Lets Show Our Class And Sing About The Rangers

tannerall

Over the years at Ibrox I have enjoyed singing songs that annoy people. FTP songs, TBB, the sash, anti bobby sands songs, anti-cellic songs, anti aberdeen etc songs. Even remember in the "good" old days singing the occasional racist and sexist songs which were the norm at the time.

One particular old favourite sung to the tune of "Land Of Hope and Glory" was

We hate Nottingham Forest, we hate Liverpool too,

We hate Man United and....and Everton... we hate you.

It had a ring to it, and I'd sing it with gusto.

Another favourite was

Three popes gone and the Queen lives on, doo dah, doo dah.

Again a nice wee tune, and it wound up the enemy we hate.

Now to the point. They are all songs which show a dislike of something or a bias to something which is not part of Rangers Football Club.

Appart from getting some frustation out our system, what purpose do they otherwise serve to our football club ?

If this season tells us anything, it tells us as far as football is concerned no one else matters and we support Rangers first and foremost.

Okay, some of you with a traditional Protetstant background may wish to sing the old orange favourites.

I have no problem with this. I do it myself. I still occasionally go back over the old tunes.Other Rangers fans may enjoy yiddish songs, muslim songs, even a very few may enjoy singing romantic songs about oireland (unlikely as it seems)

Again, I have no problem with this, sing them at home, in a club, on a march, anywhere you choose, but do we really need to sing them at the football ?

(I understand Rangers have a huge protestant support, but we also have a large Highland support and see no reason to sing Donald where's yer troosers or similar at Ibrox.)

Why dont we show our class and our maturity and sing songs which simply support the Rangers and broadcast our love for the Rangers.

Imagine 90 minutes of only singing songs which support the Rangers

This would really show the rest of the world what we are all about.

We can then leave non Rangers songs, to be sung elsewhere, and any songs of hatred can be left to those with a lot less class.

Over the years at Ibrox I have enjoyed singing songs that annoy people. FTP songs, TBB, the sash, anti bobby sands songs, anti-cellic songs, anti aberdeen etc songs. Even remember in the "good" old days singing the occasional racist and sexist songs which were the norm at the time.

Another favourite was

Now to the point. They are all songs which show a dislike of something or a bias to something which is not part of Rangers Football Club.

Appart from getting some frustation out our system, what purpose do they otherwise serve to our football club ?

If this season tells us anything, it tells us as far as football is concerned no one else matters and we support Rangers first and foremost.

Okay, some of you with a traditional Protetstant background may wish to sing the old orange favourites.

I have no problem with this. I do it myself. I still occasionally go back over the old tunes.Other Rangers fans may enjoy yiddish songs, muslim songs, even a very few may enjoy singing romantic songs about oireland (unlikely as it seems)

Again, I have no problem with this, sing them at home, in a club, on a march, anywhere you choose, but do we really need to sing them at the football ?

(I understand Rangers have a huge protestant support, but we also have a large Highland support and see no reason to sing Donald where's yer troosers or similar at Ibrox.)

Why dont we show our class and our maturity and sing songs which simply support the Rangers and broadcast our love for the Rangers.

We can then leave non Rangers songs, to be sung elsewhere, and any songs of hatred can be left to those with a lot less class.

you are on a hiding to nothing my firendwith the bags of shite polluting this place today

you are on a hiding to nothing my firendwith the bags of shite polluting this place today

Well said but no problem, I am a Rangers fan, I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I am biased. Rangers one of most important things in my life. Bags of shite got ulterior motives, perhaps Rangers not as important to them as other biases in their lives.

Another favourite was

What alot of shite. No one would care and no one would say anything about. it. Why don't people just get it into there had, it doesn't matter what Rangers fans do the media will always slag Rangers.

Over the years at Ibrox I have enjoyed singing songs that annoy people.

See that's the thing, most of these songs you object to are not sung to annoy anyone else. In the past I've aimed them at the Bheast's but that's never been my sole intention, we aren't even playing the cunts these days! The songs being sung regardless of your political or religious stance have become part of our Club and always will be.

What alot of shite. No one would care and no one would say anything about. it. Why don't people just get it into there had, it doesn't matter what Rangers fans do the media will always slag Rangers.

Paranoid and defeatist talk, leave that to the Kerryfail mob.

See that's the thing, most of these songs you object to are not sung to annoy anyone else. In the past I've aimed them at the Bheast's but that's never been my sole intention, we aren't even playing the cunts these days! The songs being sung regardless of your political or religious stance have become part of our Club and always will be.

Our club are uncomfortable with some of these songs.

Why should we not make sure the songs that were on the terraces when our dads and grandads sang them not be carried on? Cause you wanna be a modern dude sorry mate im raging this has wound me up today its only a fucking song that used to be our anthem our song we used to sing when going a goal behind all that stuff so fuck them! Nobody sings it at Ibrox cause we all know not to or we get into trouble but when you go away its away and god knows how many people that sit in Ibrox go to away games and think fuck it im AWAY!

We all do it!

Paranoid and defeatist talk, leave that to the Kerryfail mob.

Again stop talking shite. Where have you been the last 18 months? Even Jim Traynor has told us there are people in the media with an agenda agsint RFC.

When Rangers won the tax case people in the media were shouting "it's a government conspiracy".

Some wankers sing about tims shagging weans. I'd rather not have them follow my club and would like to see them ultimately eliminated from our support.

Yes, that includes any members of TBO or Union Bears.

Have you got a sense of humour? You heard them singing about bombs and dead soldiers? get a grip.

Why should we not make sure the songs that were on the terraces when our dads and grandads sang them not be carried on? Cause you wanna be a modern dude sorry mate im raging this has wound me up today its only a fucking song that used to be our anthem our song we used to sing when going a goal behind all that stuff so fuck them! Nobody sings it at Ibrox cause we all know not to or we get into trouble but when you go away its away and god knows how many people that sit in Ibrox go to away games and think fuck it im AWAY!

We all do it!

Why cant we sing the good old racist songs me and my dad used to ? Used to quite enjoy them, now mature enough to admit they were 100% wrong and certainly not for a football match.

Well said but no problem, I am a Rangers fan, I wear my heart on my sleeve.

I am biased. Rangers one of most important things in my life. Bags of shite got ulterior motives, perhaps Rangers not as important to them as other biases in their lives.

I honestly never thought of it that way. Depressing if its the case. I love Rangers. I love my family, everything else comes a distant last

Have you got a sense of humour? You heard them singing about bombs and dead soldiers? get a grip.

I don't give a fuck about the shame the taigs are singing. To see people revel in paedophillia is nauseating and questions must be forwarded to these individuals. Questions like : Why are you singing glory songs about celtics paedophile past ? Are you sick in the head ? Do you have children of your own?

These activities don't require or request a sense of humor to appreciate, they require an eager interest in the act itself. The truth. You also may want to refrain from singing YCV songs if your fed up with that mob singing about terrorists. This is the only time I'm going to lay it out like this, I shouldn't have to.

I honestly never thought of it that way. Depressing if its the case. I love Rangers. I love my family, everything else comes a distant last

No mate you've got priorities right, You Love your family (1st) and you love Rangers, nuff said, be happy.

At the end of the day I go to Ibrox to watch Rangers and I sing songs that relate to my team celebrating rangers.

The pope, bobby sands and the vatican have nothing to do with Coisty and the boys getting 3 points down at Berwick!!

We worked so hard to save our club now lets not ruin it and fuck things up again!

Come On Bears!