Lord Advocate Frank Mulholland: I'm a Green Brigade fan

We need to get these fenians tae fuck..............

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/4821995/Lord-Advocate-Frank-Mulholland-Im-a-Green-Brigade-fan.html

SCOTLAND’S top lawman last night revealed he is a FAN of Celtic’s hardcore Green Brigade supporters’ group — and slammed critics of new anti-bigotry laws.

In an exclusive interview with The Scottish Sun, Lord Advocate Frank Mulholland praised the controversial Parkhead ultras who have been blasted over IRA songs and Poppy Day protests.

He said the colourful Hoops diehards and Rangers counterparts the Union Bears bring atmosphere and passion to games — but insisted members MUST behave on match days.

Avid football follower Mr Mulholland said: “I’m a big fan of ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ.

“They have improved the atmosphere and brought fantastic noise and support to Celtic Park. But there’s a line in the sand. Bring that brilliant support. Bring that banner display.

“But don’t engage in racist, sectarian or offensive chanting.”

Mr Mulholland denied campaigners’ claims that innocent fans are being criminalised by over-zealous cops enforcing the SNP’s crackdown on soccer yobs.

Critics of last year’s Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications Act — brought in to tackle sectarian abuse — say existing statutes covered the problem.

Crime expert Dr Stuart Waiton even claimed the legislation — sparked by the 2011 Old Firm “shame game” — was proof that Holyrood law-makers saw supporters as “vermin”.

But Mr Mulholland said: “If I believed fans were vermin I’d be branding a lot of good friends and my family vermin.

“The vast majority of football fans are great. It’s a fantastic sport and it’s part of Scotland's culture and lifestyle.”

He hailed the laws as a success after his staff at the Crown Office prosecuted 177 out of 200 cases reported by cops by the end of last year.

But fan groups say the FAILED cases are proof of heavy-handed policing at grounds — and claim elite cops in the Football Co-ordination Unit for Scotland are pursuing innocent fans to boost conviction rates.

And they cite the filming of supporters by officers as violation of their human rights.

Mr Mulholland dismissed claims of a “conspiracy”, adding: “I don’t speak for the police, but I inquired into whether there is a policy of systematic surveillance. There is not. My target is zero prosecutions — because then there won’t be a problem.”

There's not even a story here tbh. He goes to Porkheid and he doesn't think fans should be racist, sectarian or offensive.

No reason to get hot under the collar about this ~ leave that to the terminally offended mopes.

Same guy. same paper <cr>

SCOTS footie clubs will get powers to bar yob fans from ALL grounds in the UK.

The shock legal move allows SPL and SFL teams to apply for banning orders to deal with louts.

Holyrood law chief Frank Mulholland QC revealed MSPs are drawing up plans to change the punishments, which can last up to 10 YEARS.

It is thought the call for change came from clubs including Celtic — but NOT Rangers.

Last night it was claimed clubs were moving into “law enforcement”.

Lord Advocate Mr Mulholland said: “Current legislation is that an application for a civil banning order can only be made by a Chief Constable. Clubs have asked whether that can be amended to allow them to apply to the courts. I understand the Scottish Government will look very favourably at that.”

Bosses will use football banning orders to tackle bigots — but ALL louts will be targeted.

We told in January how the SNP was slammed for a costly probe to find out if the crackdown on yobs was working.

The latest move is likely to spark fury from fans’ groups.

One legal source said: “This sounds like clubs moving into law enforcement.”

A Celtic supporting Procurator Fiscal...lets all kiss his arse. Not me.

He admires ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ who are in essence a political group who attend the paedo dome and actively recruit members for Irish Republicanism.

Some on here are either utterly naive or at it.

He admires ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ who are in essence a political group who attend the paedo dome and actively recruit members for Irish Republicanism.

Ficken Clueless, the only truthful quote from the piece of pish "But Mr Mulholland said: “If I believed fans were vermin I’d be branding a lot of good friends and my family vermin" If the cap fits!

He admires &#477;p&#592;b&#305;&#633;q u&#477;&#477;&#633;b &#477;&#613;&#647; who are in essence a political group who attend the paedo dome and actively recruit members for Irish Republicanism.

They would say the same about the UB.

I really can't say why they should be jailed? Unless they are out physically hurting people?

Wonder how many of the 200 prosecutions were sheepshaggers singing offensive shite about those who perished on 2nd January 1971?

Tbh I have no problem with legislation that wants keep the nonsense out of football but it is only workable if it is applied with equity across the board.

My impression though is that there is an attitude that only Rangers fans have a bampot fringe.

A Scottish politician who is an avid fenian???? Well knock me down with a feather.

You get the government you vote for folks.......................................... to think otherwise makes you very naive or very thick

mulholland is only lookin after ǝpɐbıɹq uǝǝɹb ǝɥʇ and the rest of his vermin terrorist pals because they are gettin sussed, no way are the Rangers groups the same as that shower at the terroristdome and no way is he interested in our welfare, he is a disgrace to his profession and should resign! :sherlock:

Let's just fill the top jobs with Rangers fans so it's fair.

Fucking get a grip. He said nothing wrong there.

You still don't get it and never will.

Bury your head in the sand along with all the other idiots.

Angiolini before him....Republican Rosie drafting up the Bill. Top Scottish law lords and many in the legal fraternity all under Roman rule and we are just supposed to accept it.

He is a supporter of a group who actively recruit potential members for the IRA. They are politically active, continually offensive and Sectarian but hey let's not worry about minor details eh?