Rangers release statement regarding singing at Berwick

Marky.

All I know is that we can't sing anything fenian related, the billy boys and ftp and that's wether we're in Scotland or England or Russia. The club as a whole made leaps over the last 5 years. We all know that points can be deducted and with the sfa problems at the moment I wouldnt be surprised if they docked points

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Northumbria police has praised the majority of fans at today's Berwick Rangers game, where a sell out crowd of 4,200 supporters attended the match.

Superintendent Paul Orchard said: "I'd like to praise the majority of fans who were mainly good natured and only interested in action on the pitch.

"Public safety is always our number one priority and given the rural location and number attending the ground we had a policing plan in place.

"Both sets of fans were in good spirits and enjoyed the occasion.

"Despite this, we have received reports that some sectarian chanting did take place and these will be investigated fully."

Three people were arrested at the match - one on suspicion of possession of drugs and two on suspicion of sectarian chanting.

These dirty rebel fen**n wank stain bastards are gonna jump all over this! Im sure people who moan about these songs has belted them out at games before the so called ban so why now is it banned cause those fucks can get one over us?

We are caught between a rock and a hard place we love to sing these songs but can only do it in the comfort of our own pubs or clubs cause the biast media frenzy slaughter us its a damn disgrace those fucks dont even support the troops or rememberance day and fuck all is said!

Raging!

I am with the club on this. Could not get to the game so watched it on TV and I muted it cause of the singing which I clearly heard.

If the "sing what we want to brigade" want to do that then they can pay the fucking fines!

Or better still DON'T DO IT AT RANGERS GAMES!

Do it away from the games, there is no place for it at games.

If they can't get that into their thick heads then they need to be banned sine die!

I am with the club on this. Could not get to the game so watched it on TV and I muted it cause of the singing which I clearly heard.

If the "sing what we want to brigade" want to do that then they can pay the fucking fines!

If they can't get that into their thick heads then they need to be banned sine die!

Are you serious?

I'm sorry, but we can't be singing a full rendition of ' Here lies a soldier' It's just not acceptable anymore. It glorifies terrorism and it's what we criticise the Celtic support for doing.

A soldier of the UVF, explain how that's unacceptable.

The UVF that were first over the top at the Somme and volunteered to help the British cause?

Explain how that's terrorism.

did you not know the words is that why you muted it?

did you not know the words is that why you muted it?

Oh I know the words and know that the addons etc are sectarian and illegal and those who sing them are low class knuckle dragging morons, who should not be allowed anywhere near football matches!

Football should be for the decent and law abiding football fans, thankfully the majority of Rangers fans are!

Oh I know the words and know that the addons etc are sectarian and illegal and those who sing them are low class knuckle dragging morons, who should not be allowed anywhere near football matches!

Football should be for the decent and law abiding football fans, thankfully the majority of Rangers fans are!

I've seen folk banned from here for less.

Disgraceful comment.

Yes I muted the game for 2 reasons.

1. I don't like seeing numpties putting the club I love in a difficult position

2. The commentators are fuds.

1. the numpties?

2. I hate watching footy without a commentator or hearing the songs.

3. Did you put elvis on to take away the silence?

I've seen folk banned from here for less.

Disgraceful comment.

Oh so you support those who the club have said were out of order for singing the songs?

I would have thought you would have supported the club?

I am entitled to my opinion as much as anyone else and the people who sing these songs when they know not to make my blood boil.

You shouldn't be allowed near a football match, or a keyboard.

Seriously? :matron: