daviecooper01

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF are you on about?

I am asking a serious question. I don't have twitter, and TBH read as little of Thomson's "output" as possible.

I would NEVER under ANY circumstances damage the memory of the 66 in any way whatsoever, but having read that today on VB

http://www.vanguardb...journalism-died

(apologies if direct links to other sites are not allowed)

"His terminology and wording when describing Rangers in the last year has included such terms as "Sevco", "RangersIA" (in administration), "Newco" and at his sickeningly worst "Daleks" - a crude comparison between the 66 victims of the Ibrox Stairway 13 tragedy and the sci-fi villains, who could not climb stairs, in the Dr Who? stories"

So, as my father & uncle narrowly escaped the tragic events of that day in 1971, only finding out upon their arrival home in Ralston later that evening, I would genuinely like to find out if Thomson has ever used the term. And if so, I want to confront him about it.

I'm originally from Ralston, so if you're a true blue we probably went to the same school :pipe:

You want proof I am a Rangers fan - Copland Road, CR4, 4 rows from back of rear section, around the seat 100 ish - 6'3 15 stone. Same seats since they were orange (and then some).

What the fucks your height and weight got to do with anything? Trying to be tough?

Im CR5 Row AA seat 132 and for those interested in statistics im 6'2" and 15.5 stone. My sons, who sit beside me are 6'7 17 stone and 6'4" 16 stone. :)

What the fucks your height and weight got to do with anything? Trying to be tough?

Im CR5 Row AA seat 132 and for those interested in statistics im 6'2" and 15.5 stone. My sons, who sit beside me are 6'7 17 stone and 6'4" 16 stone. :)

Nope, just identifying if anyone is passing before a game and want a chat.

Not about to put seat number on here, or name, address etc.

BTW, that must be hell of a squeeze in your row....

the op is one the Bears lite loyal from ja606.

I'm sure he'l pop back there to report his findings to his dhimm friends on what has become a love in.

No doubt they will all chortle at us "knuckle draggers" together.

And yes, I have posted on ja606 and the old BBC 606 site beforehand, where yes, there are a mix of fans from all clubs.

And yes, I have mentioned this interesting set of posts on the ja site.

Problem?

And yes, I have posted on ja606 and the old BBC 606 site beforehand, where yes, there are a mix of fans from all clubs.

And yes, I have mentioned this interesting set of posts on the ja site.

Problem?

aye its a fucking boak inducing love in with "bears" too scared of upsetting their timmy pals to properly defend our club.

OK, so I am relatively new on here, and maybe this has been discussed before.

I popped over to the VB site today, and read the article about the above mentioned C4 "journo", whose interest & stories concerning Rangers are well known.

One thing did stick out from the article, beyond all others (even the mocking of the 66 by the statue re-tweet). And I had never heard this used by any member of the media before, not even the more "out there" bloggers.

Did Alex Thomson ever refer to Rangers or Rangers' fans as daleks? (i.e they cannot handle stairs)

If anyone can point this out in any article he has written anywhere, we should be asking him why & for a full, unabridged, apology.

So what are you going to do when you get this information ?

Your post have been very suspect since Saturday and the "knuckle draggers" comment is very odd .

Now who is "being tough"?

I would never fight a fellow fan - would you?

You won't fight but you will demean, belittle and critisise "fellow fans" on the Internet? You will post negative remarks, posts designed to antagonise and start threads of this nature?

There is absolutely no chance in my mind that you are a rangers fan but if by some horrible twist of fate you are it's actually worse and you are a disgrace. What self respecting rangers fan joins a football forum but chooses not to post on football related threads and only on negative threads? What type of rangers fans uses derogatory terms to describe fans over and over again!

I will say it again that if admin can look at this posters previous posts I hope someone will ban him.

I'm not going to get into the debate as to what team the OP really supports but as Stornoway Blue has advised I have googled. Please read for the answer to your question.

http://billmcmurdo.w...7/a-sneaky-man/

A Sneaky Man

Posted on September 7, 2012by billmcmurdo

I vividly remember the tears running down my mother’s face, standing at the kitchen sink, as news came through of the Ibrox Disaster on 2nd January 1971.

I remember the dark days that followed, days full of horror and gut-wrenching grief as a country mourned.

