangers fans :-)

Agreed.

Says the Starve Green Out campaigner

The bit in there about the shares,black and red scarves etc shows why we will never be united too.

I will be notifying them of my clubs withdrawal from the assembly if he doesn't go

I don't even think you have that option, mate. Your club didn't join the RSA, and as far as I know can't leave. It's a body nominated to speak on behalf of RSCs. They don't get any direct benefit from individual RSCs, so one 'withdrawing' won't mean much to them.

Having said that, phone calls from a numbers of Clubs making their feelings known should influence their decision. If it's true they haven't accepted the resignation then it's pretty clear what their opinion of fans' feelings is.

We do not need these supporters groups with their conflicting statements and hypocritical actions, its become about them rather than the club and that is unacceptable for fans who just want to support the club and not have to read about the latest spat or fall out between 'fan chiefs'.

Are you Dingwall? Every thread hes mentioned you leap to his defence like you take it personally......

Dingwall must see Blyth as a kindred spirit, ie another prominent Rangers figure who, like MD, wouldn't get a red neck if his throat was cut. Criticism by Rangers fans is to be ignored by these great Rangers men as the ramblings of jealous little people.

Peas in a pod.

Dingwall must see Blyth as a kindred spirit, ie another prominent Rangers figure who, like MD, wouldn't get a red neck if his throat was cut. Criticism by Rangers fans is to be ignored by these great Rangers men as the ramblings of jealous little people.

Peas in a pod.

(tu) as i say above its become a ego trip for the guys at the top and the club and average supporter come a distant second to the self importaince of these guys.

(tu) as i say above its become a ego trip for the guys at the top and the club and average supporter come a distant second to the self importaince of these guys.

Spot on. Just what the Rangers support needs, a shower of self-serving, egotistical wankers representing us and doing precisely what they please in the process without fear of censure. Not in my name.

If the Assembly think the Blyth storm will be allowed to blow over, they're wrong. He's leaving office whether or not his Assembly pals approve..

Spot on. Just what the Rangers support needs, a shower of self-serving, egotistical wankers representing us and doing precisely what they please in the process without fear of censure. Not in my name.

If the Assembly think the Blyth storm will be allowed to blow over, they're wrong. He's leaving office whether or not his Assembly pals approve..

His position is untenable for sure, just a matter of time....

If they have, Blyth will get his fucking Lundy cunt kicked in on sight at Ibrox by Bears who don't appreciate taking orders from lying, hypocritical cunts..

That's not a threat, it's a statement of fact.

I would rather have Ross as an ambassador of rangers football club rather than yourself, your statement is a fucking joke and you should be ashamed of your self.

I would rather have Ross as an ambassador of rangers football club rather than yourself, your statement is a fucking joke and you should be ashamed of your self.

I believe you. I've always thought many of our fans get the representatives they deserve.

I don't even think you have that option, mate. Your club didn't join the RSA, and as far as I know can't leave. It's a body nominated to speak on behalf of RSCs. They don't get any direct benefit from individual RSCs, so one 'withdrawing' won't mean much to them.

Having said that, phone calls from a numbers of Clubs making their feelings known should influence their decision. If it's true they haven't accepted the resignation then it's pretty clear what their opinion of fans' feelings is.

Clubs could refuse to re send in their registrations for next year - a high risk strategy though as it compromises their away allocations

It all depends on how strongly people think about what he has done

And just to show he has no shame or comprehension of his actions he was a flag bearer at yesterday's game.

No humility or understanding of the depth of feelings of his fellow Rangers fans.

Tells you all you want to know about him, he has no shame.

It's a tough choice between a scab and a thug moron!

I'm no thug. I just know the strength of feeling among Rangers fans regarding Blyth's betrayal.

Think about it; you're a Rangers fan who hasn't missed a game in years. You go along with the Tannadice boycott, knowing it's the right thing for the club. You watchus lose meekly to an average Dundee Utd. Then you read with incredulity that a fans' chief broke the boycott. You're at Ibrox for the next home game. You have a few beers pre-match. You walk over to the ground and who do you see? Ross Blyth, bold as brass and totally unabashed.

What do you think happens next?

It's very simple; if Rangers fans's group chiefs don't want to attract the fury of their fellow fans, they'd be well-advised never to lie to them.