Weiss or Aluko

Troubled Genius

Been quite a negative week in here so this is just a lighthearted thread.. hopefully.

Who did you prefer watching?

Who is the better player?

Who will achieve the most in their careers?

Would you take either back?

I much preferred Weiss, he was just so entertaining and was clearly a class above what the SPL is used to, his first game was just electric against hivs, that run against man ure and that quick free quick. Who can forget his standing on the chairs and drunken tweets about us :D

I think Weiss is the better individual player but Aluko was a better player for the team, he was quality when it came to passing and just keeping possession, Weiss would do some fancy exciting trick but Aluko seemed to have the ball stuck to his feet, there's always something different about a skilful left footed player IMO too.

I think Weiss will certainly achieve more, can see him being at a top European club in a few years, pretty sure Inter wanted him this year, apparently he's doing exceptional in the Italian leagues (tu)

Think that although Aluko has all the qualities needed to play at a top club, at least a mid table Prem team, he may just fade away into obscurity being at Hull, it'd be nice to know how he was getting on at Hull if anyone knows?

I would take Weiss back in a heartbeat, don't think he'd come to us now right enough, not even sure if he'd come back if we were minted in the top league, due to his father and what not, the lad clearly loves us and it'd be great to see him come back at one stage in his career. On a footballing sense i would take Aluko back but something just doesn't stick right with me when he left, i know he had payed his own fees to come and that but what with the back story of him and legal disputes (Not sure what happened with that?) i don't think i'd want him back. That whole squad leaves a sour taste when thinking about them.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoyed watching them both and I don't feel the need to compare them.

I was walking to work today and i just collapsed, felt like a brain aneurism, i just felt compelled to start comparing them. Sorry (tu)

It's in good fun, i don't feel i need to compare them but if it creates some good discussion then why not?

Weiss

Weiss

Weiss

Both

Both probably gave about the same for us although we got the best out of Aluko but not Weiss.

Weiss was strongly linked to replace Robinho at Milan but they didn't sell him, still linked to them and Inter for a summer move. Watched him a couple of times in Serie A and he is doing very well, and would you believe it he was playing on the left when I seen him :matron:

Aluko has struggled with injury at Hull, Weiss has been one of the Serie A's best players arguably, and was strongly liked with Milan in January.

Weiss has had longer to establish himself outside of rangers than Aluko though.

Both of them playing for us would be unreal, Weiss will be a top, top player in the future IMO. :praise:

Weiss

Weiss

Weiss

Both

Both probably gave about the same for us although we got the best out of Aluko but not Weiss.

Weiss was strongly linked to replace Robinho at Milan but they didn't sell him, still linked to them and Inter for a summer move. Watched him a couple of times in Serie A and he is doing very well, and would you believe it he was playing on the left when I seen him :matron:

Must be doing good if he was to replace Robinho (tu)

Wonder just how far he can go in football.

I actually think they were quite different players despite their obvious similarities...aluko was more of a goal threat suited to the role just behind the striker whilst I felt Weiss was more of a winger who just needed to learn that once you beat a man you don't need to do it again..

Would love both of them in the same team but ain't gonna happen unfortunately.

I think Weiss has the potential to be the better all round player but I think aluko made more of an impact with us.

Ahhh the great Aluko , the one that shafted us and continues to try and shaft us but still seems to be missed by some.

Do we really this guy in a thread every few weeks?

He gave a lot financially and physically for us. Remember he paid to play for us.