Barcelona, The End of Days?

blueboy94

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks to what can only be described as cheating by Danni Alves to have Pepe sent off, and a Higuain goal disallowed that should have stood. I don't contest Barca were anything but the best team in Europe the seasons they won it, and should really have won it again last year - but some of the decisions that have went there way have been either amazing incompetence from refs (such as the RVP sending off), or cheatign of the highest order (Alves/Pepe , Busquets/Motta).

I'm not denying that decisions went Barcelona's way that year, Clinton is :D

I think this Barca team is starting to show signs of "ageing" now, but it's certainly not the beginning of the end by any means.

Valdes, Villa, Xavi & Puyol are all in to their 30's now, as is Abidal who has also had some pretty serious health issues & Alves isn't far behind them either.

I expect transition for a couple of years but with Alba, Fabregas, Sanchez, Busquets, Thiago, Pique & Messi still a number of years away from their peak they will be back.

Madrid definitely have the edge on Barca at the moment in terms of form, tactics and, I think crucially, confidence. Ronaldo's introduction turned the game and I believe it was the impact on Barca mentally as much as anything Ronaldo did on the pitch...although how that free kick never went in??? Really looking forward to Tuesday's game, should be a belter!

Unless a very quick and dramatic turnaround, Barca's season will peter out pretty quickly after Milan...even though it will end with them Spanish champions will be bit of anti-climax and thoughts will be turning to next season. They need to sort out the manager position as a matter of priority as, sad as the circumstances are, they are treading water at the moment and their are, obviously, issues they need to work on.

Barcelona,like i have mentioned before are not the team that most people think they are,fck if Deluded fc can run them close twice,and remember they should not be in the CHAMPIONS league,why,because like i have stated MANY times,that competition is not for CHAMPIONS.............

Barcelona,like i have mentioned before are not the team that most people think they are,fck if Deluded fc can run them close twice,and remember they should not be in the CHAMPIONS league,why,because like i have stated MANY times,that competition is not for CHAMPIONS.............

Who's the competition for again ?

Madrid definitely have the edge on Barca at the moment in terms of form, tactics and, I think crucially, confidence. Ronaldo's introduction turned the game and I believe it was the impact on Barca mentally as much as anything Ronaldo did on the pitch...although how that free kick never went in??? Really looking forward to Tuesday's game, should be a belter!

Unless a very quick and dramatic turnaround, Barca's season will peter out pretty quickly after Milan...even though it will end with them Spanish champions will be bit of anti-climax and thoughts will be turning to next season. They need to sort out the manager position as a matter of priority as, sad as the circumstances are, they are treading water at the moment and their are, obviously, issues they need to work on.

Jose will be sorry to be leaving now that Barca are on the run