Rangers open contract talks with Jon Daly.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is the whole forum so keen on Hemmings on the basis he's scored regularly in the first division but so unkeen on Daly despite the fact he's a proven goalscorer in a division higher than the one Hemmings impressed in?

Hemmings is 21 going on 22 and Daly is 30 going on 31.

People are obviously frustrated at the short termism of some of our targets and they are obviously fearful that we will be stung again like we have been with other injury prone players looking for a big pay day in the past and the underwhelming form of the proven SPL players that we signed last year.

When Kevin Kyle went to speak to Ally about his future McCoist said to him he would be going in a different direction ie different style of play.

That was only a couple of weeks ago and now he's in for Jon daly.

What direction is Ally talking about? I don't see how he's any different from Kevin Kyle?

Have you watched him play ever? A significantly better all-round footballer than he's getting credit for. He's basically being blamed for being tall. The comparisons to other tall footballers is extraordinarily lazy

Have you watched him play ever? A significantly better all-round footballer than he's getting credit for. He's basically being blamed for being tall. The comparisons to other tall footballers is extraordinarily lazy

his history suggests otherwise,except for two good seasons in the last twelve he has been very poor and has struggled to score goals in the lower English leagues

I don't see the point of this guy. We don't need strikers and we don't need 30+ players with a past of bad injuries either.

his history suggests otherwise,except for two good seasons in the last twelve he has been very poor and has struggled to score goals in the lower English leagues

He's hit double figures for three or four seasons running in the league 3 levels above ours. Don't know what more you're looking for. Regardless of that, everything isn't stats. He's a decent footballer and whenever I've watched him, has been pretty crucial to other goals being scored by Dundee Hibs. We don't sign players purely on statistics

I don't see the point of this guy. We don't need strikers and we don't need 30+ players with a past of bad injuries either.

We might well be starting next season with Andy Little, Jig and Naismith. Kyle is gone, Sandaza might well get sold, Hemmings, despite the whole love-in, I'd suggest might get released at the expiration of his contract

Daly might be 30, but he's played 30+ games for the last 4-5 years. I think the 'injury prone' thing is a bit of a fallacy, just like people claimed RVP was 'injury prone' when he went to Man United. It's reasonable to claim he's over his past injuries having not had any major problems for a few years

He's not an ideal young pacey talented striker, sure, but people need to be realistic. We cannot buy players until January. Daly on a free is a decent deal for me. Would do fine for 2-3 years. If not, sell him next summer for a wee profit.

He's hit double figures for three or four seasons running in the league 3 levels above ours. Don't know what more you're looking for. Regardless of that, everything isn't stats. He's a decent footballer and whenever I've watched him, has been pretty crucial to other goals being scored by Dundee Hibs. We don't sign players purely on statistics

We clearly don't sign players because we have scouted them either.

We might well be starting next season with Andy Little, Jig and Naismith. Kyle is gone, Sandaza might well get sold, Hemmings, despite the whole love-in, I'd suggest might get released at the expiration of his contract

Daly might be 30, but he's played 30+ games for the last 4-5 years. I think the 'injury prone' thing is a bit of a fallacy, just like people claimed RVP was 'injury prone' when he went to Man United. It's reasonable to claim he's over his past injuries having not had any major problems for a few years

He's not an ideal young pacey talented striker, sure, but people need to be realistic. We cannot buy players until January. Daly on a free is a decent deal for me. Would do fine for 2-3 years. If not, sell him next summer for a wee profit.

Point is we will be his last club if he signs. We will be stuck with him if he signs and i could bet any money on him getting a bad injurey with the 1st 3 months.

Why do we always go for players who have a history of bad injuries? That has not went well for us over the years you would think we would learn.

26 games 11goals

43 games 22 goals

38 games 12 goals

29 games 13 goals

27 games 9 goals

9 games 0 goals

13 games 2 goals

Is his goal stats for utd,no better than sandaza

I've said my piece on statistics. I'm sure you could dig up Jelavic's statistics too before he signed for us. Better to watch the guy play football though

Maybe if we had people in charge not making a complete cunt of things we wouldn't have angry fans like me?

Why the fuck do we always do things the hard way.

Pisses me right off. if they sign this complete and utter no mark Ally should be fucking sacked on the spot.

what a load of shite you talk !!!

Point is we will be his last club if he signs. We will be stuck with him if he signs and i could bet any money on him getting a bad injurey with the 1st 3 months.

Why do we always go for players who have a history of bad injuries? That has not went well for us over the years you would think we would learn.

You're alarmingly pessimistic, and that's coming from a pessimistic man myself. We sign players with bad injury histories because generally they come cheaper, I agree that that has been counter productive. Always a bit of a gamble

I've said my piece on statistics. I'm sure you could dig up Jelavic's statistics too before he signed for us. Better to watch the guy play football though

Did you watch Sandaza play football? I thought he was pish aswell but scored alot of goals for St Johnstone.

Comes to us 1st 3 months gets a broken jaw and has struggled with his form and goals.

We sign an awful lot of players that don't work out. It's like a bad habit with us.

I think the circumstances of the last few years has dictated somewhat of a scattered policy. Missing out on many targets and taking pumps on relative gambles. I don't think anyone could have really foreseen the SPL-level players struggling at this level really

You're alarmingly pessimistic, and that's coming from a pessimistic man myself. We sign players with bad injury histories because generally they come cheaper, I agree that that has been counter productive. Always a bit of a gamble

more than a pessimist