Rangers release statement regarding singing at Berwick

Marky.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I havent read anything the club said. If they are unhappy with what the fans sung then ok I dont want to see anyone harm the club but to me it just seemed like a normal away game and the fans were gettin behind the team for the full 90

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3427-club-statement

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3431-do-the-correct-thing

The atmosphere sounded amazing on tv - keep up the singing, just cut out the add ons, ftp etc and no one can complain.

I don't for a minute dispute that in this perma offended, social media driven time we live in some of the songs sung yesterday can ultimately bring damage upon the club. I also think we as a club were right to issue a statement and try to defuse the situation...not that it stopped the usual suspects salivating over it all they could.

Where I do think we have let ourselves down has been in the overreaction of our own fans fueling the attacks and the comments issued by employees if the club like Andrew Dickson...now he may well be very good at his job but he comes across to me as quite condescending and confrontational with our own supporters to the point where I think he causes more issues than he solves.

If anyone is genuinely offended by a song then either get a fucking grip or don't go to football matches. If other Rangers 'fans' did grass others in, that is fucking disgusting (tu)

Its the clubs wishes that its not sung. Did you miss the hysterical reaction to some people not following the clubs wishes re Tannadice? Personally I think the ones singing the 'sectarian' songs yesterday should get the same treatment its only fair and if I've noticed one thing all everyone seems to want just now is fairness.

Its the clubs wishes that its not sung. Did you miss the hysterical reaction to some people not following the clubs wishes re Tannadice? Personally I think the ones singing the 'sectarian' songs yesterday should get the same treatment its only fair and if I've noticed one thing all everyone seems to want just now is fairness.

Both incidents are extremely different imo. So, the people singing songs that have been sung for generations are scabs? Come on mate.

The Club has quickly clarified its position. It should be applauded for having acted so promptly.

Whatever the arguments, it is clear that this behaviour is damaging to the Clubs interests. At a time when a lot of investment is being attracted to the Rangers by the activities and endeavours of the Directors, and those same Directors have very much saved the our Club from heading into oblivion, the least we as a support can do is respect their wishes.

I don't for a minute dispute that in this perma offended, social media driven time we live in some of the songs sung yesterday can ultimately bring damage upon the club. I also think we as a club were right to issue a statement and try to defuse the situation...not that it stopped the usual suspects salivating over it all they could.

Where I do think we have let ourselves down has been in the overreaction of our own fans fueling the attacks and the comments issued by employees if the club like Andrew Dickson...now he may well be very good at his job but he comes across to me as quite condescending and confrontational with our own supporters to the point where I think he causes more issues than he solves.

I completely disagree with you on us making mountains out of molehills, not to tackle it will just allow it to continue and get worse and that will just lead to bears being arrested and the club facing flak and ultimately sanctions.

I do agree Andrew Dickson makes an absolute arse of himself though, someone in his position, with his temperament and inability to shrug off even the slightest bit of criticism should stay as far away from twitter as possible. Though I do enjoy watching him flapping and generally losing the plot, its hilarious.

http://www.rangers.c...-club-statement

http://www.rangers.c...e-correct-thing

The atmosphere sounded amazing on tv - keep up the singing, just cut out the add ons, ftp etc and no one can complain.

Who done the complaining? Tony Hamilton a guy who works for Celtic PR department.

why was he at a Rangers game in Berwick you have to ask yourself?

Who done the complaining? Tony Hamilton a guy who works for Celtic PR department.

why was he at a Rangers game in Berwick you have to ask yourself?

So it was the guy from celtic & it was strathclyde polis & it was the 'handwringers' & it was Craig Burley/ESPN & it was the permaoffended watching at home. So which one is it?

Considering cutting back on away matches considerably from now on.

Really cant be arsed with having 10 police officers sitting filming you the whole game.

Fed up with it tbh.

maybe that's part of the answer mate. We stop turning up at away games. The financial hit to the home clubs would be huge and it would send a message

Considering cutting back on away matches considerably from now on.

Really cant be arsed with having 10 police officers sitting filming you the whole game.

Fed up with it tbh.

yes mate .The Clyde game was fine but it seems there quite bad for the ones like Berwick .It was like that for the 1-1 draw there too earlier in season .It sickens me that you can't go to a game nowadays without these fuckwits getting in your face with cams ,heavy handedness etc etc

This weekend I have seen slavery & domestic abuse likened to singing a song, Jesus fuck.

I like how its the simplistic 'its just a song'. Its, and this might just be a hunch here, maybe something to do with the content of the song. Abu Hamza was only preaching hatred. He never actually killed people so does that make calling for the murder of westerners acceptable since its only a sentence and how can someone be offended by words?

Surely in this country post reformation, publicly demonstrating against the Pope is a persons democratic right? No reasonably minded person can argue they are a benelovent well intentioned organisation.

When a small minority of the population can impose a ban on the freedom of speech of others, there is something deeply wrong in 21st century Great Britain.

Wether it has any place at a Rangers game is another matter, it does none of us any favours.

Surely in this country post reformation, publicly demonstrating against the Pope is a persons democratic right? No reasonably minded person can argue they are a benelovent well intentioned organisation.

When a small minority of the population can impose a ban on the freedom of speech of others, there is something deeply wrong in 21st century Great Britain.

Wether it has any place at a Rangers game is another matter, it does none of us any favours.

Freedom of speech has never existed.

I like how its the simplistic 'its just a song'. Its, and this might just be a hunch here, maybe something to do with the content of the song. Abu Hamza was only preaching hatred. He never actually killed people so does that make calling for the murder of westerners acceptable since its only a sentence and how can someone be offended by words?

Comparing songs to that maniac :lol:

Protesting against the pope isn't illegal. doing it in a footballing environment however with the sole purpose of offending a religions followers is. How is it you don't get that? and why on earth do you feel a football ground is the right environment for raising the Vaticans many flaws?