How to tackle the media.

The Educator

It is obvious that we face a biased media in the form of Radio Clyde, The Daily Record and CH4 (Thompson), so how do we combat this? All of these organisations depend on sponsorship from other companies in the form of advertising so I say draw up a list of the companies who provide them with the bulk of their income and get to them through boycotting their products and campaigning to these companies exactly why this action is being taken. The other point I have is to do with who are the share holders of the three organisations I have mentioned, it's not impossible that individuals/organisations have taken a share holding in these to enable them to put forward an anti-Rangers agenda. A few months back it was reported that one Dermot Desmond was trying to buy into media companies such as Real Radio so it may be worth seeking to find out who the share holders are and who may be behind any off shore companies who have bought into the media in the last two to three years. If we want to get to the truth about how things are being organised against us then we could do a lot worse than to follow the money.

It is obvious that we face a biased media in the form of Radio Clyde, The Daily Record and CH4 (Thompson), so how do we combat this? All of these organisations depend on sponsorship from other companies in the form of advertising so I say draw up a list of the companies who provide them with the bulk of their income and get to them through boycotting their products and campaigning to these companies exactly why this action is being taken. The other point I have is to do with who are the share holders of the three organisations I have mentioned, it's not impossible that individuals/organisations have taken a share holding in these to enable them to put forward an anti-Rangers agenda. A few months back it was reported that one Dermot Desmond was trying to buy into media companies such as Real Radio so it may be worth seeking to find out who the share holders are and who may be behind any off shore companies who have bought into the media in the last two to three years. If we want to get to the truth about how things are being organised against us then we could do a lot worse than to follow the money.

plenty of Rangers fans have not bought the record for years, don't listen to clyde1 and have never watched channel 4 news,

Channel 4 news is 3rd rate pish which no one watches.

Was hoping you meant something more like this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlaETKk3M4

Seriously though, you're idea is worth considering.

Was hoping you meant something more like this...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFlaETKk3M4

Seriously though, you're idea is worth considering.

Alas not, this is what they have been trying to provoke for months. It's time to hit them where it hurts in their pockets. I would also say that I back any boycotts of SPL clubs in the future and would extend this to any SFL club who vote for the 12-12-18 proposal as a means of getting extra away days by having us play them next season or in the remainder of the current one. They have been trying to paint a picture that they are all doing so well, but the truth hurts they need our attendances and our TV money to survive. For that reason I would also back a potential boycott of any TV subscriptions with SKY or any other TV company that a deal is signed with while or share of the pot is being redistributed to the other clubs. This should also be the case as to any pubs/clubs with a Rangers client base. Viewing figures for non-Rangers games have dropped this season, so how viable without our TV audience would any new TV contracts be for the future.

Alas not, this is what they have been trying to provoke for months. It's time to hit them where it hurts in their pockets. I would also say that I back any boycotts of SPL clubs in the future and would extend this to any SFL club who vote for the 12-12-18 proposal as a means of getting extra away days by having us play them next season or in the remainder of the current one. They have been trying to paint a picture that they are all doing so well, but the truth hurts they need our attendances and our TV money to survive. For that reason I would also back a potential boycott of any TV subscriptions with SKY or any other TV company that a deal is signed with while or share of the pot is being redistributed to the other clubs. This should also be the case as to any pubs/clubs with a Rangers client base. Viewing figures for non-Rangers games have dropped this season, so how viable without our TV audience would any new TV contracts be for the future.

I like your thinking here.

It will get my support and others will support it too, but some will feel that Sky Sports is too much a part of their life.

I would ask, does your Sky Package really mean more to you than Rangers?

It will get my support and others will support it too, but some will feel that Sky Sports is too much a part of their life.

No, I got rid of mine when I saw the way things were starting to pan out before the start of the season.

What we really need to do is to bring up our children and ensure their education and talents are not wasted by working in jobs that are not suitable for them.

Focus our youth on journalism, business, politics to name but a few. A long term plan (much like the taig population has been doing for the past 30 years) is the only viable way to topple this sham.

On a related note, it's pretty much a given that any time a taig finds himself in a position of power, he fucks it up so we need to be ready when that time comes.

What we really need to do is to bring up our children and ensure their education and talents are not wasted by working in jobs that are not suitable for them.

Focus our youth on journalism, business, politics to name but a few. A long term plan (much like the taig population has been doing for the past 30 years) is the only viable way to topple this sham.

On a related note, it's pretty much a given that any time a taig finds himself in a position of power, he fucks it up so we need to be ready when that time comes.

