Lies, Damned Lies And MP3s

billmcmurdo

I think you did a really good job getting an interview with him and putting him on the spot with some pertinent questions...there will always be some who aren't content with things but I think once the audio is released it will give everyone a clearer idea of how the interview was conducted.

I think you did a really good job getting an interview with him and putting him on the spot with some pertinent questions...there will always be some who aren't content with things but I think once the audio is released it will give everyone a clearer idea of how the interview was conducted.

Cheers mate

It was an interview, not a chance to rant at the guy

For us at CRO it was a chance to get him on record

There's stuff he has said he can't go back on now

For us, that's job done

But I couldn't have said about Celtic what he did about Gers

It was pretty good work, Bill. I enjoyed it and felt you did will.

I do think he was soft-soaping a few things. He has contradicted himself previously and denied knowing about the disaster when he mocked it, then was proven to have lied by his own twitter feed.

You asked a lot of the questions we needed to ask him and naturally, not all of them could have been asked.

Personally, I would have like to see him questioned over his use of the phrase that we might be "the biggest cheats in sporting history".

I found that remark by him to be totally unacceptable. Can you go back and question him over it, at this point?

That said, good work nonetheless.

Cheers. (tu)

he is a prick. end of. i hope he meets his maker very soon. he disrespected the ibrox disaster and a family member who died thaty day. i wld love the chance to speak with him. needless to say there wldnt be much chat.

total utter prick.

He claims no family member associated with the Disaster has ever contacted him

I am doing a follow-up on CRO and the Disaster is mentioned in relation to Thomson

Is that today, minstral?

Other days it's "Great blog" and "Well done"

That just makes you two-faced in my opinion - at worst

Or just double-minded at best

Either way, it devalues your opinion

If you stick to what you do best and stop trying to be loved by everyone, you write good stuff. You had a chance to put him under real pressure, but instead fell for his bullshit.

If you stick to what you do best and stop trying to be loved by everyone, you write good stuff. You had a chance to put him under real pressure, but instead fell for his bullshit.

Again I think the audio will make it clearer but in fairness to bill if he was to start attacking the guy he would just have ended the interview...I agree Thomson wormed out of alot of things but there's a fine line between conducting a revealing interview and a character assassination...difficult job done well in my opinion on the whole.

Yes you are but if you write good stuff i wiil give you credit. But if i do not like what you write, then i will tell you, but still think that you were to easy on him.

Based on not having heard the interview

You read his responses and didn't like them

So you shoot the messenger

bill you and the cro did well getting him to speak to you. i also understand that there is a chance if you badgered him too much he may have walked away.

i think there are major issues with how he comes across... blogs one message ... interviews with aa different viewpoint.

he is one of a few things

an appeaser

a liar

a schizo

perhaps all three... he accused Rangers of being one of the biggest sporting cheats in history. he denies calling us cheats...

nah bill well done in getting him to talk but he is a liar.

bill you and the cro did well getting him to speak to you. i also understand that there is a chance if you badgered him too much he may have walked away.

i think there are major issues with how he comes across... blogs one message ... interviews with aa different viewpoint.

he is one of a few things

an appeaser

a liar

a schizo

perhaps all three... he accused Rangers of being one of the biggest sporting cheats in history. he denies calling us cheats...

nah bill well done in getting him to talk but he is a liar.

That's the point

If he is lying - why?

It can only really be a climb-down

Which is a victory for fan pressure

Read the page on CRO and having spoken with Shane on here I know that he does work away tirelessly in the background and always read your blogs...........But(yip) I found the interview lacking as more from re questions you than him be pushed to make him uncomfortable in his replies...........thing is I believe you ask a question and let the person it's directed to answer and open him up............I have asked on threads that the lies this man comes out with re our club without doing any work on the subject( I think your interview shows this) well one has to ask did he do his reporting from the trouble-spots in front of a blue screen?

I felt judging by your CRO page that the questions asked were weak and you seem to have allowed him short answers.......his remembering of playing with his toys when the Ibrox disaster came on the radio........sorry but that stank to high heavens for him. Also him not agreeing to a face to face interview was another ploy by him.

We have given this guy a platform to play on and he took it.

Again the above based on my reading of the interview and this individuals behaviour of the last year.

Personally, I would have like to see him questioned over his use of the phrase that we might be "the biggest cheats in sporting history".

I found that remark by him to be totally unacceptable. Did you ask it or can you go back and question him over it, at this point?