This grief and shock was felt keenly by all involved with Celtic, as much as Rangers.

The whole world saw the Old Firm united more than they had ever been in history.

I was not yet seven years old.

Even today, when I play fervent Celtic man Matt McGinn’s song on the Ibrox Disaster, I am left weeping.

You do not mess with any Rangers fan when it comes to the Ibrox Disaster.

When I first read Alex Thomson’s comments on Rangers fans being Daleks, it was actually prior to David Leggat’s blog on the matter. I knew right away, despite Thomson’s subsequent protestations, that he was having a dig at Rangers fans in the odd little section on his Twitter timeline.

Twitter is a strange place because you are holding multiple conversations at once most of the time, while many others are watching on and can chip in.

Thomson compared a Rangers fan to a wasp and this fan, probably jokingly, told Thomson that was probably not the best word to use – given its connotations, no doubt. Thomson used the strange term Daleks in the middle of a conversation with Celtic fans about wasps, comparing them.

In a nutshell, it was obvious that they were not talking about wasps and Daleks – a conclusion reached by many who have read the feed, including David Leggat and my editor at CRO, who ran my piece on the Dalek jibe.

To be entirely honest, I was unaware of the meaning of the Dalek term until it was pointed out to me by a source that this was one of Alex Thomson’s blog-writing Celtic chums sick joke about the Ibrox Disaster i.e. Daleks can’t climb stairs.

After further investigation and verification that this was a term used to mock the terrible tragedy that took place on Stairway 13, I decided to write the piece.

I am aware that certain people in the Rangers ranks who were cosying up to Alex Thomson weren’t happy.

Well, I don’t write this blog or any other for their benefit.

It appears to me that there is a fair amount in the ranks of the Rangers support who bluster but have no stomach for the dirty war that is being waged against the club and its fans. That’s for them to deal with.

Alex Thomson maintains he was just talking about wasps and Daleks and wasps that talk like Daleks. This is a man employed by Channel 4 to go to war zones and report on serious issues. Maybe they ought to check him for shell shock.

Mr Thomson’s credibility has been torn to shreds several times recently by several national newspapers who question his veracity and his judgment. In addition, he has been outspoken in his criticism of the Scottish media pack.

His arrogance is evident just by reading his Twitter account.

His anti-Rangers attitude and cosy relationships with known Rangers-haters have enraged legions of Rangers fans.

Quite frankly, he is just a sneaky mischief-maker, intent on winding up Rangers fans and turning them against the club and each other.

Just like his pal with several names.

Alex Thomson is a what you would call an old-fashioned baiter. And he is very good at it.

So good you could say that he is a master baiter.

I try to be reasonable in my blogging.

But, like many Rangers fans, I am touchy about that terrible day when 66 people lost their lives on Stairway 13.

Only the sickest of minds would find anything funny in the Ibrox Disaster.

If Alex Thomson really was just talking nonsense with no malice or ill-intent, then I would happily apologise for my piece.

However, he does himself no favours with his sneering, sneaky attitude to Rangers FC and its supporters.

Edit - Bill, if you're on here, out your huff and don't appreciate my copy and paste job then PM me and I will remove it. After some of your more recent blogs however I would advise you read it first before PM'ing me.

Now who is "being tough"?

I would never fight a fellow fan - would you?

Didnt say "Fight". I said "Chat".

You posted your height and weight, then said you did it incase anyone wanted a chat.

Well I'll chat and discuss the finer details of you calling 'fellow' fans knuckle draggers.

Im with scarkev on this.

I popped over to the VB site today, and read the article about the above mentioned C4 "journo", whose interest & stories concerning Rangers are well known.

One thing did stick out from the article, beyond all others (even the mocking of the 66 by the statue re-tweet). And I had never heard this used by any member of the media before, not even the more "out there" bloggers.

Did Alex Thomson ever refer to Rangers or Rangers' fans as daleks? (i.e they cannot handle stairs)

If anyone can point this out in any article he has written anywhere, we should be asking him why & for a full, unabridged, apology.

You may or may not know

Even if you don't know are you questioning VB? a quick search on these forums would inform you

Your post reeks, we don't need to be told what the term reffers to...so fuck off

Fat fucks, I'm just pissed off I never thought of his username when I signed up, can't believe no one else had 01