Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the start of the season l thought that Ally should get at least 2 years to get on with the job, probably a part of that was out of sentiment because l love the guy so much. But l was expecting to see signs of us playing a more expansive game, a bit easier on the eye, but it's getting harder and harder to defend him now, because the football is so bad, with no signs of improvement.

Now l still think he should get till christmas, as it would be fair to Ally after all he has done for the club, but if there's still no signs of improvement by then, well l'm affraid his time must be up, because we cant allow Rangers to just drift along with no real leadership in the dugout.

Plus if you bring a new man in then he has the January window to make some changes.

We should almost be playing exhibition football against 3rd division teams at Ibrox ... perhaps less so in the first half when the opposition are like dervishes but our superior fitness means we should come onto a good game every week and it's just not happening

Make a poll to gather a general idea how fans on a forum feel etc, then tell people who didn't vote as I hoped that they ain't thinking right, can't separate ally legend and ally the manager and I'll twist peoples comments to suit my own opinion.

Outwith the forum ally still has plenty behind him so I hope he turns it around.

For me the greatest ranger of all time but as far as managers go I'm afraid ally's lacking. We shouldn't be getting beat by part time teams in division 3, playing negative football or continually playing players out of position. It hasn't been working for a while and although it does pain me to say it, it'd be best in the clubs interests to bring in another manager with fresh ideas.

Just a thought but who at Rangers decides who the new boss would be?

Also, I think we would know by now if Ally had even the makings of a good manager. The only thing for me is that all the upheaval of the last year muddies the waters and makes it harder to be sure.

You could know for sure by seeing what he does next season. However that may hold us back long term...

In my mind it's not a black n white issue!

Help the save the club, work for months without pay, win the league, get sacked.

Yeah ok. Would be shameful and Charles Green would undo every good bit of work since he got here.

No one is saying sack him.

We can't however let our progress on the park suffer because of blind loyalty, if results and perfromances in the bottom pit of Scottish football are below the standards of Rangers then regardless of who is manager questions will be asked.

Help the save the club, work for months without pay, win the league, get sacked.

Yeah ok. Would be shameful and Charles Green would undo every good bit of work since he got here.

Nonsense, Charles Green would be taking a brave decision and not letting sentiment get in the way.

No one is saying sack him.

We can't however let our progress on the park suffer because of blind loyalty, if results and perfromances in the bottom pit of Scottish football are below the standards of Rangers then regardless of who is manager questions will be asked.

The ideal situation is for him to resign with dignity and go out having won a trophy, but if he won't consider it then sacking him would be the only option eventually.

The ideal situation is for him to resign with dignity and go out having won a trophy, but if he won't consider it then sacking him would be the only option eventually.

If there is no progress then maybe but sacking Ally would be a dangerous game for Green as many fans are still behind the manager, I notice more changing stance after each poor performance though.

I'd hate for him to be sacked after eveeything, I really would.

The standard of play and some of the results have been shocking at times, but I think the time allowed to put any team on the park was so short I think Ally should be given the whole of next year to improve the team/squad and the overall standard of play. This season was always going to be harder than some expected.

The previous poll was deleted by accident and had a similar amount of votes but showed about 60% wanted him gone.

I don't ever remember seeing that. The monthly poll had over half thevoters stil happy with Ally, and the only time this poll was anywhere close to 60% in favour of him going now, was not long after the poll went up.