Charlie Mulgrew admits he would like to see Rangers being added to the SPL

rangersxfc

Celtic defender Charlie Mulgrew admits he would like to see Rangers bring added competition back to the Scottish Premier League.

Neil Lennon's men are currently coasting to the title, with a 15-point gap separating them from their closest challenger.

Rangers' demotion to the Scottish Third Division on the back of their much-publicised financial struggles has left the top tier as a one-horse race.

Authorities in Scotland are discussing a restructuring of the league set-up, but Rangers will be forced to clamber their way back to the top.

"There is not as much pressure on you but I am not using that as an excuse."

Charlie Mulgrew

Mulgrew is reluctant to be drawn into a debate regarding what is best for Scottish football, but concedes that Celtic miss the Old Firm rivalry with their Glasgow neighbours.

Asked if he would like to see Rangers back in the SPL, the Scotland international said: "If it was my choice? Probably, yes.

"I don't want to get involved in what's going on with that side of things, I'm just concentrating on things at Celtic. Hopefully things will work out for the best."

well well well

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's one tim more than any i know who actually speaks common sense. Scottish football is going to get ALOT worse before it even remotley gets better. Having Rangers in the top flight wouldn't halt that slide but it'd slow it down for sure.

Still, i want no favours. We work our way to the top on our own.

Who cares what he thinks.

Lets be honest Gers are not ready or good enough to play in SPL just now.

We need the illegal embargo removed and then sign a lot of good players. I dont know if we have sufficient funds right now.

And I still want SPL clubs to suffer badly and go bust.

Who cares what he thinks.

Lets be honest Gers are not ready or good enough to play in SPL just now.

We need the illegal embargo removed and then sign a lot of good players. I dont know if we have sufficient funds right now.

And I still want SPL clubs to suffer badly and go bust.

Exactly well said.