Will Your Anchor Hold?

Dan Dan Ey

Showing your lack of knowledge. While the Church of Scotland didn't write the bible, they were the only group that encouraged people to read it, in order to read the bible you had to learn to read hence the development of education for all. With Catholics, the only ones who read the bible were the priests who would preach from the pulpit.

My knowledge is fine as is my ability to put into practice the techniques accredited to the church, thats why I am able to think for myself and question the assertion that the bible is able to predict the future, as is claimed in the post.

Given the level of support that are actually practising any form of religion I do wonder why we need a club hymn.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many naive people on here tonight, or many infiltrators, whatever.

This hymn should be sung loud and proud at Ibrox every week, BUT, If you want to sing this hymn then please be aware of what it means.

Too many of our younger fans have no concept of the BB.

I suggest that parents of younger bears send them to the BB meetings, and let them learn what it's all about.

May I be the first to say___________ Utter Shite !!

If ever there was a reason for vetting posters your way out in front....

I don't need some made up belief to satisfy my conscience that I support a fantastic club

I also don't need divine intervention to guide me away from a club who are bitter & rancid

You will be turned away at the pearly gates.

So many naive people on here tonight, or many infiltrators, whatever.

This hymn should be sung loud and proud at Ibrox every week, BUT, If you want to sing this hymn then please be aware of what it means.

Too many of our younger fans have no concept of the BB.

I suggest that parents of younger bears send them to the BB meetings, and let them learn what it's all about.

What whats about ?? :rolleyes:

May I be the first to say___________ Utter Shite !!

If ever there was a reason for vetting posters your way out in front....

I don't need some made up belief to satisfy my conscience that I support a fantastic club

I also don't need divine intervention to guide me away from a club who are bitter & rancid

I hope you are not only the first, but also the last to demonstrate such complete ignorance.

There is a particular reason why the group the poster is referring to is the biggest in Britain - its because they see Rangers as an extension of their Protestant identity, and they happen to come from a community, many of whom not only cherish those Protestant values, but live them every day of their lives.

So please keep your vetting processes on hold until you have an understanding of the beliefs of others, rather than seek to belittle them for those same beliefs which cause them to follow our club. They are neither criticising you or questioning you on your beliefs - what gives you the right to question or belittle theirs ?

I hope you are not only the first, but also the last to demonstrate such complete ignorance.

There is a particular reason why the group the poster is referring to is the biggest in Britain - its because they see Rangers as an extension of their Protestant identity, and they happen to come from a community, many of whom not only cherish those Protestant values, but live them every day of their lives.

So please keep your vetting processes on hold until you have an understanding of the beliefs of others, rather than seek to belittle them for those same beliefs which cause them to follow our club. They are neither criticising you or questioning you on your beliefs - what gives you the right to question or belittle theirs ?

The post I responded to accuses non believers of wanting to get rid of the clubs history..

It goes on to say that without our religion we are not a club..

That gives me every right to question the accusation

My knowledge is fine as is my ability to put into practice the techniques accredited to the church, thats why I am able to think for myself and question the assertion that the bible is able to predict the future, as is claimed in the post.

Given the level of support that are actually practising any form of religion I do wonder why we need a club hymn.

Is that a pre requisite for an athiest "My knowledge is fine as is my ability to put into practice the techniques accredited to the church, thats why I am able to think for myself and question the assertion that the bible is able to predict the future".

Gies peace man. Just because the romans are a political movement fronted by religion, doesn't mean to say that the Presbyterian Protestants must drop their fantastic inheritance.

We're not the same as them, and don't let their agenda to undermine our history trap you as well.

The post I responded to accuses non believers of wanting to get rid of the clubs history..

It goes on to say that without our religion we are not a club..

That gives me every right to question the accusation

It was our Protestant support which helped make our club so big.

Is that a pre requisite for an athiest "My knowledge is fine as is my ability to put into practice the techniques accredited to the church, thats why I am able to think for myself and question the assertion that the bible is able to predict the future".

Gies peace man. Just because the romans are a political movement fronted by religion, doesn't mean to say that the Presbyterian Protestants must drop their fantastic inheritance.

We're not the same as them, and don't let their agenda to undermine our history trap you as well.

You were the one that stated the bible was a gateway to future events. So perhaps it is you that should be distributing the peace.

Im not the same as them, but then Im not the same as you either.