Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

morethananangryfan

Maybe if we had people in charge not making a complete cunt of things we wouldn't have angry fans like me?

Why the fuck do we always do things the hard way.

Pisses me right off. if they sign this complete and utter no mark Ally should be fucking sacked on the spot.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get a UK work permit and possible sell-on to EPL etc?

In all fairness they would be better off going to a St Mirren (Goncalves) or Kilmarnock (Sammon), no EPL team is going to take anything other than promising 16-18 year old players from the Scottish lower leagues ...most likely for them to disappear in their extensive youth setups.

I'm sorry, but I can't see what else it indicates. Rangers can't afford to waste this opportunity in the Club's history. I do most certainly agree with you, that we need a balanced blend of youth and experience, but we shouldn't be looking at the likes of Jon Daly. Here's why:

We already have Jig, who will more than likely still be at the Club once Rangers are back in the top flight. Hemmings has scored 6 in 5 for Cowdenbeath in the SFL1 and Little has more than shown what he's capable of. Even the likes of Naismith is adequate for the journey back, albeit his attitude is fucking rotten. When he was given his shot up front he more than showed his ability and movement for what it can be. I really do think that this lad could be a very big player for the side if he'd sort out his head.

If anywhere, the place on the pitch where we should adding experience is that God-forsaken backline. You'd be stunned to believe that Cribari has played 13 years in the Serie A with the way he plays at times. Perry isn't good enough and, although I think he has great potential, Hegarty doesn't fully convince me just now. He needs someone alongside him to nurture his play the way Weir did with Cuellar, Wilson and Bougherra. Nevertheless, this all means nothing if, like you fear, we stick to and resort to long-ball football.

I'd bet good money that Hemmings will be released this summer - his contract is up isn't it?

I'm sorry, but I can't see what else it indicates. Rangers can't afford to waste this opportunity in the Club's history. I do most certainly agree with you, that we need a balanced blend of youth and experience, but we shouldn't be looking at the likes of Jon Daly. Here's why:

We already have Jig, who will more than likely still be at the Club once Rangers are back in the top flight. Hemmings has scored 6 in 5 for Cowdenbeath in the SFL1 and Little has more than shown what he's capable of. Even the likes of Naismith is adequate for the journey back, albeit his attitude is fucking rotten. When he was given his shot up front he more than showed his ability and movement for what it can be. I really do think that this lad could be a very big player for the side if he'd sort out his head.

If anywhere, the place on the pitch where we should adding experience is that God-forsaken backline. You'd be stunned to believe that Cribari has played 13 years in the Serie A with the way he plays at times. Perry isn't good enough and, although I think he has great potential, Hegarty doesn't fully convince me just now. He needs someone alongside him to nurture his play the way Weir did with Cuellar, Wilson and Bougherra. Nevertheless, this all means nothing if, like you fear, we stick to and resort to long-ball football.

i think daly may be signed to play center back , he is a striker/cb like jig at the moment

I'd bet good money that Hemmings will be released this summer - his contract is up isn't it?

I'm not too sure. That would be absolutely shocking. He's proven his worth in a division two divisions higher yet can't get a look in! What does Ally know that we don't? Or, more than likely, what does he think that no-one else does?

Daly can slot in at centre half.

I know it's unlikely, but would such a horrific move be beyond Ally? Worryingly though, he'd probably be better than the defensive options we currently have.

i think daly may be signed to play center back , he is a striker/cb like jig at the moment

I haven't watched any SPL games this season so I wouldn't know what he's like at the back. Regardless, it still doesn't give me much faith. It sounds better than sticking him up top to take the place of Little/Hemmings/Naismith mind you.

I'm not too sure. That would be absolutely shocking. He's proven his worth in a division two divisions higher yet can't get a look in! What does Ally know that we don't? Or, more than likely, what does he think that no-one else does?

A bit circumstantial though. He's rarely stayed fit and when he has played, hasn't really made much of a mark for us. It's all about the situation really. Sounds daft, but I'd bet that Sandaza would score goals in the first division too. Don't think it would be all that shocking really. He's grown in reputation every week he hasn't played for us, a bit like (Matt) McKay and McMillan. Genuinely don't think he'll be offered a new deal

I haven't watched any SPL games this season so I wouldn't know what he's like at the back. Regardless, it still doesn't give me much faith. It sounds better than sticking him up top to take the place of Little/Hemmings/Naismith mind you.

