Do the fan groups speak for you!

KingKirk

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute horseshit, they just don't allow themselves to be consumed by it all.

You having the cheek to label anybody 'uber' :lol:

If you think being an arrogant bellend and belittling other fans equates to doing the very best for the club then I must thank you for your staunch as fuck efforts and endeavors.

I'm not being arrogant, as a support we are pushovers due to certain fans being 'consumed' by self interest.

The fans groups need to state which section and number of fans they represent. Also whether they have asked fans in a vote of if it is just opinion. They don't represent my opinions.

On the reconstruction proposals. I think an 18 team bottom tier would be the best thing for Scottish football. Given that we will only be there for one season (hopefully) I am far more concerned with this 12-12, 8-8-8 split and how farcical that is. We will be in the third tier of Scottish football regardless of what teams join us. The whole thing is a mess but as fans we should be looking at the bigger picture and not this red herring of "promotion" at the end of this season.

all because I refuse to follow a script laid out by somebody who's in a group? doesn't bother me in the slightest what bothers me is that we have a shit load of fan groups saying they speak for everybody when in actual fact they don't.

andy Kerr doesn't speak for me, jaffcake doesn't speak for me hell bomber brown doesn't speak for me, how the hell would these people know what I'm thinking?

By joining the group and putting forward you point of view.

On what grounds? Div 4 to Div 3 is promotion...

And that would be the defence..

you serious? Firstly, their own rules state they need to give 2 years to do this...2ndly, we will be in the bottom tier playing the same teams we did this season. Green has spent millions in transfer fees and wages on the proviso the team would see promotion. If he had known that he could have finished last and be in the same position as 1st place then he wouldn't have needed to waste hard earned money

This entire reconstruction is designed to change as little as possible at the top, but purely to get our audience into the TV and sponsorship figures and our away support to keep the other leagues going. It is the only time I have ever seen an entire reconstruction based around the lowest league and one club, but then we aren't allowed a vote!

To answer the questions, no fans groups speak for me, but that doesn't mean they are always wrong!

None of the fans' groups speak for me - they haven't asked me for a kick-off.

Andy Kerr is right though - many will say "fuck it" as they see we're being used as a cash cow for the TV deal and played for mugs (and our cash) by the 3rd Division who are licking their lips at the thought of the huge travelling support doing it all again.

Not me.

I'll be home game only thanks very much if this farce gets played out.

I'm not being arrogant, as a support we are pushovers due to certain fans being 'consumed' by self interest.

Explain how exactly it is we are pushovers? Or how an individuals choice of simply following their team in anyway hinders your aims. Whatever the hell they are!

This entire reconstruction is designed to change as little as possible at the top, but purely to get our audience into the TV and sponsorship figures and our away support to keep the other leagues going. It is the only time I have ever seen an entire reconstruction based around the lowest league and one club, but then we aren't allowed a vote!

I agree with this 100% and its shamefull that the media in this country don't mention it.

where does Kerr say in the article "boycott"?

It says "step away" and "fans say enough is enough" but the way i read this he meant that fans would naturally turn their backs on football because they are an afterthought and are getting pissed about - rather than a fully fledged boycott. That was my interpretation anyway.

The sun says "boycott" not the representative.

i would hope the club ask the fans to stay away if it helped prevent this chaotic mess of a set up they are proposing.

As said in the post above, this is our only chance to prevent it and make a difference so it annoys me when i read fans telling and tae fuck off as they will go to away games no matter what :(

They tried that one at Tannadump - the called for boycott fell on its arse.

The club won't try that again.

you serious? Firstly, their own rules state they need to give 2 years to do this...2ndly, we will be in the bottom tier playing the same teams we did this season. Green has spent millions in transfer fees and wages on the proviso the team would see promotion. If he had known that he could have finished last and be in the same position as 1st place then he wouldn't have needed to waste hard earned money

yes deadly, I'm not saying I agree with it... I'm pointing out what would be a legal defence if you start a case about not getting promotion.. simple fact we would go from 4th to 3rd that's promotion whether it's still the bottom is irrelevent, you could argue it's not in the manner which you thought it would be but realistically it doesn't matter...

many will say "fuck it" .

No they wont, theyll continue blindly and will be generally apathetic to anything that involves thought, action or not watching Rangers regardless. When it comes to shoulder shrugging and saying "ah well" we are the worlds best support. The fact that we are the worlds most fucked over support may be related.

We are a real crisis point with scottish football. Wrong decisions now will turn generations of young supporters away from the game as they decide to support Man U and Arsenal on the TV instead.Yet all the clubs appear to be doing is surviving from one year to the next with no thought about 18 months down the line - never mind 5 years.

To me we are actually concetrating on the wrong things. League reconstruction will not make a blind bit of difference to attendances and TV money. We should be concentrating our efforts on getting youngsters along to the games and not assume they will support us simply because their dads did. The way the EPL is packaged is very attractive to kids and we need to start acting more professional in our marketing of our game. The last 12 months have been a PR disaster not just for us, but for Scottish Football as a whole.

Explain how exactly it is we are pushovers? Or how an individuals choice of simply following their team in anyway hinders your aims. Whatever the hell they are!

Taking away the 'Blue Pound' is our number 1 weapon when it comes to damaging our many many enemies within Scottish football who tried very hard to kill us off.

Sadly they know we do not have a united support who will stand together and use this weapon and this is why we are pushovers.

They tried that one at Tannadump - the called for boycott fell on its arse.

The club won't try that again.

Thousands of fans would have normally gone but instead we had a few hundered. Thats an 80% boycott - thats a success IMO.

No they wont, theyll continue blindly and will be generally apathetic to anything that involves thought, action or not watching Rangers regardless. When it comes to shoulder shrugging and saying "ah well" we are the worlds best support. The fact that we are the worlds most fucked over support may be related.

You may have a point.

OK, I will just say "fuck it" then.

If this goes ahead they can shove their away tickets up their greedy-fucking-jacksies.

I don't give money to cunts who want to see my club harmed.

Thousands of fans would have normally gone but instead we had a few hundered. Thats an 80% boycott - thats a success IMO.

A PR disaster. A few hundred was a few hundred more than 'none'.

It didn't work and clearly it won't be asked for again.

Your 80% argument doesn't hold water. That's like a woman saying she's "partly pregnant". She either is or she isn't - there's no partly about it.

Same goes with a boycott the club was asking for.

As has been pointed out Andy Kerr didn't once use the term boycott in his interview...another rag twist. However lets look at who benefits from a proposed league reconstruction next season...

SPL clubs get more money and are securer in their top flight position with less chance of relegation.

Middle tier clubs will benefit from increased money and profit from a tv deal incorporating rangers.

Bottom 18 will not get any extra money however the carrot for then is that rangers fans will fill their ground for a season to give them extra revenue.

Rangers suffer again....we are being used as a cash cow whilst detained in the bottom division. We won't be able to attract better players, our turnover will be affected, alot of fans won't want to come and see the same teams again, especially if we don't vastly improve our team and attendances will be reduced. All the while the Tims get stronger and wealthier with no competition and free cracks at the champions league.

If any of you can't see the agenda here and the way in which we are being used then you need to wake up. This whole season will have been for nothing both commercially and in terms of sporting integrity...the one power we have is to disrupt this plan by making it public knowledge we won't finance the bottom tier....that way a longer term financial model will need to be explored and hopefully a better league proposal considered for the 2014/15 season...