Kit Manufacturer Update - Lend me your ears...

Iron Curtain

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going to happen but thanks for bringing back some memories. I've got an old blue Vandanel top from the '90s and they sponsored the Isthmian Leage Cup when my home town team won it in '98. Being fair the kits aren't bad quality wise but I think some just look at the manufacturers name and dismiss it without knowing anything about the kit..

I think your mate, being in Leighton, must still be living in the last century (like the rest of the town)! Either that or he's confused by them supplying kit for Bessingby Park Rangers! :)

Look it doesnt matter what the name/brand is.

The strips will be made by 14 year old kids somewhere in Asia.

As they are for all major and minor brands.

The actual product quality would be much the same.

The whole point of this is not simply about the football strip worn by the team but all the add on gear ie leisure wear.

By having a Puma or Nike would be of far more interest and be far more profitable than a lesser known brand.

Not really if the kits apparently fall to bits

everyone sticking for us having a small time kit maker will feel like a right fud when its announced and probably isn't even a small name anyway

Nonsense the kits would not fall apart any more than another brand.

In fact a small business may well have greater attention to detail given they are trying to grow and compete with the bigger brands.

That being said my point was more about the ability to generate additional leisure wear sales, and given the brand obsessed world we live in, a bigger name means bigger sales.