I totally agree with your sentiment regarding education, I see too many people being funnelled towards training for jobs in industry don't exist anymore and probably will never return. Over the last seven years I have seen a growth in courses in media studies both on and off line, I all ways wondered why so many were drawn to an industry such as this in such a small country. I have now had to re-evaluate my view on this as I now see that anybody who can get enough cash together can start his own on-line media empire that can eclipse the daily sales on the printed media for a fraction of the cost. These people can choose to follow a true journalistic path reporting the truth and investigating real injustices or as we have seen over the last three years can choose to pedal half truths, unsubstantiated reports or just plain lies to support an agenda. I wonder who that reminds you off, at least two come to my mind. The only thing I disagree with is your use of the word "taig", I believe that if we are to be effective in our pursuit of justice that we rid ourselves of this sort of language. In a nutshell leave the slurs to the other lot, our case is best served if we use this media to tell the truth of our story around the world and therefore bring pressure on those who have stolen control in our own country. By using language such as "taig" or "fennian" we are only dragging ourselves down and giving the opposition a means of discrediting what we say about the current situation around the world.

You don't combat the media as such. Whether we like it or not the Rangers narrative has been fairly abyssmal for over a decade. That wasn't the media, that was done from within; the story was a shambles. When there was success the media was kinder. A good media comes from within. Advertising is so lucrative because people set about creating their own narrative: when you advertise you have autonomy over the script, and you can have written all kinds of nice things about yourself. I think the Rangers narrative is improving, albeit slowly, but it is changing.

You don't combat the media as such. Whether we like it or not the Rangers narrative has been fairly abyssmal for over a decade. That wasn't the media, that was done from within; the story was a shambles. When there was success the media was kinder. A good media comes from within. Advertising is so lucrative because people set about creating their own narrative: when you advertise you have autonomy over the script, and you can have written all kinds of nice things about yourself. I think the Rangers narrative is improving, albeit slowly, but it is changing.

Most astute observation I've read on here for some time.

I used to say 30 year ago that the apartheid schools had dropped two periods of English to bring Referee lessons into the apartheid schools .

curriculum

Plus since the 80s the number of all rc solicitors firms has been frightening in the growth of their numbers in the Glasgow area,

Nobody's explained to my satisfaction what Sky have done wrong in all this, can you tell me why I should cancel my Sky package? I don't specifically subscribe to Sports, I have the Sky World package which includes everything. On what basis does that mean my Sky package is more important than Rangers? :unsure:

Nobody's explained to my satisfaction what Sky have done wrong in all this, can you tell me why I should cancel my Sky package? I don't specifically subscribe to Sports, I have the Sky World package which includes everything. On what basis does that mean my Sky package is more important than Rangers? :unsure:

For the 12-12-18 plan to go ahead they need money from Sky. They also needs Rangers to be in the mix somewhere otherwise there will be no deal. The TV rights money which should be going to Rangers will be skimmed off to finance a reconstruction that denies us promotion will be then used to prop up the clubs who vote against us or in the case of the SFL see us as a twice a year cash cow, while strengthening their own squads at our expense which could easily further down the line slow our return to the top. Therefore if they try and go ahead Sky must understand that they will lose revenue from the Rangers fans and may have to think twice about funding our enemies. At the moment the fans spending power is one of the few effective options open to do damage to those who would harm our club therefore we may have to consider a boycott of Sky sports, Simples. :cheers:

For the 12-12-18 plan to go ahead they need money from Sky. They also needs Rangers to be in the mix somewhere otherwise there will be no deal. The TV rights money which should be going to Rangers will be skimmed off to finance a reconstruction that denies us promotion will be then used to prop up the clubs who vote against us or in the case of the SFL see us as a twice a year cash cow, while strengthening their own squads at our expense which could easily further down the line slow our return to the top. Therefore if they try and go ahead Sky must understand that they will lose revenue from the Rangers fans and may have to think twice about funding our enemies. At the moment the fans spending power is one of the few effective options open to do damage to those who would harm our club therefore we may have to consider a boycott of Sky sports, Simples. :cheers:

So it's a threat of a boycott if Sky pay to show Scottish football? How do we communicate this threat to Sky?

So it's a threat of a boycott if Sky pay to show Scottish football? How do we communicate this threat to Sky?

Well you could try writing a letter, an email or using that strange modern gizmo the telephone. However, it would probably carry more weight if it came through the main supporters associations and forums. I'm not saying get rid of your entire package, just the sports section. The sad thing is if we can't get enough folk for a petition or a total boycott of the ground of one of our biggest haters it's more than likely that there will be a fair amount who would rather not try and bring some pressure to help our own club if it meant they couldn't watch Chelsea or Man Utd.

Well you could try writing a letter, an email or using that strange modern gizmo the telephone. However, it would probably carry more weight if it came through the main supporters associations and forums. I'm not saying get rid of your entire package, just the sports section. The sad thing is if we can't get enough folk for a petition or a total boycott of the ground of one of our biggest haters it's more than likely that there will be a fair amount who would rather not try and bring some pressure to help our own club if it meant they couldn't watch Chelsea or Man Utd.

You're right, very few people will threaten to boycott Sky Sports, even less will actually do it. What do you expect Sky to do? I don't believe a few letters suggesting we'll boycott to have much effect on their decision, they'll base it on the dwindling viewing figures and poor product they're getting for their money.

As it happens, I can't remove Sky Sports from my package. The only way to get 3D content is through Sky World, which includes all the 'normal' channels.