Title 55?

d_mcewan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go again ffs. A similiar thread was done on this months ago and it did nothing but divide! We could do without that again.

Apologies, I wasn't aware of any other threads hence me starting one. Just wanted peoples opinion on it thats all.

We seem to have a thread like this every few weeks....I think it's important to acknowledge this league title and any future lower league titles but I think it's important to make the distinction between a league title and champions of Scotland! Our 55th championship will be the sweetest of the lot...

55th title for me I'm afraid.

We can only win the league that's put in front of us and for all of our history (bar this season) we've been in the top flight so the question was irrelevant. To not include this title as our 55th would demean the achievements of all the teams that have won the Div 3 title and going down that route tells others that we think the titles for Div's 2 and 1 are equally meaningless.

How arrogant is that?

No - fuck it.

"55 titles....we're still going strong."

so for those who say 55, if we were to move to England and win whatever league we were put in would you count that too?

For me division 3 title needs to be recognised as an achievment, but it's a different competition to the top flight

Yes title 55, we're all gony get its your first title bla bla so for me its title 55 that's not the only reason though, we can only win what's in front of us and its still a league title no matter what people say.