Title 55?

d_mcewan

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Celebrating this as a normal title would be embarrassing.

I'll celebrate on behalf of how the young lads have fared, but when push comes to shove, it's nothing to get worked up about.

Glasgow Rangers winning a part-time league by 30 points - just think of it as that.

Its 55! I find it incredible how Rangers fans can say its not? Its a LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP.

We've been Scottish Champions 54 times, we won't be Scottish Champions this time.

You can't equate a 3rd Division title to being Champions of your country.

It's a title that should be celebrated, of course, but it shouldn't be lumped in with the rest.

This is serious clutching at straws. Top flight wins only. Ross County didn't get one closer to our record of 54 last year, neither did whoever won the 3rd division.

There is absolutely no way in hell that we can count this as a 55th title.

Why not?? Fair enuf it aint the same as winning the spl title but we aint in the spl. Break everything down we ahould have remained in the spl and winning titles, but because of a conman and hatred towards our club we are in sfl3 giving the scum atleast 3 titles.

So for me its 55th.

I'm only counting top flight titles. Anything that is won league wise in these divisions is simply more silverware to me.

Obviously the lads deserve recognition for what they're doing and they will get that. They'll be remembered as the ones that stuck with us through all this and the ones that joined to help when we needed it most. They'll be part of Rangers history, same way the 55 league titles when we get there will be 55 top flight titles in the history books.

The amount of you who say it will be our 55th League title obviously no nothing about this history of the club. It should not count for one simple reason because nobody counted them before. We won the old C Divison Title 3 times the C Division was the name given to the 3rd division. We won it in 1951-52, 1952-53 and 1953-54. These were 3rd tier level titles we are now in the 4th tier so why count this one?

The amount of you who say it will be our 55th League title obviously no nothing about this history of the club. It should not count for one simple reason because nobody counted them before. We won the old C Divison Title 3 times the C Division was the name given to the 3rd division. We won it in 1951-52, 1952-53 and 1953-54. These were 3rd tier level titles we are now in the 4th tier so why count this one?

What Pish you are talking!......Hibs won the league in 1951/52 we were runners up. Hibs won it the next season then we won it 53/54

Theres a wee line in a song you sing Declan.....if you know your history, as on many occasions fucking LEARN it!

:shifty:

Of course it is we need to keep the gap as wide as possible until we get back to the top. Big Jig said on sat also that this would be number 55. thats good enough for me.

What would be the point in that? Add these titles on until we get back and then chop them off again?

What would be the point in that? Add these titles on until we get back and then chop them off again?

Nope to me just keep adding them, as long as we stay ahead of those cunts. I don't care how we do it. It kills them knowing we have more titles. This is their chance to close that gap massively. So by winning Div3,2,1 it keeps them at arms length. Then the only dent the can make to our total is when were back in the same division.

Nope to me just keep adding them, as long as we stay ahead of those cunts. I don't care how we do it. It kills them knowing we have more titles. This is their chance to close that gap massively. So by winning Div3,2,1 it keeps them at arms length. Then the only dent the can make to our total is when were back in the same division.

Fair enough. I'll not be counting them on to our total personally, but if others do that's up to them.

What Pish you are talking!......Hibs won the league in 1951/52 we were runners up. Hibs won it the next season then we won it 53/54

Theres a wee line in a song you sing Declan.....if you know your history, as on many occasions fucking LEARN it!

:shifty:

The C division what part of C Division do you not understand go read a book Declan....The C Division was the 3rd division do you understand Declan. Do you have it now Declan or would you like me to draw you a picture Declan....check the link....Declan

http://scottish-football-historical-archive.com/cdiv.htm

What will happen should we move to england or form another league or join an atlantic league or something lile that, will that then be an end to counting league winning titles at 54 should we move before reaching the sphell??

Id count all titles won from the day all them haters opted to kick us to the bottom teir of scottish football and persistantly put the boot in.

We may have only counted spl titles before but no-one thought we would ever not be playing in the top league. And although in truth our debt was managable and we should never have been kicked out the damage is already done.

No matter what league we play in we will win titles and i'll be counting every f*cking one of them.