Time to ignore the Thomson and Spiers Trolls?

"Daleks", "financial doping", "possibly the biggest cheats in sporting history", "11 years of solid rule-breaking". It sounds like a damning rap sheet, or perhaps just another sensationalist introduction to another of Alex Thomson's tabloid style pieces for Channel 4 News. Always trying to come across as the reasonable but rigorously investigative outsider without an agenda, Thomson constantly falls to live up to his own manufactured billing, as he stumbles from one piece of propaganda to another, hitting all the bullet-pointed catchphrases we have grown weary of hearing from those with an agenda.

I could deconstruct his every point, but it seems futile, as the man descends into a farcical pastiche of himself, losing all credibility on a national forum. Ultimately, Thomson's much heralded introduction to the scene has proven nothing other than an amusing late entry from another troll.

Watching Scotland Tonight, I was struck by the fact that the Herald, Scotsman and Channel 4 were represented on STV by three thoroughly unimpressive media veterans, none of whom could be categorised as a decent example of a journalist. This isn't purely a problem relating to the telling of our story, but a general one related to the wider spectrum of media output.

It's nice to see that the best performer last night was the Rangers fan, Chris Graham, and credit to him for that.

So is it now time to largely ignore these media trolls, or are we better countering them and taking them to task? Are they a waste of our valuable time when there are more valid causes to fight, or are they more than mere trolls who need to be challenged?

These people came to the fore by attacking us when we were vulnerable. They saw our weakness and used it for their own gains.

We are now on the road to becoming stronger than we were before and these little men will drift away back into obscurity. They will be too far below us to even register on our radar.

Great post i couldnt agree more.these 2 non-entities have had a lot of publicity through our clubs misfortune.Its time they were transported back to the dark places from whence they came. sick to death of Brittany especially a turncoat if ever there was one.Wouldnt like him beside me in the trenches.

I think also its time for the national media to stop asking him and his like on to shows like that - he actually has very little to bring to the party and is simply there to bask in his own perceived glory. There are far more relevant people to be talking to.

Last night, apart from Chris, we essentially had reporters talking to reporters and all they did was express there opinion.

I dont want opinions, I want facts. Opinions are for Internet forums - not national TV and press

It's easier to be reticent, but this is far less productive, and potentially dangerous. It's clear that our opponents understand that the propaganda war is at its most effective when waged constantly, and that in this field 'more' tends to mean 'more' - more lies and more demonisation inevitably produces more deceived onlookers, and more resentment towards Rangers and the fans. It can be argued that the jealousy created by our success has already fructified the ground for their efforts, as is evidenced by the absurd reactions to the tax tribunal and yesterdays verdict.

Negative propaganda is the sine qua non of turning ordinary people against other people, and in allowing the intolerable to be committed with impunity. It is with this in mind that I suggest that should we ignore those who continue to drip poison and misinformation, then let it be to importune those who employ them instead.

I think it time we stopped defending and starting attacking those who tried to destroy us. Show them up where ever possible, highlight their lies and agenda and show them for their true colours. We have good people on our side let's take the fight to them.

"Daleks", "financial doping", "possibly the biggest cheats in sporting history", "11 years of solid rule-breaking". It sounds like a damning rap sheet, or perhaps just another sensationalist introduction to another of Alex Thomson's tabloid style pieces for Channel 4 News. Always trying to come across as the reasonable but rigorously investigative outsider without an agenda, Thomson constantly falls to live up to his own manufactured billing, as he stumbles from one piece of propaganda to another, hitting all the bullet-pointed catchphrases we have grown weary of hearing from those with an agenda.

I could deconstruct his every point, but it seems futile, as the man descends into a farcical pastiche of himself, losing all credibility on a national forum. Ultimately, Thomson's much heralded introduction to the scene has proven nothing other than an amusing late entry from another troll.

Watching Scotland Tonight, I was struck by the fact that the Herald, Scotsman and Channel 4 were represented on STV by three thoroughly unimpressive media veterans, none of whom could be categorised as a decent example of a journalist. This isn't purely a problem relating to the telling of our story, but a general one related to the wider spectrum of media output.

It's nice to see that the best performer last night was the Rangers fan, Chris Graham, and credit to him for that.

So is it now time to largely ignore these media trolls, or are we better countering them and taking them to task? Are they a waste of our valuable time when there are more valid causes to fight, or are they more than mere trolls who need to be challenged?

Agree with everything in that, saves me a bit of ranting as well so thanks...

Most respectable observers will now see the Vipers for what they are.

What has become obvious is no matter what lies we expose them for they will continue to defame the club.

So unfortunately there is little to be gained by taking them on in a debate.

The only option we are left with is legal action, I would like to think that now the obstacles towards justice have been removed that this will begin to happen soon

Agree with everything in that, saves me a bit of ranting as well so thanks...

Most respectable observers will now see the Vipers for what they are.

What has become obvious is no matter what lies we expose them for they will continue to defame the club.

So unfortunately there is little to be gained by taking them on in a debate.

The only option we are left with is legal action, I would like to think that now the obstacles towards justice have been removed that this will begin to happen soon

I enjoy your rants. You're better informed than those in the media appear to be.

