Poll time: Should Ally go at the end of the season?

GOAT

Should Ally step down come May  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ally step down come May

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure

In September 1989 , United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivalsManchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap ... ta-ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked. Ferguson later described December 1989 as "the darkest period [he had] ever suffered in the game", as United ended the decade just outside the relegation zone.

Proving only that 'many journalists and supporters' dont have a fucking scooby.

did you compare alex ferguson's man united beginning to mccoists beginning here, please tell me you just didnt compare a CWC winning manager to a novice who hasnt shown anything since he got the job

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you compare alex ferguson's man united beginning to mccoists beginning here, please tell me you just didnt compare a CWC winning manager to a novice who hasnt shown anything since he got the job

Yes he did and validly so - rebuilding takes time, patience, a few set backs and some faith! The traits of patience, support during set backs and loyalty seem lost on a good number of our posters at this time!

Yes he did and validly so - rebuilding takes time, patience, a few set backs and some faith! The traits of patience, support during set backs and loyalty seem lost on a good number of our posters at this time!

:lol:

Loyalty?

We have been packing out the stadiums all season while being served up utter pish.

:lol:

rebuilding also takes knowledge of the game and the ability to make the necessary changes

Ferguson was a manager who had success at st mirren and then magnificent success at aberdeen before the united game posted by the guy i quoted

Mccoist has nothing to his record, hasnt even started his career at a lower league club, to learn the art of managing a first team, even that wee rhat bastard from the dark side spent a little time elsewhere trying out his techniques

Adding Jon Daly to replace Kevin Kyle is not much of a clear out.

That's the only bit of business we are doing is it?

Nice example, but what about 24 year old Nicky Law coming in to replace Maybe Shiels ( good or bad)

Bringing in someone like Murhpy that can play on the wing, so we can let Little play up front (Because if Ally plays him on the right he gets slaughtered)

I don't think Daly would be KK's replacement anyway, I think he would be replacing jig and letting jig cut back on the amount of games.

what about the young guy from Man U that we are looking at?

What about Cammy bell coming in and replacing Alexander ( younger and cheaper)

Everyone jumps on the Daly thing like a dug wi a bone. He is only 30 and would cost us no money ( so he needs no resale value)

EDIT: and that's only the talks we know about. There are probably way more going on behind the scenes with other free agents.

I think most want a root and branch clear out of our coaching and playing staff.

Or are you referring to the boardroom by saying 'under Green'?

By under Green I meant absolutely everyone who works in a footballing capacity, including a fair few players. If there's going to be change it has to be drastic. A complete change of philosophy, method and ethic.

Football is mainly about players. Ally has to stay for me; and if/when we get better players, then the play will improve.

We've got a team full of Scottish Cup winners, League Cup winners and internationalists, playing joiners, sparks, plumbers, male prostitutes, labourers, unemployed bums. FFS.

Football is mainly about players. Ally has to stay for me; and if/when we get better players, then the play will improve.

See I just don't get this argument at all.

Yes, the players we have aren't anywhere near as good as the ones we are used to seeing in the past but the gulf in quality between them and their third division counterparts is probably bigger than it ever was between our teams of the recent past and the players they faced in the SPL every week.

There is no excuse for the standard of football that we are serving up IMO, especially when we have close to half a team that has a lot of experience at SPL level and above.

See I just don't get this argument at all.

Yes, the players we have aren't anywhere near as good as the ones we are used to seeing in the past but the gulf in quality between them and their third division counterparts is probably bigger than it ever was between our teams of the recent past and the players they faced in the SPL every week.

There is no excuse for the standard of football that we are serving up IMO, especially when we have close to half a team that has a lot of experience at SPL level and above.

We have a team full of the best SPL players out with Celtic from last season.

Wallace, Jig, Black, Sheils, Templeton and Sandaza. Now if you said at the start of the season that a team with these players playing against part time players would struggle to performing games you would have been laughed at. This is the reality though, we have a squad a million miles away from what we are facing yet we struggle to play at a good enough level to entertain the thousands who pay to watch us.

All this talk of give Ally x amount of money or another year is nonsense IMO, he's has 18 months and if people can seriously say they have witnessed an improvement on the park football wise then I think they are kidding themselves on.

How much do we have to throw at him to improve though? We are in the lower leagues and already have a bigger wage bill than 99% of all of Scotlands clubs. Teams all over the country are holding their own and entertaining their fans with budgets a tiny fraction of what Ally has to work with. I don't think we can afford to give him the money he will need to succeed, i don't think the club can afford it. We are already running at a loss and are years away from SPL ticket prices and lightyears away from European football.