Culture change?

Bluenose1986

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem isn't just going out and getting pissed they need to look at their diet, players from Europe are now light years ahead of us, the players over there know that if they want to be the best they need to eat properly and train, in most other sports players will have junk food as a treat maybe about once per week, and we can say who are we to tell them what to do it is not our business but at the end of the day these guys are getting paid wages that we can only dream about and it is us who are paying them, football is a short career so when they hit 30 they are still young and they can then go and drink and eat what they want.

I always thought when we played in the Champions League the teams we were playing always looked fitter and even the Tractor Boys we played from Romania who pumpmed us silly looked in better shape, I know PLG tried it and was soon shown the door but to me I would rather we had someone with that way of thinking in charge and any the players who don't want to put the effort in should be shown the door.

And as for how would you feel if your boss said you weren't going out at the weekend, it would piss me off big time but if I was earning between 1 and 10 thousand pounds per week I would do it.

I think there is a lot of problems at Ibrox that can be sorted, the club needs looked at from top to bottom, CG has got Traynor in and the PR dept is working a lot better, before now you wouldn't have known we had 1, youth development has been failing for years but they got away with it because we were buying the quality of player we needed, The scouting system is beyond a joke, we would be best of letting them all go and start using Champ manager to find players coz they have a better team of guys who can judge players. The backroom staff I can't really cpomment on as nobody seems to know what it is they do, and looking at the way we play whatever they do they aren't doing it very well.

I'm starting to get worried that Rangers has become a Gravy Train with a job for the boys attitude, we are in Div3 we have been battered from pillar to post the last year and now is a time for CG to go through the whole of Rangers and start making people do their jobs along with clearing out the deadwood which has been strutting around Ibrox for years earning big money yet putting nothing worthwhile into the club.

After getting pumped 3-0, I am surprised they wanted to go out. We will win plenty of games this season where they can go out after it and nobody would bother. After that defeat, a little common sense on their part wouldn't have gone amiss.

So its not the fact they go out thats the issue for me, its the fact they dont seem to give a fuck what anybody thinks

Being a Rangers player is not just a normal job. It should be a way of life for them, a dedication. They signed up to represent Rangers.

All of the 9 in a row side enjoyed a party more than most. Although successful it shouldn't matter if you're winning or losing if its a dedication

I'll be quite frank here but I never class footballers as athletes. True there is genuine tanks in the game but still, I'd hardly class footballers as olympians/athletes.

Still, professional footballers should always look after themselves the correct way.

I think a lot depends on their mood. After what they produced at tannadump they should have been gutted and if they went out it should have been very low key ... I think if I had seen them giving it the whole life and soul of the party bit I would have been tempted to say something. You really do get the impression that it doesn't matter anything like enough to them :angry: