Do the fan groups speak for you!

KingKirk

RANGERS fans have threatened to boycott ALL away games next season if SFL clubs back Scottish football’s 12-12-18 plan.

Scotland’s lower league clubs are poised to vote on league reconstruction.

Gers are furious as that would leave them in Scottish football’s bottom tier next season.

And Rangers Supporters Assembly chief Andy Kerr said: “If it went through there would be no credibility left. Without a call to supporters I think they would naturally stay away.

“The only thing that is pushing this is short-sighted finance.

“The top 12 clubs are happy because nothing is changing.

“The teams below them are happy because they are getting a bigger share, while those 17 clubs left along with Rangers are happy. They are rubbing their hands at the thought of the gate money.

“If it comes to pass, I don’t think we’d need to make the call. The majority of supporters would question the point of it.

“While we want to support our team, serious questions would have to be asked.

“I think there’s a huge risk Rangers fans will simply say ‘enough is enough’.

“All fans are fickle, you just need to look around elsewhere at the moment to see that. I don’t think anyone could argue if some fans step away.

If that happens, it will have a devastating impact on the rest of Scottish football.

“The wrong outcome could literally destroy what’s left of Scottish football. This would be the hammer blow.

“We are trying to work our way back while others are attempting to hold us back and drag us down.

“I don’t believe our fans would stand for it, and nor should they.

“It’s been an adventure this year.

“But the thought of having to go through all that again, having won the league and not been promoted, would have a very negative affect among our supporters.

“Sporting integrity has been bandied about all over the place.

“Well, I certainly can’t remember a team winning the league and not gaining promotion

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4840808/We-wont-follow-Rangers.html#ixzz2NTSvScWs

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, but I can understand the motivation for the boycott.

The top 12 clubs are happy because nothing is changing.

“The teams below them are happy because they are getting a bigger share, while those 17 clubs left along with Rangers are happy. They are rubbing their hands at the thought of the gate money.

This is what worries me about the reconstruction being voted through, maybe if these teams that would form the bottom 18 realised they could not milk the Rangers cash cow. They might have a re-think on which way they vote.

I still say that if it gets voted through, then we should be put into the championship as putting us in the bottom tier again would clearly be denying us the promotion we rightfully earned.

Under the proposals (IIRC) the top 2 from the current division1 would go into the new top tier (these guys have just been promoted)

4 from tier 3 will go into making the new championship ( these guys have just been promoted. (championship is a laughable name as you dont fucking win anything)

Rangers win the bottom tier and STAY in the bottom tier, this is going totally against "sporting integrity"

So IMO we should be put into the second bottom tier after we win in the bottom tier.

Follow follow, unless my club tell me not too. A precedent was set when big charlie asked us not to go to scumdee septic and most of us took that on board. Ffs ross blyth had to resign. So no thank you, i will go on the words of the CEO thank you very much.

No fan group speaks for me.

I will support an official Rangers Football Club stance- otherwise why support the club.

I do find the RM forum a good place to gain information, hear other and often contrary views to my own, all good information which helps me reach my own final conclusions.

I don't follow Rangers blindly no matter what group says we should but i also don't give other clubs cash who vote against mine therefor if we don't get promoted then through my own choice i'll not attend any away games as i work fuckin hard for my cash and i don't give it to people who hate us.

If others feel they can't live without football and going to these games then it's a free society(partly) and they have every right to attend these games but not me.

Read it again at no point does it say they speak for all fans. They don't speak for me but if we end up in an 18 team bottom league then I will hav e no motivation to attend the grounds of the teams we've faced this season. The teams that we've not played I will attend those grounds but Annan and the like I will go on bus for the day and watch game in pub.

In today's sun online saying if the league construction goes ahead we will stay away from away games.

I personally haven't seen being pushed on here so wondering where he is getting it from. I also will not be looking to boycott any away games next season in the league where ever we play.

Perhaps, it would be wise if some of you stopped 'knee-jerking' reactions to Andy Kerr's statement. He does not purport to speak on behalf of fans, and he is not advocating a boycott - he is simply stating what many of us feel.

He's simply stating that no promotion this year, against the backcloth of new league arrangements, will alienate many Rangers fans who may vote with their feet in respect of away fixtures. He doesn't exhort anyone to boycott but, rather, just makes the obvious point that many will be unhappy.

Over exaggeration

The guy is merely speculating

And I agree with him, they want to keep us down but want us to fund all these other 17 Diddy team in this shambles of a reconstruction?

Aye that will be right, if we are still in bottom tier next season I think fans should and will stay away from away matches

Not nesecarily especially if I haven't had at least a vote....however I and others suggested some time ago that this would be our only power to affect change! We are being used as a cash carrot, as fans to subsidise the bottom18 who would gain no financial improvements under the current deal and to the SFA who want this rushed through for our tv rights!

i would hope the club ask the fans to stay away if it helped prevent this chaotic mess of a set up they are proposing.

As said in the post above, this is our only chance to prevent it and make a difference so it annoys me when i read fans telling and tae fuck off as they will go to away games no matter what :(

I honestly wont be too bothered if we're still in the bottom tier next season. This season we've been playing to get into the 3rd tier of Scottish football and that's where we'll end up next season by the looks of it. At the end of the day we're no better and (positively) no worse off than before, its still going to take us the same amount of time to get back to the top.

I'm not a member of any supporters group so in essance no, they don't. However I agree with a lot of what they (whoever it might be from the RSA, trust and various groups, sites et al) have to say. I find the 'they don't talk for me' petted lip attitude bewildering tbh instead of digesting what the guy has said he is copping instant flak for simply having an opinion that's open to the public.

The only time I always disagree with these various groups is when their ambition is to simply discredit fellow fans.

I honestly wont be too bothered if we're still in the bottom tier next season. This season we've been playing to get into the 3rd tier of Scottish football and that's where we'll end up next season by the looks of it. At the end of the day we're no better and (positively) no worse off than before, its still going to take us the same amount of time to get back to the top.

So you don't care that it's all actually being set up to benefit just about every club in Scotland that had a kick at us last season . . . but not us?

Not a did at you personally mate but i just don't see the logic in not caring about this.

Follow follow, unless my club tell me not too. A precedent was set when big charlie asked us not to go to scumdee septic and most of us took that on board. Ffs ross blyth had to resign. So no thank you, i will go on the words of the CEO thank you very much.

Listening to Green is advisable and on most issues thus far he's proven robust but to religiously follow whatever he says is quite a dangerous attitude to have. It reminds me very much of Murray's tenure and statetment asking us not to listen to the snipers and to trust him as he has the best interests for the club at heart, those lowly (captains of industry) cretins don't know what they're talking about...

Look how that turned out.

Surender monkey