Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

Can't believe this, Super Ally. Give the guy a break. What did we set out to do at the start of the season? Win Division 3 ? Well he's just about done that. Anybody who thought we were going to win cups this year is deluded. I sat through the latest debacle at Ibrox on Saturday as well but hey, changing the manager will not help. Has it been such a bad season? Teams above us beaten in various cups, East Fife, Falkirk twice, Alloa and of course Motherwell. Knocked out of cups by ICT, Dundee U and QOS who are having some season. League will soon be wrapped up and we move on hopefully with some better players coming in next season. We are where we are. It's a long way back but we'll get there and don't bet against Ally still being in charge when we return..

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then the fans should be told not to bother turning up.

It's not like there's a cup run that their minds will be focussed on, nothing other than full commitment is a disgrace.

We know what the team is capable of. We have seen enough 5,6 and 7 goals thrashings to know that. Consistency is the issue and a large part of the problem is complacency. The players don't even need to conciously say "I will be complacent", it's a mindset that just creeps up subconsciously. Previous Rangers managers never really had to handle this issue because they knew Celtic were ready to take advantage of any slip ups. I mean, look at Celtic, they should be 30 points ahead just now, but no Rangers there means the same thing - complacency.

I never expected Rangers to win all their SFL3 games for that reason. However, I did expect them to go thru the campaign undefeated.

We know what the team is capable of. We have seen enough 5,6 and 7 goals thrashings to know that. Consistency is the issue and a large part of the problem is complacency. The players don't even need to conciously say "I will be complacent", it's a mindset that just creeps up subconsciously. Previous Rangers managers never really had to handle this issue because they knew Celtic were ready to take advantage of any slip ups. I mean, look at Celtic, they should be 30 points ahead just now, but no Rangers there means the same thing - complacency.

I never expected Rangers to win all their SFL3 games for that reason. However, I did expect them to go thru the campaign undefeated.

It should be ridiculous scores every week barring the very occasional off day.

Can't believe this, Super Ally. Give the guy a break. What did we set out to do at the start of the season? Win Division 3 ? Well he's just about done that. Anybody who thought we were going to win cups this year is deluded. I sat through the latest debacle at Ibrox on Saturday as well but hey, changing the manager will not help. Has it been such a bad season? Teams above us beaten in various cups, East Fife, Falkirk twice, Alloa and of course Motherwell. Knocked out of cups by ICT, Dundee U and QOS who are having some season. League will soon be wrapped up and we move on hopefully with some better players coming in next season. We are where we are. It's a long way back but we'll get there and don't bet against Ally still being in charge when we return..

Who mentioned anything about winning cups? The fact is his tactics are just horrible. He ran out of ideas on Saturday and for the last 20 minutes brought on Sandaza, to punt the ball up to. Punt, punt, punt for 20 minutes solid and the defenders at Annan were lapping it up. They must have thought they'd won a watch. His signings have been terrible, either that or he's just not getting the best out of them. Let's not start on his potential signings! It's just not working for him. Everything from the coaching, youth set-up, scouting network to the manager needs a radical overhaul. Someone who will come in and kick it into shape and not accept the dross we're being given right now.

I could accept the poor performances if I could see we're planning for something, we're not though. All we're planning for is to sign journeymen to get us back into the SPL. Then what? What happens when we realise these players are not good enough to beat Celtic? Sign another new team, cost us more time and money. Why not get a good manager who has a plan on everything connected to the club on and off the field and who wants to target good young players to install a completely different set of ethos into the club and by time we're back in the SPL it's paying off big time.

Despite my misgivings I have said give him more time. Football, like it or not is a sentimental game, and my head says he hasn't got what it takes but my heart says he deserves another season.

I also respect Ally's honesty, I am hopeful that he will recognize himself when the time is right to pass on the reigns to someone else.

The guy deserves more time to do the right thing, whether that is materially changing the direction of the club or holding his hands up and acknowledging that he cannot achieve what he wants to achieve for Rangers

Despite my misgivings I have said give him more time. Football, like it or not is a sentimental game, and my head says he hasn't got what it takes but my heart says he deserves another season.

I also respect Ally's honesty, I am hopeful that he will recognize himself when the time is right to pass on the reigns to someone else.

The guy deserves more time to do the right thing, whether that is materially changing the direction of the club or holding his hands up and acknowledging that he cannot achieve what he wants to achieve for Rangers

I'm sorry, but we've no time for sentiment. Football is a winning game, we have to be the very best in this country. There is no if's or but's, we need to challenge. We've got three years to build a good young team ready for a challenge.

This shows a pretty big level of entitlement mate.

Maybe but anything other than that is giving the opposition too much credit IMO.

I'm sure they fight hard but they're part timers, even playing at their best they should be no match for us with top flight full time players training at world class facilities.

I accept law of averages over a season means the odd game will go wrong, but we all know it's been pretty regular.

It should be ridiculous scores every week barring the very occasional off day.

Actually, the result could be a good thing. After we lost 1-0 to Stirling Albion, it was such a boot up the arse, we went on to win 11 league games in a row. Here's hoping.

The only caveat is once the league is wrapped up, we might switch off again!

I voted unsure but im thinking if Ally can get the players playing some decent stuff in the couple of months until the season ends and shows that he can drop our so called stars when they are not performing then i would be delighted to see him manager next season, if not then im afraid it would be a clear out of the management and coaches.

How about seeing who votes what or is that too much to ask with these polls you hold so dear, some accountability if you want to gather a more accurate count on this rangers fans only forum.

I voted yes. Thanks for everything Ally but it's time to go. (tu)

P.S, I know you voted 'No' ;)

He should be given a chance to built his own team. Without all the nonsense he had to put up with over the last transfer window where he didnt even know what league hed be in.

He should be given a chance to built his own team. Without all the nonsense he had to put up with over the last transfer window where he didnt even know what league hed be in.

Have you forgotten his first season when he signed more players than he has this season...

I've always said I'd make my judgement on Ally after next year so I stick by my thoughts. After he gets a good pre-season and some signings in Sep/Jan I'll put forward my opinion on his future with Rangers. Right now the goal is to win the league, I didn't expect anything more at the start of the season (well maybe the Ramsdens cup) :P

the thread title then question is a bit of a double negative.

i want him invovled in the club - he's a good no.2 to have in the dressing room, good for moral and so on - but that would be insulting to him now.

The thought of him being sacked sickens me aswell, and i can't see him stepping a side of his own accord, so it's a tough situation - but he's not the man to manage the club - we're just wasting time & resources under him. I'm not even confident he can get us back to the top in consecutive seasons.