Daily Record Exposed?

JM1872

Posted as a new thread on request.

We all know what the media are like these days for exaggerating stories or printing nothing other than lies, especially in the world of football. It is often said that the media run football in today's world and their headlines can paint situations in a different light, can lead to boardroom splits and can spark many other issues.

Yesterday an article was published claiming that "POLICE FIGURES" showed Celtic AND Rangers league attendances this season to date have been inflated by numbers of upto 20,000 more than the actual figure announced. Having attended all home games this season, I knew instantly this wasn't true. We are all well aware that Celtic have been announcing untrue figures and the Police figures back that up.

A particular statement by the DR was that Rangers v Queens Park in October was announced as being 48k+ but POLICE FIGURES actually were 34/35k. Well, Bears, courtesy of an individual on Twitter, under the Freedom of Information Act, this was tweeted:

34gty6o.jpg

I don't see the figure "35,000" anywhere on the document.

Numbers have been calling for a while now that Celtic be outed for their 'doctoring' of attendances and the Daily Record happily took up the offer... But only on the condition they took us down with them. They just couldn't keep us separated but this time they have made themselves look ridiculous.

I know this is only for one game, and that the Daily Record claimed attendances were falsely reported, but I would be astounded if any of the actual figures DR reported were true - and remember they claimed they were real "POLICE FIGURES". The situation could easily be resolved by further requests under the FOIA and I would imagine there will be many filed in the coming weeks.

So there it is. We all knew about the lies and twisting of stories to suit the media's own agenda and if anybody was ever in any doubt the confirmation is there in black and white.

Is there likely to be any action taken by the club on the matter? Is there any possible way that action can be taken? Could even the Police (unlikely, I know) take action?

This story has legs in it yet.

Posted as a new thread on request.

We all know what the media are like these days for exaggerating stories or printing nothing other than lies, especially in the world of football. It is often said that the media run football in today's world and their headlines can paint situations in a different light, can lead to boardroom splits and can spark many other issues.

Yesterday an article was published claiming that "POLICE FIGURES" showed Celtic AND Rangers league attendances this season to date have been inflated by numbers of upto 20,000 more than the actual figure announced. Having attended all home games this season, I knew instantly this wasn't true. We are all well aware that Celtic have been announcing untrue figures and the Police figures back that up.

A particular statement by the DR was that Rangers v Queens Park in October was announced as being 48k+ but POLICE FIGURES actually were 34/35k. Well, Bears, courtesy of an individual on Twitter, under the Freedom of Information Act, this was tweeted:

34gty6o.jpg

I don't see the figure "35,000" anywhere on the document.

Numbers have been calling for a while now that Celtic be outed for their 'doctoring' of attendances and the Daily Record happily took up the offer... But only on the condition they took us down with them. They just couldn't keep us separated but this time they have made themselves look ridiculous.

I know this is only for one game, and that the Daily Record claimed attendances were falsely reported, but I would be astounded if any of the actual figures DR reported were true - and remember they claimed they were real "POLICE FIGURES". The situation could easily be resolved by further requests under the FOIA and I would imagine there will be many filed in the coming weeks.

So there it is. We all knew about the lies and twisting of stories to suit the media's own agenda and if anybody was ever in any doubt the confirmation is there in black and white.

Is there likely to be any action taken by the club on the matter? Is there any possible way that action can be taken? Could even the Police (unlikely, I know) take action?

This story has legs in it yet.

Maybe we should organise something on Rangers Media to get FOI requests for all Rangers home games this season.

I am increasingly getting pissed off at the accusation of free or cheap tickets aimed at Rangers as well. Maybe I am not worthy of a free or cheap ticket, but I have certainly not paid any less than £20 for a ticket this season.

30kzrc9.png

3 Different figures for the same game, Daily Bheast use the lowest figure, there's a supprise not.

Strathclyde Police need to get their act together, how they can have three different figures for one game is shocking.

All the Daily Bheast need to do to validate the figure they had chosen to print was look on the Wille Vass site and it would confirm Ibrox was full, however that would not suit their agenda.

3 Different figures for the same game, Daily Bheast use the lowest figure, there's a supprise not.

Strathclyde Police need to get their act together, how they can have three different figures for one game is shocking.

All the Daily Bheast need to do to validate the figure they had chosen to print was look on the Wille Vass site and it would confirm Ibrox was full, however that would not suit their agenda.

Where did that come from, is it a copy and paste job? theres no heading or anything, the polis wouldn't send that out surely

If these three are genuine then the person who requested them should write to the Information Commisioner for an explanation.

Try the recent QP game as I think it's that one they meant

I'm positive the article said "for the Glasgow derby back in October" or something to that effect.

Going by the 3 pictures above, if the Police have 3 different sets of figures then you have to laugh :lol: if they were all roughly in region of 1000 apart from each other then fair enough.

Is it the Police who are doctoring the attendances :lol:? Anyway, I think I might file a few requests for the information myself to see what sort of figures are produce. In terms of estimates with my own eyes, the game back in October was near selling out which would make the 46k figure most likely. 35k is an absolute joke, where they got that from I'll never know.

42k is about the capacity that was there v Annan. Does this show that even the Police figures for the games aren't accurate?

YEAH Mate !!!!!! Look at the Score board, its the Dundee itd Crest !!! its an absolute SHOCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dunny .The rebel and Liam have had a fair bit of mileage out of the pictures from that match .Cant remember them ever printing pictures of the Scumdome and it's many empty spaces .At the time I think they had a 3 page spread devoted with around 3/4 pics of our crowd that day .So it seems rather sinister that they choose these pics when taking about Queens park game this season .