Huttons Tweet

You watch rangers whemn they are on the news. They are either playing piggy in the middle or running round the park. Now for me that aint gonna improve you as a player.

Remember press are only allowed in for short periods for soundbites etc... I wouldnt judge us on tv clips.

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate i was priveledged to get a tour of murray park, and access to changing roo,ms, gym etc. I seen their training schedule, as it was the same under smith. Arrive at nine for breakfast if you want, start training at ten. Finished for lunch, if you wish, about half twelve and luch served at one.

Now if it was m,e, and i probably do my mates head in, but a think i hate is a player who cant take corners. Now for me, if black wants to take corners then he should be hitting a hundred balls into a designated area before he leaves. Penalty kick takers. Fifty balls. Free kicks, likewise. In order to improve and progress you have to practice. So if the players dont want to practice, the management and coaching staff are nmot sitting them down and showing theem where they NEED to improve, they will not improve.

You watch rangers whemn they are on the news. They are either playing piggy in the middle or running round the park. Now for me that aint gonna improve you as a player. Beckham, although he is a good player, was never blessed with skill. What he done, and done very well that insured he was irreplacable at what he done, was to be able to deliver the best crossing of a ball be that from corners, free kicks or in match play from the wing. That is something we ,miss, but the coaching staff seem to glaze over. It is an important par of the game. For many years now we have struggled to get the ball by the firdst man, but never mind eh ally et al. May as let them go away and watch the box.

And we wonder why we struggle

No wonder the standards have dropped 10-12.30 training ffs .

It's a shame he doesn't want to stay behind and improve his game, maybe practice his technical ability or dead ball ability which can be done without coaches or other players present. Easy money and no ambition, hunger or desire to improve. A real shame.

I just get the impression that they think its ok to write things like that for all the fans to see after losing at home to players who spend much of their days grafting.

Its as though they dont think its as bad as we all do. Like they think we're over-reacting. Im an avid backer of ally but this is unreal if you ask me. Complete lack of dedication, "ill get my money regardless if we win or not" type of attitude.

No offence but I think you've read a hell of a lot into a tweet about watching a DVD. It's hardly as if he was waving his hands in the air screaming 'I don't care' - he was simply sharing an inane moment of a footballers boring boring life.

And while I completely understand that we've been generally pretty awfully this season, I think this is quite a clear example of an overreaction. Go nuts if we're struggling to win the title. At the end of the day it was an awful loss, but not one leaving us struggling to win the league.

I take your point, I really do, but I think you think that other footballers aren't dog the exact same. Many of them are. Let the guy relax

This wages thing is a bit misleading. Of the two SFL players I know one has a car (mercedes) provided by the club and also had a house subsidised for him.

Better let the Tims know! Surely these clubs are gaining a competitive advantage giving players cars!

seriously, how much can you do in a mornings work?

Fitness training, cardio & strength.

Tactical analysis?

Practice match?

Technical training, ball control, crossing?

Defending? Set pieces?

This is these guys careers, their lifeswork. The should be out there every working on hour trying to master their trade in every aspect of it.

But Durrant's playing golf and our CM's sat on the couch watching TV.

No offence but I think you've read a hell of a lot into a tweet about watching a DVD. It's hardly as if he was waving his hands in the air screaming 'I don't care' - he was simply sharing an inane moment of a footballers boring boring life.

And while I completely understand that we've been generally pretty awfully this season, I think this is quite a clear example of an overreaction. Go nuts if we're struggling to win the title. At the end of the day it was an awful loss, but not one leaving us struggling to win the league.

I take your point, I really do, but I think you think that other footballers aren't dog the exact same. Many of them are. Let the guy relax

I know what you mean mate, I really meant the team in general and not just Hutton and this Tweet. But this is the 3rd or 4th time ive heard about players tweeting about heading home or to nandos at 1 in the afternoon. IMO its ok when you win 5-0 at the weekend but not when beat 2-1.

Players using twitter accounts is a bad idea anyway.

Id just like to think the players would take the chance theyve been given and built on it, which doesnt seem to be the case.

Frankly, while I'd love all my players to be in the gym all day and working their tails off, I don't feel particularly qualified to comment in that I have no clue what they do in training, how hard they work, what they eat etc.

I'd suggest that this lack of knowledge probably relates to 99% of us on here too.

While I think it's clear that Scottish players in general don't have the work ethic of some of their foreign counterparts, I'm sure some of the best footballers go home and relax with a DVD, or whatever else they do, after training.

Regardless of overall technicalities, the point is it's business as usual after that disgusting exhibition at the weekend.

seriously, how much can you do in a mornings work?

Fitness training, cardio & strength.

Tactical analysis?

Practice match?

Technical training, ball control, crossing?

Defending? Set pieces?

This is these guys careers, their lifeswork. The should be out there every working on hour trying to master their trade in every aspect of it.

But Durrant's playing golf and our CM's sat on the couch watching TV.

David Beckham was never off the training pitch trying to develop himself.

:lol:

Least Ally is getting some slack.

The reason I was so against the Ally Bashers is because in my opinion it was the players letting him down and McCosist was being blamed unjustly. But im starting to think he may be part of the problem. Its frustrating watching that at the weekend, hearing the shite on the phone-ins, then checking the internet on my lunch break to see that the rangers players have finished training when most of us arent half way through our day yet.

I know what you mean mate, I really meant the team in general and not just Hutton and this Tweet. But this is the 3rd or 4th time ive heard about players tweeting about heading home or to nandos at 1 in the afternoon. IMO its ok when you win 5-0 at the weekend but not when beat 2-1.

Players using twitter accounts is a bad idea anyway.

Id just like to think the players would take the chance theyve been given and built on it, which doesnt seem to be the case.

A very sensible post. Agree with the majority of it. Players on twitter is a bad idea for sure. And you would hope these guys would be working harder than ever before.

I dunno what else to say really. What can you do?

It's not the hours I'm worried about, it's what is going on during these hours! I could accept lack of sharpness at the start of the season but now mid way through it's totally unacceptable and it seems like we're going backwards. If it were me, I'd strip all players of privileges until they can show on the pitch they deserve them because I get the impression that the majority are just happy to turn up, pick up their wages and that's the end of it. Once this embargo's lifted, I fully expect Ally to swing the axe and get rid of most of the dross he put together in the last window and a few others. The next window will be make or break for him and I have to admit early signs haven't been encouraging as to who he's trying to add to the squad.

Regardless of overall technicalities, the point is it's business as usual after that disgusting exhibition at the weekend.

Unless you witnessed the training session, I'd suggest that is utter guesswork. Maybe he worked them harder than usual? At the end of the day, maybe McCoist decided that punishing a team fairly short on confidence wasn't the optimum way of doing things. I'm not saying that is correct, just pointing out that none of us know a fucking thing about what is happening at Murray Park, so frankly, none of us can really do anything but guess