Ross Blyth offers resignation after attending Tannadice

Adoniram

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must say I find the whole thing about 'not missed a game in years' odd, this isn't like a student building up an academic track record or a prosecutor with a conviction rate.

Yes a day out can be enjoyed and we're all sports fans, but you go for the team first and foremost surely? And in this case the team did not want us there, easy decision.

What hypocritical stance?

The RSA issued their statements based on the fan base as did the club. He obviously thought otherwise.... as VC he should have honoured the RSA's wishes but it isn't hypocritical. The blood lust over Blythe and the other 300 or so fans who attended is becoming a bit of a pantomime.

The invasions into his personal life however is alarming. Whose business is it if he sells on programmes or not?

I didn't mention and don't care about programmes.

If you want hypocritical then go and read his interviews before the game. He spoke about the boycott and why it had to happen and then he went. Hypocritical - saying one thing, expecting it of others and then doing something different. He is a hypocrite.

If you want hypocritical then go and read his interviews before the game. He spoke about the boycott and why it had to happen and then he went. Hypocritical - saying one thing, expecting it of others and then doing something different. He is a hypocrite.

Spot on. He was in a position of trust and he let down his members & his fellow Rangers fans in the most sly way imaginable.

That's why fans (like me) who don't appreciate being lied to insist he has to step down. We won't let up until he does so.

The Assembly have a major question to answer don't you lads?

Yes they do and it's not a question they'll be allowed to duck.

Ross Blyth cannot remain as VP of the Assembly. He broke a club boycott, lied to his members and humiliated the Rangers support.

This will not blow over. Byth has to go immediately.

For the lads without access to Follow Follow,here's Mark Dingwall's take on it..

Originally Posted by Grandmaster_Suck viewpost.gif

I’ve had to chop umpteen nutty posts from this thread - sometimes when punters are in a feeding frenzy it is best to wait for the anger to blow out before calling a halt otherwise it just makes things worse on other sites.

I think Ross was daft to publicly back a boycott and then break it. If he had kept his personal views quiet and gone to the game then I wouldn’t have had a major problem with that. My reasoning over the boycott and those who would break it are in this article - http://www.followfol....59/index.shtml

Despite the anger (or sadness) over this is is important we as a support do not descend into a full-scale witch-hunt. We see the legacy of bitterness Matt McGlone’s Parkhead boycott left amongst their fans - and it still rears it’s head.

Last year, in the club’s greatest hour of need, we saw the poisonous effects of internet bampots fired up with hate trying to disrupt initiatives such as SaveRangers, the black and red scarf campaign or even (almost unbelievably) the share issue - all because some believe themselves to be better fans than the rest of us.

A daft campaign to ‘name and shame’ the OAPs and teenagers who made up the buy of the Rangers support is to be avoided at all costs - what happens when the wrong person is ‘named and shamed’? How do you out that genie back in the bottle?

It’s very easy to use the anonymity of the internet to incite people to be attacked by creating an atmosphere by the language you use against them - some of the terms used to described Ross Blyth have been filthy. Inciting others to do your dirty work is the mark of the bully and the coward. It has no place at Ibrox.

I wouldn’t claim to be a close pals of Ross’s but if you know him there is no doubt he is a tremendous fan of the club and by his behavior at home and abroad an ambassador for and a credit to it. He’s made a stupid decision and he has offered to resign from a post he obviously holds very dear. Let him be and let him support his club.

----------------------------------------------

"I’ve had to chop umpteen nutty posts from this thread..." Hmmm.

Thanks for posting that BB - it's always good to get reminders of why I never want to join that site :D

But anyway, the Great Dictator has spoken, so let's all fall into line, and let Blyth be. Aye right!

Again, I have stated all along that he should go or be forced from position.

I don't believe its hypocritical to speak on behalf of the RSA's members wishes, though he should have advised Kerr on his true belief over the boycott and had someone else liaison with the media on it.

I don't believe its hypocritical to speak on behalf of the RSA's members wishes, though he should have advised Kerr on his true belief over the boycott and had someone else liaison with the media on it.

As has been pointed out already, whatever you happen or purport to believe, Blyth's actions leading up to and during the Tannadice game were the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

And your serious contention is that he should have said nothing, let someone else speak up in his stead to save him from any awkwardness, broken the boycott by going to a game his organisation had encouraged other fans to stay away from and still stayed in his role? Are you off your head? What a load of shite.

Blyth is a hypocrite and cannot stay in his fans' rep role. Your defence of his actions contains as much substance as a Gerry Admas denial of IRA membership.

Perhaps its just me but Im somewhat surprised buy the double speak of Mr Dingwall regarding attempts by internet bampots to disrupt the take over and share issue. After all most vocal ones were given a voice by his site and their views appeared to be actively promoted as site/trust policy.

I lied Im not surprised.

Perhaps its just me but Im somewhat surprised buy the double speak of Mr Dingwall regarding attempts by internet bampots to disrupt the take over and share issue. After all most vocal ones were given a voice by his site and their views appeared to be actively promoted as site/trust policy.

I lied Im not surprised.

This would be from within the same group of individuals who chased the American Bill Miller away with their racist 'Yank Go Home' banners.

The Busted Flush Group don't do irony.

This is a really strange argument to be having. But read the following paragraph and tell me if he is saying one thing and then doing another?

"I won't be going, and it breaks my heart not to be there. I've not missed any Rangers game for decades: competitive, friendly, summer tours, winter tours. But there has been such strong feeling about this, so needs must. Missing a game had to happen sometime – through illness or whatever – so this is it."

As has been pointed out already, whatever you happen or purport to believe, Blyth's actions leading up to and during the Tannadice game were the dictionary definition of hypocrisy.

And your serious contention is that he should have said nothing, let someone else speak up in his stead to save him from any awkwardness, broken the boycott by going to a game his organisation had encouraged other fans to stay away from and still stayed in his role? Are you off your head? What a load of shite.

Blyth is a hypocrite and cannot stay in his fans' rep role. Your defence of his actions contains as much substance as a Gerry Admas denial of IRA membership.

Blyth acted/spoke on in his members interests despite thinking differently himself.

He should go of course but anything other than criticising him for that is absurd, you really ought to wind your neck in and busy yourself with more important matters.

This is a really strange argument to be having. But read the following paragraph and tell me if he is saying one thing and then doing another?

"I won't be going, and it breaks my heart not to be there. I've not missed any Rangers game for decades: competitive, friendly, summer tours, winter tours. But there has been such strong feeling about this, so needs must. Missing a game had to happen sometime – through illness or whatever – so this is it."

It is, he's a liar. If the RSA had any credibility he'd be gone already. I refuse to delve further than that though.

Blyth acted/spoke on in his members interests despite thinking differently himself.

He should go of course but anything other than criticising him for that is absurd, you really ought to wind your neck in and busy yourself with more important matters.

The instant his own interests conflicted with those of the fans' group he purports to uphold then his resignation letter (not an 'offer' to resign....an actual resignation) should have been made public one-minute later.

That's why he's subject to such criticism from within the support.

He lied to us.

The instant his own interests conflicted with those of the fans' group he purports to uphold then his resignation letter (not an 'offer' to resign....an actual resignation) should have been made public one-minute later.

That's why he's subject to such criticism from within the support.

He lied to us.

I agree. But here let it endeth.

Calling him all sorts, threatening he'll get done in etc is fucking sickening.