Daily Record Exposed?

JM1872

Where did that come from, is it a copy and paste job? theres no heading or anything, the polis wouldn't send that out surely

Hi Gazza

Yep, cut and paste, Pie Shop, looks genuine, did not include a link as did not want to offened as I am sure you will understand this site is full of Rangers haters.

PS posted by a Rangers supporter, if you require the link happy to provide.

Hi Gazza

Yep, cut and paste, Pie Shop, looks genuine, did not include a link as did not want to offened as I am sure you will understand this site is full of Rangers haters.

This site full of haters?? admin doesn't seem to think so

Hi Gazza

I've seen a few of these FOI requests this season now and the only one that seems to follow the format used is the first one. The other two look like they're fake to me.

I've seen a few of these FOI requests this season now and the only one that seems to follow the format used is the first one. The other two look like they're fake to me.

Possible; if so Daily Bheast on even more dodgy ground, would still be intresting on what Strathclyde Police view on this would be.

If these three are genuine then the person who requested them should write to the Information Commisioner for an explanation.

They are genuine, if you go on strathclyde police website and search "Rangers" you will find a list of various FOI requests and their responses, the first one i've looked at there is a request on a long list of games (every home match for both OF teams) and includes the 34k figure. The letter with 46k also appears and i'm sure the other one would if I looked through them all.

This is worrying as the public are entitled to rely on information obtained via a FOI request and it is imperative that the information is correct. Here Strathclyde Police's Freedom of Information officer has provided figures which cannot all be true.

Having been at that game I know for sure the true attendance was likely the 46k figure, there were not 15,000 empty seats.

Found the following FOI request listing a lot of games this season

http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/assets/pdf/22915/Response_Letter_for_website.pdf00142013

It also shows the 34k fogure for the QP game quoted in the record. Some shocking figures for Celtic this season

Something is definitely amiss here, are the police just making figures up

So, the stated capacity of Ibrox is 51,082

21,000 of this is within the Main Stand. 8000 each in Copland & Broomloan, with the remaining 14 odd thousand in the Govan & corners.

Looking at the FOI information from police, the lowest league game att was v Montrose on 26th Jan. Rangers stated 46,273, ie approx 5k empty seats. Same game in FOI details 32,088 - i.e. 19,000 empty seats, or basically more empty seats than the capacity of the Copland & Broomloan COMBINED.

Added to the seeming inconsistency in the numbers - i.e. some matching Rangers' exactly, some iles off, and some reported as different numbers in different FOI requests, and basically whoever is collating these numbers cannot count.

And, to be fair, there is nothing to suggest that the numbers are any more or less accurate for Celtic or any other team.

The question that SHOULD be getting asked is why these numbers are wrong?

So, the stated capacity of Ibrox is 51,082

21,000 of this is within the Main Stand. 8000 each in Copland & Broomloan, with the remaining 14 odd thousand in the Govan & corners.

Looking at the FOI information from police, the lowest league game att was v Montrose on 26th Jan. Rangers stated 46,273, ie approx 5k empty seats. Same game in FOI details 32,088 - i.e. 19,000 empty seats, or basically more empty seats than the capacity of the Copland & Broomloan COMBINED.

Added to the seeming inconsistency in the numbers - i.e. some matching Rangers' exactly, some iles off, and some reported as different numbers in different FOI requests, and basically whoever is collating these numbers cannot count.

And, to be fair, there is nothing to suggest that the numbers are any more or less accurate for Celtic or any other team.

The question that SHOULD be getting asked is why these numbers are wrong?

Indeed, I find it strange how some games match. You would expect it for no season ticket games, but some SFL3 games also match.

The disparity between figures quoted by the Police on different occasions is alarming.

You just have to look at the pictures of Games at Ibrox to see that we are near capacity in most games, the same cannot be said about Celtic.

If these three are genuine then the person who requested them should write to the Information Commisioner for an explanation.

Had a nosey at the site, not the easiest to navigate.

But different requests appear to be made;

(1). attendance provided by clubs to police,

(2) police held figures, and finally

(3) h&s figures held by police.

Am sure I've read on here that police have 2 figures, those physically going through turnstiles (2), then secondly this figure plus those in corporate (3).

Clubs often just provide to police tickets sold (1) including ST holders who don't attend, hence green seat brigades over inflated attendance.

Could this explain the anomolies for the 3 figures on the FOI document????

Just fired of a complaint to the information commissioner's office. Strathclyde Police have provided inaccurate figures as the figures they've provided on various requests all contradict each other. Someone has obviously spotted the discussion on this on here and on various other forums and they've pulled the majority of them from their website, in fact the only one I can see still with a Queen's Park figure is one where it's tagged on at the end of a list of Celtic attendance requests (I think they've just overlooked it tbh) and is the 46k figure. They've either removed these figures because they know they can't all be right and it's misleading to leave them up or because they want to hide the fact they've given out misleading information, it's not for me to guess which but something should be done about it as otherwise there is simply no point in the act if public bodies are able to give out incorrect information with no consequences. We are entitled to rely on information provided by a FOI request and responses like this completely undermine that.

Just fired of a complaint to the information commissioner's office. Strathclyde Police have provided inaccurate figures as the figures they've provided on various requests all contradict each other. Someone has obviously spotted the discussion on this on here and on various other forums and they've pulled the majority of them from their website, in fact the only one I can see still with a Queen's Park figure is one where it's tagged on at the end of a list of Celtic attendance requests (I think they've just overlooked it tbh) and is the 46k figure. They've either removed these figures because they know they can't all be right and it's misleading to leave them up or because they want to hide the fact they've given out misleading information, it's not for me to guess which but something should be done about it as otherwise there is simply no point in the act if public bodies are able to give out incorrect information with no consequences. We are entitled to rely on information provided by a FOI request and responses like this completely undermine that.

We need a liked minded MSP to raise this in Paliament to embarrass the authorities. It's farcical to have three different sets of figures for one match .... Unless they were for kick off, half time and full time !!! Seriously though, this just undermines the reliability of any police information.