Quick Question re Mr Alex Thomson

daviecooper01

OK, so I am relatively new on here, and maybe this has been discussed before.

I popped over to the VB site today, and read the article about the above mentioned C4 "journo", whose interest & stories concerning Rangers are well known.

One thing did stick out from the article, beyond all others (even the mocking of the 66 by the statue re-tweet). And I had never heard this used by any member of the media before, not even the more "out there" bloggers.

Did Alex Thomson ever refer to Rangers or Rangers' fans as daleks? (i.e they cannot handle stairs)

If anyone can point this out in any article he has written anywhere, we should be asking him why & for a full, unabridged, apology.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are fucking at it.

WTF are you on about?

I am asking a serious question. I don't have twitter, and TBH read as little of Thomson's "output" as possible.

I would NEVER under ANY circumstances damage the memory of the 66 in any way whatsoever, but having read that today on VB

http://www.vanguardbears.co.uk/article.php?i=19&a=have-the-principals-of-journalism-died

(apologies if direct links to other sites are not allowed)

"His terminology and wording when describing Rangers in the last year has included such terms as "Sevco", "RangersIA" (in administration), "Newco" and at his sickeningly worst "Daleks" - a crude comparison between the 66 victims of the Ibrox Stairway 13 tragedy and the sci-fi villains, who could not climb stairs, in the Dr Who? stories"

So, as my father & uncle narrowly escaped the tragic events of that day in 1971, only finding out upon their arrival home in Ralston later that evening, I would genuinely like to find out if Thomson has ever used the term. And if so, I want to confront him about it.

I popped over to the VB site today, and read the article about the above mentioned C4 "journo", whose interest & stories concerning Rangers are well known.

One thing did stick out from the article, beyond all others (even the mocking of the 66 by the statue re-tweet). And I had never heard this used by any member of the media before, not even the more "out there" bloggers.

Did Alex Thomson ever refer to Rangers or Rangers' fans as daleks? (i.e they cannot handle stairs)

If anyone can point this out in any article he has written anywhere, we should be asking him why & for a full, unabridged, apology.

Listen you sad, pathetic and obsessed individual....everyone with an ounce of intelligence on here can see right through you and your constant negative posts trying to stir shit....I would really encourage admin to ban this poster.

Listen you sad, pathetic and obsessed individual....everyone with an ounce of intelligence on here can see right through you and your constant negative posts trying to stir shit....I would really encourage admin to ban this poster.

Right, so I cannot ask a question now?

I went on VB, read an article, had not heard of something contained within it, came on here & asked about it, and that is wrong?

OK, thanks for that.

If admin is looking in, please close this article & feel free to delete.

Clearly getting a sensible answer to a simple question is difficult.

Youve been posting on here for 5 mins

One thread you quote, "Knuckle Draggers" a fenian term

Another thread you quote, "Daleks" a fenian term.

GTF

The op has constantly reeked since Sat and tbh im amazed hes still here, always talking about something negative, from calling our supporters 'knuckledraggers' to now bringing up this shite which nobody wants to talk about on match night. A huge :shifty: is in order for this one.

The op has constantly reeked since Sat and tbh im amazed hes still here, always talking about something negative, from calling our supporters 'knuckledraggers' to now bringing up this shite which nobody wants to talk about on match night. A huge :shifty: is in order for this one.

I give in.

Seriously.

How is it possible to have any debate when the first reply is comments like "reeking" whatever the f that means...

For anyone with no background on this poster a quick look back at its posts and more importantly the threads it has chosen to comment on will tell you all you need to know incase you thought it was being accused based purely on this thread (as blatant as it is).

I give in.

Seriously.

How is it possible to have any debate when the first reply is comments like "reeking" whatever the f that means...

Its perfectly possible to have debate but not by arguing with everybody, calling bears names and then starting a thread like this which is 75÷ bullshit and 25÷ horseshit. Dont you have a priest to visit?

You want proof I am a Rangers fan - Copland Road, CR4, 4 rows from back of rear section, around the seat 100 ish - 6'3 15 stone. Same seats since they were orange (and then some).

Oh snap...you've got us! You must be a rangers fan...4 rows from the back is what lettered row then brother?