I think you may be right on the legal action. I think Thomson and Spiers may both have left themselves open to such avenues given their output.

I hope someone looks into this and I may spend some time doing so myself. It would be a worthwhile complaint with potentially more effect than responding directly to his trolling, which is what it is, since they would lose some of the attention whilst getting it in the neck from the relevant ombudsman.

It's easier to be reticent, but this is far less productive, and potentially dangerous. It's clear that our opponents understand that the propaganda war is at its most effective when waged constantly, and that in this field 'more' tends to mean 'more' - more lies and more demonisation inevitably produces more deceived onlookers, and more resentment towards Rangers and the fans. It can be argued that the jealousy created by our success has already fructified the ground for their efforts, as is evidenced by the absurd reactions to the tax tribunal and yesterdays verdict.

Negative propaganda is the sine qua non of turning ordinary people against other people, and in allowing the intolerable to be committed with impunity. It is with this in mind that I suggest that should we ignore those who continue to drip poison and misinformation, then let it be to importune those who employ them instead.

Excellent post. Very well argued. (tu)

No point ignoring them now we have won this battle we have to keep showing them up for the Liars they are.

I do get your point that this somewhat validates the creatures though.

It is indeed a double-edged sword.

I think the responses are swaying me towards the more combative option of countering and exposing their propaganda.

Excellent post. Very well argued. (tu)

It is indeed a double-edged sword.

I think the responses are swaying me towards the more combative option of countering and exposing their propaganda.

:clap:

Take the fight to them Oleg you are better equipped than most

The two "reporters" and the lickspittle that is Spiers who tried to belittle Lord Nimmo Smith's report last night are only the tip of a Titanic-sinking-type iceberg of Rangers-hating wankers who won't stop sniping. Full stop.

As far as Toxic Thomson goes, he will slither back under his Ch-4 rock in middle England and try to distance himself from all of this (the sleekit bastard was attempting to do that last night with his fawning"I agree with Chris" remark) and he will cease to be part of the problem - the other two (English and Creep) will continue their onslaught on BBC Scotland (radio and TV) and in Spiers' case, on any media outlet that will pay him a fee for appearing.

These two bastards must be challenged at every turn. Spiers was shown up last night as a man with no class.

I look forward to his "Ashton Lane" moment.

I think also its time for the national media to stop asking him and his like on to shows like that - he actually has very little to bring to the party and is simply there to bask in his own perceieved glory. There are far more relevant people to be talking to.

Last night, apart from Chris, we essentially had reporters talking to reporters and all they did was express there opinion.

I dont want opionions, I want facts. Opinions are for Internet forums - not national TV and press

Good post Cushy (tu)

The two "reporters" and the lickspittle that is Spiers who tried to belittle Lord Nimmo Smith's report last night are only the tip of a Titanic-sinking-type iceberg of Rangers-hating wankers who won't stop sniping. Full stop.

As far as Toxic Thomson goes, he will slither back under his Ch-4 rock in middle England and try to distance himself from all of this (the sleekit bastard was attempting to do that last night with his fawning"I agree with Chris" remark) and he will cease to be part of the problem - the other two (English and Creep) will continue their onslaught on BBC Scotland (radio and TV) and in Spiers' case, on any media outlet that will pay him a fee for appearing.

These two bastards must be challenged at every turn. Spiers was shown up last night as a man with no class.

I look forward to his "Ashton Lane" moment.

We can defeat them with words & facts.

Anything else is unacceptable.

It seems like anytime that some kind of big news breaks about Rangers Spiers always finds his way on to one platform or another be it Radio or TV.

The amount of different broadcasters that give him a gig as well is astonishing, He is always at the centre of everything anytime news breaks about Rangers usually to put the boot in.

As for Thomson i think this troll is almost about to give up and move on to a real news story now, he can't tell lies anymore so that's his blogspot shot to bits.

No more Rangers did not pay £140m in tax lies and no more Rangers cheated lies.

Expect a few digs at Rangers over the next few weeks then the disappearance back into obscurity.

We can defeat them with words & facts.

Anything else is unacceptable.

Did I suggest anything other than 'words'?

I just added that, if (when?) his Ashton Lane moment comes, I will cheer from the rafters.

It's a free country and I can choose to celebrate his impending downfall in my own way. :7325:

I thought the idea was to cut-off the oxygen from these people. Surely the viewing audience, when faced with the same droning drivel from the same droning heads, will follow suit. However, your project sounds too enticing to miss, OK. Dispatch them in style, brother.

It seems like anytime that some kind of big news breaks about Rangers Spiers always finds his way on to one platform or another be it Radio or TV.

The amount of different broadcasters that give him a gig as well is astonishing, He is always at the centre of everything anytime news breaks about Rangers usually to put the boot in.

As for Thomson i think this troll is almost about to give up and move on to a real news story now, he can't tell lies anymore so that's his blogspot shot to bits.

No more Rangers did not pay £140m in tax lies and no more Rangers cheated lies.

Expect a few digs at Rangers over the next few weeks then the disappearance back into obscurity.

He talks over the top of people to an annoying degree...

He knows fuck all about our culture. He watches from the outside fucking wannabe snob.