Do the fan groups speak for you!

KingKirk

A PR disaster. A few hundred was a few hundred more than 'none'.

It didn't work and clearly it won't be asked for again.

Your 80% argument doesn't hold water. That's like a woman saying she's "partly pregnant". She either is or she isn't - there's no partly about it.

Same goes with a boycott the club was asking for.

The boycott worked.

It hurt them finamcially.

Achieving its aim.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would support anything that is official from the Club, I will not attend an away game next year regardless of how it turns out but renew my ST, I will not spend my money inside other grounds. I have SC that can voice my opinion the diffence is they ask our opinion first before they make the statements.

Kerr did not suggest a boycott, he did not say he was speaking for anyone else bar himself. He was just stating the obvious, away support will drop from this years numbers if this proposal goes through. Personally I will not visit any club who vote for a league of 18 .

Taking away the 'Blue Pound' is our number 1 weapon when it comes to damaging our many many enemies within Scottish football who tried very hard to kill us off.

Sadly they know we do not have a united support who will stand together and use this weapon and this is why we are pushovers.

Constant talk of boycotts is turning us into a laughing stock, who the fuck are we to tell small clubs not to do what they believe is best for them?

If an individual feels they can't stomach going to see the same pishy teams away from home next season then that's fair enough, though how it's different from going to see the same dross year in year out in the SPL is beyond me.

As for looking out for ourselves, its maybe not occured to you that RSC's rely on these away fixtures and a widespread boycott will kill some of them off.

Are we really going to kill off things that are so important to us to deprive who we oddly see as an enemy?

Constant talk of boycotts is turning us into a laughing stock, who the fuck are we to tell small clubs not to do what they believe is best for them?

If an individual feels they can't stomach going to see the same pishy teams away from home next season then that's fair enough, though how it's different from going to see the same dross year in year out in the SPL is beyond me.

As for looking out for ourselves, its maybe not occured to you that RSC's rely on these away fixtures and a widespread boycott will kill some of them off.

Are we really going to kill off things that are so important to us to deprive who we oddly see as an enemy?

Suggestion: The majority of our away games this season (and probably for seasons to come in the lower divisions) are televised 'live'.

The RSC's in question could organise a match-day TV event in their home patch (a Masonic club, an Orange Hall, a bluenose bar....etc) sell tickets and raise funds for the club whilst supporting a local organisation or hostelry of their choosing.

A: The RSC makes money (in addition to saving on away tickets and bus costs)

B: They've given a 'GIRUY' to one of the clubs who voted us into this same old shit.

C: There is no 'C' required.....that's it. The End.

Suggestion: The majority of our away games this season (and probably for seasons to come in the lower divisions) are televised 'live'.

The RSC's in question could organise a match-day TV event in their home patch (a Masonic club, an Orange Hall, a bluenose bar....etc) sell tickets and raise funds for the club whilst supporting a local organisation or hostelry of their choosing.

B: They've given a 'GIRUY' to one of the clubs who voted us into this same old shit.

I believe that's what a few of them done for the United fixture, but that's not really sustainable as the thrill of traveling to see the gers live is the overiding factor and the reasons these clubs exist.

We're in danger of losing sight of the essance of the game.

So we have some gripes, out sing the bastards, rip the pish out of them etc.

Talks of organised boycotts should be put to bed IMO.

That's not to say anyone who chooses to not go to games is in the wrong either.

The new set up is driven by sellik and benefits them. By the time we get to the top flight we will only have 1 cl place availaible taken up by septic for three years earning them millions to offset the loss of 300k a year revenue. The second place club.... Ie us loses 600k a year making it even harder to break the top clubs dominance. That lost 600k will really affect us!

septic have to complete 2 or 3 rounds next season before they're in the CL, I'm not so sure they'll succed on every occasion.

As regards this horrible restructuring set-up, can the people running the game get away with this sort of blackmailing to get their way.

I agree with what they say on this issue but no, they do not speak for me. I find it annoying that just because one of many Rangers supporters groups makes a statement its taken by the media to mean the whole support.

I do agree that something needs to be done if the SFA etc vote this through. We cant go on funding these bastards who are trying to screw us, and just sit there and do nothing about it.

I believe that's what a few of them done for the United fixture, but that's not really sustainable as the thrill of traveling to see the gers live is the overiding factor and the reasons these clubs exist.

We're in danger of losing sight of the essance of the game.

So we have some gripes, out sing the bastards, rip the pish out of them etc.

Talks of organised boycotts should be put to bed IMO.

That's not to say anyone who chooses to not go to games is in the wrong either.

I wasn't suggesting organised boycotts - as stated earlier re' the Tanned-that-dump fiasco - they clearly do not work.

I'm saying that should supporters feel strongly about not giving money to dirty bastards that continue to try and do us harm then staying in your own town and gathering together to watch the game in your own patch whilst raising funds is an option some might take.

The RSC's (many of them) will still operate for Ibrox-based games as a good number of the RSC's are outwith Glasgow anyway.

In truth, several of the Glasgow-based RSC's have already lost numbers due to differing reasons and the lost members now make their own way to Ibrox.

That has nothing to do with boycotts or the lack thereof.

Looks like our only choice is to make up our own league.

How long is this going to drag on for?

I actually enjoy going to the away grounds of the smaller clubs, the thing I don't enjoy is the piss poor performance we seem to watch and this is something we need to sort out.

They don't try to talk for all the fans they talk only for their members,so since I am not a member of any supporters group they obviously don't talk for me. In this instance I do agree with them though.If they leave us in the bottom league then of course I wouldn't be stupid enough to go to away grounds removing any detriment such a decision should have on all clubs,not just our fans. A lot of people need to stop being so precious when it comes to supporters groups.

good idea for an alternative, but why do we need an alternative? why should we boycott SFL Div 3 teams, their votes for league reconstruction might reflect what we feel but the reconstruction will be pushed through regardless, in which case we are punishing them for fuck all.

boycotts dont work, we seen that at Scumdee utd.

On what grounds? Div 4 to Div 3 is promotion...

And that would be the defence..

Not if there is no longer a division 4. And we are also moving from the bottom tier to.......THE BOTTOM TIER.

There has also been precedent set before (Stranraer) . They have no defense IMO.

good idea for an alternative, but why do we need an alternative? why should we boycott SFL Div 3 teams, their votes for league reconstruction might reflect what we feel but the reconstruction will be pushed through regardless, in which case we are punishing them for fuck all.

boycotts dont work, we seen that at Scumdee utd.

It worked well as Dundee Utd got very little money from it.