Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

FWIW the poll is skewed as he has changed the wording of the question at least once since he made the poll.

But if you look in the official monthly poll, the same %age of people are happy with Ally.

This poll has not been changed. So less of the lies.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be 24 months wasted instead of 12, re getting foundations built for moving back.

One of my main concerns is that Ally is not planning for the future merely covering his back today, without that much success ok he will win div 3 , with a team that does look like a rteam and one that he may have to tear apart and start all over again.

(tu)

There has been zero progress in the football aspect since he has been given the managers job and we are supposed to think it's going to magically change next season?

Hmm

This poll has not been changed. So less of the lies.

Oh yes it has. The options used to include "aye, yer times up" and it did not even start with an unsure option. Don't call me a liar you fucking liar.

And this thread stared by asking if Ally should walk now, not in may.

Oh yes it has. The options used to include "aye, yer times up" and it did not even start with an unsure option. Don't call me a liar you fucking liar.

And this thread stared by asking if Ally should walk now, not in may.

That poll was deleted, and a new one was started. Ya liar!

That poll was deleted, and a new one was started. Ya liar!

Pish. This is the same thread. i know this because I posted in it right at the start. So if you deleted the original poll, then the questions have definitely been changed.

Ya liar :)

(tu)

There has been zero progress in the football aspect since he has been given the managers job and we are supposed to think it's going to magically change next season?

Hmm

The squad has literally gone backwards, for reasons beyond his control. Ally should be given the chance to put his own team together before he gets judged.

Pish. This is the same thread. i know this because I posted in it right at the start. So if you deleted the original poll, then the questions have definitely been changed.

Ya liar :)

The original poll was deleted and started again, the previous votes (which were largely in favour of McCoist going) were deleted. Ya liar! :D

The squad has literally gone backwards, for reasons beyond his control. Ally should be given the chance to put his own team together before he gets judged.

The squad we have is lighyears above anything anyone else has in the lower divisions yet we play a brand of football that is causing fans to leave the stadium early.

I have seen plenty of Ally since taking over to form an opinion on what he can and can't to as a manager.

The original poll was deleted and started again, the previous votes (which were largely in favour of McCoist going) were deleted. Ya liar! :D

Yes, but the wording has changed from the original. Ya liar

Fuck this man, i'm getting admin.

OOTSIDE YA CUNT.

Ally is our manager. If you don't like it, fuck off and watch some other team. He doesn't do walking away, and may I remind you of how he answered those so called Rangers Supporters singing "Ally, Ally get to Fuck" in his playing days.

Ally is our manager. If you don't like it, fuck off and watch some other team. He doesn't do walking away, and may I remind you of how he answered those so called Rangers Supporters singing "Ally, Ally get to Fuck" in his playing days.

:lol:doh

doh

McCoist is made of the right stuff.

I wonder if anyone who wants him gone understands what he suffered at the hands of our support when he first started as a player.

If they did - they will surely know what to expect of his managerial career.

I think there's a difference between not scoring some goals, and managing a football club. 2 years he's nearly been in charge for, and in those two years our football, our style and tactics have been horrible. He is not a manager, and I love the guy, he's my hero, but he's not a manager.

In September 1989 , United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone.

Proving only that 'many journalists and supporters' dont have a fucking scooby.

I think there's a difference between not scoring some goals, and managing a football club. 2 years he's nearly been in charge for, and in those two years our football, our style and tactics have been horrible. He is not a manager, and I love the guy, he's my hero, but he's not a manager.

He's managed to hold it all together in two nightmare years and have us miles ahead of the competition on route to promotion.

No one will need to tell McCoist the fitba isn't god enough. He deserves time at the club with normal circumstances - buying and selling players, developing the squad and maintaining the winning mentality we expect.

He'll get that time I'm delighted to say.

In September 1989 , United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone.

For every example of a manager who turned it around (and SAF is always the go to example) there are examples of managers who didn't.

Look at Newcastle, appointed their record goalscorer as manager, totally ignoring his limited coaching ability or experience and instead backed him purely based on sentiment, and all he managed to do was confirm their relegation.

The point is you can pick any example of a manager succeeding despite criticism or failing despite near universal backing, but each managerial situation is unique and you can't draw on examples and use it as a "reason" as to why the current guy will work out.

For every example of a manager who turned it around (and SAF is always the go to example) there are examples of managers who didn't.

Look at Newcastle, appointed their record goalscorer as manager, totally ignoring his limited coaching ability or experience and instead backed him purely based on sentiment, and all he managed to do was confirm their relegation.

The point is you can pick any example of a manager succeeding despite criticism or failing despite near universal backing, but each managerial situation is unique and you can't draw on examples and use it as a "reason" as to why the current guy will work out.

My point was in reply to " 2 years he's nearly been in charge for, and in those two years our football, our style and tactics have been horrible".

I agree with your point and vice versa.

At the end of the day, I'm with Ally. Rangers Then Rangers Now Rangers Forever.

In September 1989 , United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivalsManchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone.

Are you aware of what Sir Alex achieved in the game before he went to Man Utd? Comparing Ally and Ferguson's relative situations is beyond ridiculous. It couldn't be more wrong or less applicable.

To say he will get plenty of time shows that some people really do underestimate Charles Green. The crowds have already started to dwindle not only due to the league being a foregone conclusion but due to the standard of football Ally and his team are serving up, it’s quite simply not good enough for a club like The Rangers.

Charles is a ruthless business man and you only need to look at his previous record in football to know he will make decisions that do not take into account sentiment. If he sees fans staying away because the management team cant motivate the players then Ally and the rest will be off and that IMO will be certain if things do not improve.

This is not about Ally the player and how he turned it around back then because it’s a different situation all together, he alone could change it back then now however he has a squad of players he must trust to do it for him but since he has come in they have not been up to the task which for me shows it’s just not going to work.

A Rangers legend and someone who we all love and admire however he in my eyes is not a Rangers manager for the long haul.