Daly wouldn't come if he was being stuck at Centre Half, not a fucking chance :lol:

Maybe if we had people in charge not making a complete cunt of things we wouldn't have angry fans like me?

Why the fuck do we always do things the hard way.

Pisses me right off. if they sign this complete and utter no mark Ally should be fucking sacked on the spot.

What makes you think he wont be any good?

He is 30 sure,but most footballers play well into their mid 30's. He is currently the captain of Dundee Utd and has scored a goal every other game in the 6 years since joining.

He can play both CB and striker,and isn't really a "lump it up the park" type of player, as Utd. don't really play that way often.

What apart from him being 30 makes you think this is such a step backwards?

Im sure we could find younger better players than Daly, its just that we seem to stick to what we know which is 30yr+ sphell players, whats to say Daly wont be the new Sandaza/Black and just be shite on a long deal. Please Ally/Charles if we have to sign him just give him a 1 year deal with an option of extending it if he does well, no more 3-4 year deals for guys who just sit back and watch the cash roll in.

He is 30 sure,but most footballers play well into their mid 30's. He is currently the captain of Dundee Utd and has scored a goal every other game in the 6 years since joining.

He can play both CB and striker,and isn't really a "lump it up the park" type of player, as Utd. don't really play that way often.

Think people see he's tall and make an assumption. He's a better all round footballer than he's given credit for on here. Ha no doubt though we'd bypass that part of his game and lump it up towards him though

Im sure we could find younger better players than Daly, its just that we seem to stick to what we know which is 30yr+ sphell players, whats to say Daly wont be the new Sandaza/Black and just be shite on a long deal. Please Ally/Charles if we have to sign him just give him a 1 year deal with an option of extending it if he does well, no more 3-4 year deals for guys who just sit back and watch the cash roll in.

Younger better players out of contract though? Otherwise, we'd have to wait until January

To be fair to MTAF, he is already as slow as a carthorse and only another bad injury away from losing another yard (he's had some severe injury probs in the past) - he'll be going backwards by the time he is 33.

Think people see he's tall and make an assumption. He's a better all round footballer than he's given credit for on here. Ha no doubt though we'd bypass that part of his game and lump it up towards him though

I just don;t see why people are so angry about this. He does not need a resale value as he is a free transfer.

We have had many players over 30 years old do a good job for us. I am not saying fill the team with >30 year olds but a mix of youth and experience is needed.

Well we do play that way and when he signs for us he'll be doing what the rest do. "lump it up the park".

He's 30 no sell on value, and is slow as fuck. And we will be wasting more money on this guy just the way we have with Black, Sandaza and Sheils.

What happened to the "we're looking towards the ajax model" that was the so called plan from ally.

What happened to buying younger players from other clubs and bringing through our own younger players.

If Jon Daily signs it's only keeping another youngster out of our team.

For me personally, I'd much rather have Jon Daly & Little up front together than Sandaza and anybody.

Daly & Little would most definitely score goals. Daly is a decent player, one who would certainly improve our attacking options and would significantly improve our firepower.

Kyle's away, Sandaza's away in the summer (if he's not I'll eat my Seasom Ticket) leaving us with Little, Hemmings, Daly (pending) and whoever else. I much prefer the latter attacking options than what we currently have/have had this season.

There has been quite a negative reaction to the link with Daly from a few people but they need to remember the times where Jelavic like players are the targets are gone for the moment... We need to take the best we can get and if Daly is up for it, willing to put in a hard shift every week, them I'm all for it.

Well we do play that way and when he signs for us he'll be doing what the rest do. "lump it up the park".

He's 30 no sell on value, and is slow as fuck. And we will be wasting more money on this guy just the way we have with Black, Sandaza and Sheils.

he does not need a resale value as we are not buying him in the first place. He will only be a waste of money if he fails. You are totally speculating that we will just lup it up the park to him.

And he does not need to be super fast to be a good striker.

I just don;t see why people are so angry about this. He does not need a resale value as he is a free transfer.

We have had many players over 30 years old do a good job for us. I am not saying fill the team with >30 year olds but a mix of youth and experience is needed.

Aye I don't think he's that bad. Can understand it in a way, think he'd do a good job for a couple of seasons though